BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-12-2018, 11:13 PM   #1
Arshdeep121
Private
Arshdeep121's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

f8 intakes

anyone have any recommendations for intakes? Had VRSF but didn't like them
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2018, 11:23 PM   #2
Dr._Who
"******"
Dr._Who's Avatar
55
Rep
134
Posts

Drives: Tardis
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: BBC America

iTrader: (0)

Hey,

"BMC" Air Filters.


Cheers!

__________________
///Mjoy
Appreciate 1
espho46.50

      Yesterday, 12:12 AM   #3
revenlymokalu
Private
revenlymokalu's Avatar
9
Rep
84
Posts

Drives: BMW M4 F82
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Irvine , California

iTrader: (0)

Why don't u like it? Not loud enough? I heard people swap their cones to achieve better sound?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 12:28 AM   #4
Justin.AutoTalent
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Justin.AutoTalent's Avatar
1823
Rep
2,000
Posts


Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (1)

MSR

__________________
AUTOTALENT
ADV.1 | Advan | Akrapovic | AWE | BBS | Brembo | Capristo | Forgeline | Frequency Intelligent | HRE | KW | Milltek | Modulare | PSM | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more
Justin@AutoTalent.com
Facebook | Instagram

Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 01:28 AM   #5
MisterF80M3
Private First Class
MisterF80M3's Avatar
23
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
MSR

Doesn't that cost like $2000?
__________________
2018 BMW F80 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:36 AM   #6
Justin.AutoTalent
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Justin.AutoTalent's Avatar
1823
Rep
2,000
Posts


Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post
MSR

Doesn't that cost like $2000?
Retail is a little more than 2k
__________________
AUTOTALENT
ADV.1 | Advan | Akrapovic | AWE | BBS | Brembo | Capristo | Forgeline | Frequency Intelligent | HRE | KW | Milltek | Modulare | PSM | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more
Justin@AutoTalent.com
Facebook | Instagram

Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 01:57 AM   #7
domino_z
Major
Australia
584
Rep
1,236
Posts

Drives: F80 CP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

2K for a filter on a stick, that they then go and place in direct path of bugs and rain/spray - that's the funniest shit i've heard in a while

OP if you want to baller on a budget, injen
https://x-ph.com/injen-air-intake-sy...m3-m4-f80-f82/

if you want to straight up baller, eventuri

both will do the same thing sitting behind the steering wheel

Last edited by domino_z; Yesterday at 02:12 AM.
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 02:47 AM   #8
F80Moe
First Lieutenant
F80Moe's Avatar
197
Rep
359
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3 6spd
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Kuwait

iTrader: (0)

I like my Injen intake

Open element, heat shield, spot on fitment and sounds good
__________________

Mineral White 16' F80 M3 6M/T
Bolt on's - BPM tuned
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 04:00 AM   #9
Justin.AutoTalent
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Justin.AutoTalent's Avatar
1823
Rep
2,000
Posts


Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
2K for a filter on a stick, that they then go and place in direct path of bugs and rain/spray - that's the funniest shit i've heard in a while

OP if you want to baller on a budget, injen
https://x-ph.com/injen-air-intake-sy...m3-m4-f80-f82/

if you want to straight up baller, eventuri

both will do the same thing sitting behind the steering wheel
Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, MSR is already proven to be the loudest intake

FWIW, you don't fit the filters on a stick



__________________
AUTOTALENT
ADV.1 | Advan | Akrapovic | AWE | BBS | Brembo | Capristo | Forgeline | Frequency Intelligent | HRE | KW | Milltek | Modulare | PSM | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more
Justin@AutoTalent.com
Facebook | Instagram

Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 06:21 AM   #10
domino_z
Major
Australia
584
Rep
1,236
Posts

Drives: F80 CP
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.AutoTalent View Post

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, MSR is already proven to be the loudest intake

FWIW, you don't fit the filters on a stick
It's a generic pod filter on the end of a long tube, in the worst possible location for filtration

