EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-15-2018, 12:57 PM   #23
BigDog
Major
United_States
263
Rep
1,083
Posts

Drives: YMB F80
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Registered for the event! I don't have a helmet... suggestions on where to get one?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 01:09 PM   #24
///M-Furby
Master Driver
///M-Furby's Avatar
United_States
398
Rep
744
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 SO
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

if you have a fairly standard sized head (I do not), then you can probably order a few online and try them on. Just make sure their return policies are good (e.g. free return shipping).

Make sure it's SNELL rated for 2016+. Those ratings are good for 10 years, so until 2026. Buy new, never used.

Ping me on FB and I can give you the name of a guy who sells race car equipment. He has good return policies if stuff doesn't fit. Based out of TX.

Alternatively, you can travel to your nearest race track (call in advance to make sure they have helmets for sale) and try theirs on. I got mine from NJMP.

Also consider the kind of stuff you may need to do to your car. For example, get brake fluid flushed and have racing fluid put in. I am getting my brake lines upgraded to steel brake lines and getting motul fluid for the track. My BMW dealership does advanced custom work (e.g., i saw them setup an f80 M3 with a water injection system).
__________________
M-Gruppe - Exclusive ///M car club
"Tomato" ED 2016 M3 | B50 | ZCP | X3SW | ZDB | ZEC | ZLP | 2MK | 5DP | 6NS |
"Booberry" ED 2013 335xi | Returned
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 09:40 PM   #25
cooperlee
First Lieutenant
48
Rep
346
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (3)

ONLY 6 spots left for the 4/29 event. Get your registration in if you are interested to join us.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 10:30 PM   #26
///M-Furby
Master Driver
///M-Furby's Avatar
United_States
398
Rep
744
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 SO
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

yup, almost full.

dont forget to register at www.mgruppe.org for more events and an ///M focused community
__________________
M-Gruppe - Exclusive ///M car club
"Tomato" ED 2016 M3 | B50 | ZCP | X3SW | ZDB | ZEC | ZLP | 2MK | 5DP | 6NS |
"Booberry" ED 2013 335xi | Returned
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 11:59 AM   #27
cooperlee
First Lieutenant
48
Rep
346
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (3)

4/29 (Sun) Private Track Event with trackXperienz at NYST

Join us at our next event on 6/11-6/12 (a 2-day driving experience).

Event and Registration details on March 1st.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #28
///M-Furby
Master Driver
///M-Furby's Avatar
United_States
398
Rep
744
Posts

Drives: 2016 M3 SO
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA

iTrader: (0)

Yup! Make sure to register at MGRUPPE.org to get advanced notice of events, including trackXperienz. For example, we have a karting event coming up soon (MGRUPPE ///Members only)
__________________
M-Gruppe - Exclusive ///M car club
"Tomato" ED 2016 M3 | B50 | ZCP | X3SW | ZDB | ZEC | ZLP | 2MK | 5DP | 6NS |
"Booberry" ED 2013 335xi | Returned
"Boo" CPO 2006 330xi | Sold
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 12:02 PM   #29
Mokazan55@gmail.com
New Member
0
Rep
13
Posts

Drives: 2017 bmw m4 white on red
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Totowa nj

iTrader: (0)

Times are financially tought atm but if you could tell me how much it is to race on the track. I want to so bad but don't want to break the bank
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2018, 02:43 PM   #30
jninja
Captain
jninja's Avatar
United_States
417
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I'm in Albany, NY... interested. I'm about 1.5 hrs from NYST too. That's where the event is correct?

Questions on cost.. I know that $375 is the cost I saw for the event- but what about other individual costs? I've never done one of these. What about insurance for the event? Anything else? I saw race brake fluid was recommended.
__________________
2018 M3 MG ZCP 6MT- BM3 Stg 1 OTS 93 / 25% Tint / CF Tips / CF trunk lip / CF Badge overlays
2017 Accord LX [SOLD]
2014 Q50S AWD 3.7L [SOLD]
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT TURBO (360whp) [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #31
cooperlee
First Lieutenant
48
Rep
346
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (3)

Hi. Yes. The event is held at New York Safety Track.

$375 is all inclusive of professional photography, instructors are available to assist, event souvenirs, event sponsors discount, hotel event discount, and other special event features. Feel free to visit our website www.trackxperienz.com for more details.

You can purchase separate track insurance through Lockton who we have set up with. This is entirely up to the driver. This event is designed more as a recreational driving event with novice to experienced track drivers.

The April event is sold out. Our next event is in June and its 2-Day event. Please see separate posting for the June event.




Quote:
Originally Posted by jninja View Post
I'm in Albany, NY... interested. I'm about 1.5 hrs from NYST too. That's where the event is correct?

Questions on cost.. I know that $375 is the cost I saw for the event- but what about other individual costs? I've never done one of these. What about insurance for the event? Anything else? I saw race brake fluid was recommended.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #32
cooperlee
First Lieutenant
48
Rep
346
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (3)

Hi. Please check our other posting for the June event as the April event is sold out. Feel free to check out our website www.trackxperienz.com for more details. THanks


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokazan55@gmail.com View Post
Times are financially tought atm but if you could tell me how much it is to race on the track. I want to so bad but don't want to break the bank
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 12:32 PM   #33
jninja
Captain
jninja's Avatar
United_States
417
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperlee View Post
Hi. Yes. The event is held at New York Safety Track.

$375 is all inclusive of professional photography, instructors are available to assist, event souvenirs, event sponsors discount, hotel event discount, and other special event features. Feel free to visit our website www.trackxperienz.com for more details.

You can purchase separate track insurance through Lockton who we have set up with. This is entirely up to the driver. This event is designed more as a recreational driving event with novice to experienced track drivers.

The April event is sold out. Our next event is in June and its 2-Day event. Please see separate posting for the June event.
Thank you, how much is the insurance? Can I get a quote somewhere or is it flat rate? I'm trying to figure out what my total cost would be for the event. Thanks,
__________________
2018 M3 MG ZCP 6MT- BM3 Stg 1 OTS 93 / 25% Tint / CF Tips / CF trunk lip / CF Badge overlays
2017 Accord LX [SOLD]
2014 Q50S AWD 3.7L [SOLD]
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT TURBO (360whp) [SOLD]
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 12:41 PM   #34
cooperlee
First Lieutenant
48
Rep
346
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York

iTrader: (3)

Cost depends on how much coverages you want. You will need to goto the Lockton website and navigate/complete the information for them to quote you.

Estimate insurance cost per event is $300-600 depending on year/make/and how much of the car's value you want to cover.

FYI, majority of the drivers does not purchase track insurance but again, it is entirely up the driver or even the owner of the car. Feel free to call or text me should you have any questions.

917-770-1191





Quote:
Originally Posted by jninja View Post
Thank you, how much is the insurance? Can I get a quote somewhere or is it flat rate? I'm trying to figure out what my total cost would be for the event. Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #35
jninja
Captain
jninja's Avatar
United_States
417
Rep
657
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperlee View Post
Cost depends on how much coverages you want. You will need to goto the Lockton website and navigate/complete the information for them to quote you.

Estimate insurance cost per event is $300-600 depending on year/make/and how much of the car's value you want to cover.

FYI, majority of the drivers does not purchase track insurance but again, it is entirely up the driver or even the owner of the car. Feel free to call or text me should you have any questions.

917-770-1191
Thank you, I really appreciate that.
__________________
2018 M3 MG ZCP 6MT- BM3 Stg 1 OTS 93 / 25% Tint / CF Tips / CF trunk lip / CF Badge overlays
2017 Accord LX [SOLD]
2014 Q50S AWD 3.7L [SOLD]
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe 6MT TURBO (360whp) [SOLD]
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST