BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

01-22-2021, 10:41 PM   #67
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavjr99 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Op any updates?
Zero updates. The guy either is in a coma or he stole the wheels! At this point, the coma seems unlikely, and as time passes, I'd have to assume he will not have a change of heart. Thirty years ago, I'd be on a mission. Age has a way of mellowing some, and I fall into that category. I'm too old to go criminal hunting and too busy bring legal action (I happen to be a NY lawyer) the cost of which would outweigh the dollar amount of the theft. So, unless he wakes up feeling guilty and wants to answer the 20 PayPal reminders I sent him, he has successfully stolen a set of used wheels! Ocean's Eleven type of a plan it is not, and he clearly isn't a rocket scientist, but he happened to rob from a guy that doesn't want to deal with the underworld and those that dwell in it. I will rely on karma. Truly, the only reason I posted at all was to warn the community. I never expected to get any resolution. In the end, you all know to avoid dealing with him now, which is good enough for me.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Op any updates?
Zero updates. The guy either is in a coma or he stole the wheels! At this point, the coma seems unlikely, and as time passes, I'd have to assume he will not have a change of heart. Thirty years ago, I'd be on a mission. Age has a way of mellowing some, and I fall into that category. I'm too old to go criminal hunting and too busy bring legal action (I happen to be a NY lawyer) the cost of which would outweigh the dollar amount of the theft. So, unless he wakes up feeling guilty and wants to answer the 20 PayPal reminders I sent him, he has successfully stolen a set of used wheels! Ocean's Eleven type of a plan it is not, and he clearly isn't a rocket scientist, but he happened to rob from a guy that doesn't want to deal with the underworld and those that dwell in it. I will rely on karma. Truly, the only reason I posted at all was to warn the community. I never expected to get any resolution. In the end, you all know to avoid dealing with him now, which is good enough for me.
Op you're the scammers guardian angel.

Dude could of scammed a psycho path and got himself hurt.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2021, 11:40 PM   #68
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Quote:
What a mature and thoughtful response! You, sir, are a national treasure!~

COME ON BP! Let's help him get some type of response/justice!! Do any of you have access to reddit?! I know Reddit is all about internet justice!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 05:16 AM   #69
Daveneezy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

OP you are way too nice. I would have posted this fools address by now. Is there a running list of known scammers on this forum? At least that way others wouldn't get scammed.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 08:14 AM   #70
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveneezy View Post
OP you are way too nice. I would have posted this fools address by now. Is there a running list of known scammers on this forum? At least that way others wouldn't get scammed.
They all disappear and come back under a new username. Mods do absolutely nothing.

The trevor guy who scammed someone over a deposit for a set of wheels in the PNW was just trying to find an interior swap recently.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 11:14 AM   #71
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
All I can do is learn from your kindness and taking the high road like others have said. However, with that said, wish you didn't admit this.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 01:02 PM   #72
65fastback
Captain
Rep
Drives: every day

Asking all the lawyer's here including OP.

If OP posted gsrivera2 home address ...would that put him an ANY possible legal jeopardy?

If the answer is no.....OP PLEASE post his address for us who prefer to dwell in the underworld.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 02:47 PM   #73
JamesGames
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 550i|F82 M4|F48 X1|VA STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65fastback View Post
Asking all the lawyer's here including OP.

If OP posted gsrivera2 home address ...would that put him an ANY possible legal jeopardy?

If the answer is no.....OP PLEASE post his address for us who prefer to dwell in the underworld.
Negative, it is public record - post away!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 10:25 PM   #74
qwyjibo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Bitter pill to swallow but this is pretty much the same tact I had to take when I was scammed recently by OchoCinco. Mine was ‘only’ for 320 bucks and not a set of wheels , but, unless I want to drive myself nuts trying to track the guy down, I had to let it go.

Sorry this happened with your sale.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 11:43 PM   #75
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

Mods and this forum cannot be held responsible for members getting scammed. This isn't ebay where they take a % of your sale. Paypal also has protections against this kind of thing. Also everything I purchase online I use my credit card so I can chargeback against this kind of situation.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 07:16 AM   #76
Maitre_Absolut
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 CS, Audi RS6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlnyc88 View Post
Mods and this forum cannot be held responsible for members getting scammed. This isn't ebay where they take a % of your sale. Paypal also has protections against this kind of thing. Also everything I purchase online I use my credit card so I can chargeback against this kind of situation.
they can at least ban his account and ip. from what we've seen in prior situations is they happily let them roam this site
17 Porsche Macan GTS
14 Audi S4
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 07:50 AM   #77
2011ninja
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 6MT

I was selling my motorcycle years ago. Some dude offered to wire the money directly into my account.

Was kind enough to offer a test transfer and deposit a $100 dollars.

Told them I'll send bank information ASAP. So far it's not possible.

I've had one dude he was in military; asked to have bike shipped to him. Never had a live conversation with the person.Told him I'll cover shipping he should have the bike next week.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 04:43 PM   #78
coldsteelrain
driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 xdrive

Post address please
We all send him a dildo each
Appreciate 1
      01-25-2021, 05:11 PM   #79
JamesGames