If people want to believe for 2k it's anything more than that, each to their own


OP another option to consider is the awe at around 1500 iirc, has the cf bling, and you can run with airbox lid on or off pending how much sound you want

https://www.awe-tuning.com/bmw-f80-sflo-carbon
__________________
2016 F80 ZCP AW/SS - ceramics, mpe, oe GTS hood, tractive suspension, eventuri, ps4s.....and a sunroof
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:46 AM   #11
JackieChiles
Private First Class
JackieChiles's Avatar
20
Rep
125
Posts

Drives: 2011 M3
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
It's a generic pod filter on the end of a long tube, in the worst possible location for filtration

If people want to believe for 2k it's anything more than that, each to their own


OP another option to consider is the awe at around 1500 iirc, has the cf bling, and you can run with airbox lid on or off pending how much sound you want

https://www.awe-tuning.com/bmw-f80-sflo-carbon
I wouldn’t spend that much either, but it does sound good and arguably improves one of the worst aspects of the m3, the complete lack of engine noise

People spend several thousands on exhausts for less of a sound improvement all the time. What’s the difference, other than being conditioned to think one is kore valuable than the other?

I think this intake sounds better than most of the exhausts.

Still not ready to spend that kind of money but it’s not as dumb a value as many think when put in the context of many of the other mods people do that make zero power.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:35 PM   #12
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
tom @ eas's Avatar
United_States
2836
Rep
14,871
Posts


Drives: BMW
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Anaheim, CA

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [5.00]
2015 BMW M4  [3.50]
Stock airboxes with BMC filters. Most intakes are glorified noisemakers.
__________________
Tom G. | european auto source (eas)
email: tom@europeanautosource.com · web: www.europeanautosource.com · tel 866.669.0705 · ca: 714.369.8524 x22

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 1
Dr._Who55.00

      Yesterday, 02:06 PM   #13
Arshdeep121
Private
Arshdeep121's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
88
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

The car wassnt running correctly with vrsf
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:28 PM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
7672
Rep
93,417
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (16)

Burger Tuning is our most popular intake for the M3/M4
VRSF is a close second.

If you are looking for a cool looking intake, check out the red Injen one
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:15 AM   #15
MisterF80M3
Private First Class
MisterF80M3's Avatar
23
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

How does the Injen one sound?

Which one produces the most noise other than the MSR? (Way too overpriced for what it is, IMO).
__________________
2018 BMW F80 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:59 AM   #16
Justin.AutoTalent
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Justin.AutoTalent's Avatar
1823
Rep
2,000
Posts


Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino_z View Post
It's a generic pod filter on the end of a long tube, in the worst possible location for filtration

If people want to believe for 2k it's anything more than that, each to their own


OP another option to consider is the awe at around 1500 iirc, has the cf bling, and you can run with airbox lid on or off pending how much sound you want

https://www.awe-tuning.com/bmw-f80-sflo-carbon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieChiles View Post
I wouldn’t spend that much either, but it does sound good and arguably improves one of the worst aspects of the m3, the complete lack of engine noise

People spend several thousands on exhausts for less of a sound improvement all the time. What’s the difference, other than being conditioned to think one is kore valuable than the other?

I think this intake sounds better than most of the exhausts.

Still not ready to spend that kind of money but it’s not as dumb a value as many think when put in the context of many of the other mods people do that make zero power.
^Well said.

I never said anything about believing anything. I'm stating it's the loudest - factually. The intake combines a velocity stack with a metal filter into their unique design to create tons of sound

https://jalopnik.com/what-are-veloci...our-1792235442
__________________
AUTOTALENT
ADV.1 | Advan | Akrapovic | AWE | BBS | Brembo | Capristo | Forgeline | Frequency Intelligent | HRE | KW | Milltek | Modulare | PSM | Stoptech | Volk | Vorsteiner | Work | and many more
Justin@AutoTalent.com
Facebook | Instagram

Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST