Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #111
Jockey
Brigadier General
Jockey's Avatar
United_States
2004
Rep
4,405
Posts

Drives: F80 SS/SS M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Park City, UT

iTrader: (1)

I've already commented in another thread that his posts towards the F8X reek of insecurity and he actually agreed that with looking at his posts, it could sound that way, so...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #112
Ezio
Brigadier General
Ezio's Avatar
United_States
245
Rep
3,847
Posts

Drives: Audi
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: MI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
lol what other people are saying is all you comment on this f8x forum is either negative or glorifies your e9x. with all that negativity, the real question is why are you still lurking in f8x forum? since it is highly likely you won't be buying this car. just so maybe you can help sway couple more people away from this new M? Or maybe it's just your character? lol
usually most people in specific car forums stay in that forum because they love the car and want to get it in the future, or they own one currently.
to me, it seems like you belong in e9x forum (or maybe even a porsche forum) and have a great time glorifying the vehicle.
because i am interested in the new car

its good to have people with different view points on a forum. it makes it more interesting. think about if the only comments you see on a forum where all positive and everyone agreed on everything. it would at times be boring. i am right ? i love talking about cars negative and positive. its healthy for a forum
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #113
Jockey
Brigadier General
Jockey's Avatar
United_States
2004
Rep
4,405
Posts

Drives: F80 SS/SS M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Park City, UT

iTrader: (1)

Well, we got you, I am Earl, and basscadet to fill up the negative side pretty well.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #114
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
3751
Rep
15,413
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey
Well, we got you, I am Earl, and basscadet to fill up the negative side pretty well.
Basically. I am Earl is probably the most annoying though.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 12:54 AM   #115
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
Kayani_1's Avatar
United_States
66
Rep
1,652
Posts

Drives: BMW E92/E60
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

I think it is a bit harsh to ask people to leave just because their opinion does not sit well with ones future purchase desires. All opinions should be welcomed positive or negative given they are not completely off topic and lacking facts and if people do not have tolerance for others opinions, then they should just sit in a corner and sing praises of their beloved car to themselves and not come to car forums.

Just my 2 cents.

Everyone has a right to their opinion and people need to stop being unwarranted forum police.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
lol what other people are saying is all you comment on this f8x forum is either negative or glorifies your e9x. with all that negativity, the real question is why are you still lurking in f8x forum? since it is highly likely you won't be buying this car. just so maybe you can help sway couple more people away from this new M? Or maybe it's just your character? lol
usually most people in specific car forums stay in that forum because they love the car and want to get it in the future, or they own one currently.
to me, it seems like you belong in e9x forum (or maybe even a porsche forum) and have a great time glorifying the vehicle.
__________________
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #116
superflywheel
ʘʘ Comandante
superflywheel's Avatar
United_States
8
Rep
115
Posts

Drives: 2011.50001 E92 DCT ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [5.00]
Scrutinizing attributes one at a time does little for me - both are great cars and very similar. However I also suspect that the F82's lower/wider stance will make a big difference to your overall impression when seeing it in person. The sound will also make a big impact to your overall impression. So we'll really need to wait and see/hear them in person.

Still lovin' my E92 and I suspect that I will continue to even if the F82 is a home-run, which I hope it is.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #117
Jockey
Brigadier General
Jockey's Avatar
United_States
2004
Rep
4,405
Posts

Drives: F80 SS/SS M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Park City, UT

iTrader: (1)

My interest is peaked.

What are your requirements for a "sports" car?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 11:01 AM   #118
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
4941
Rep
7,461
Posts

Drives: HS M2 Competition
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands/ Lilyhammer, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Every car, even a Porsche 911 has negatives.
Are you pulling me a leg here? EVEN a 911? Or my sarcasmmeter is broken or you don't know what you're talking about....

A 911 still is full of flaws, it was designed as a flaw from the begining with the engine at the back. I really don't see what's your point sorry.

And this makes your other comments less credible as well imo...


Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 11:20 AM   #119
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
4941
Rep
7,461
Posts

Drives: HS M2 Competition
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands/ Lilyhammer, Norway

iTrader: (0)

Question is: Will it rev to 8400




Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #120
dc503
Second Lieutenant
92
Rep
297
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ashburn, VA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Again, thats my point. All these "I'm drooling" childish teenager posts about the new car all the time is what makes people like me and Ezio come here and ask questions. Questions most of those people don't even bother thinking about.

I have said quite positive things about the sedan. I said i want to buy it, i like interior and exterior, the brakes and so on.

But then there are obvious things that bmw does not want you to see and for some reason i am getting flamed for pointing them out.

They chose n55 over s65 for cost cutting. If they spent the same r&d they did 6 years this time on s65, they could have come up with a magnificant car. The 25% mpg difference is BS argument for S55. They could have improved the S65 to maybe 15-20% levels and the difference wouldnt hurt their "fleet" ratings as much. These are corporations that know nothing but greed. We need to get that straight and accept it.

The weight savings they keep mentioning is insignificant. The electronic steering is another obvious cost savings measure.

Not to mention, the farting exhaust and the dull sounding engine is nothing like what we are used to right now.

Lastly, and please pay attention to this one, I said many times, "let's accept the current car and the new car as they are with their flaws as they are, stop fighting, and move on". Lets talk about handling and the impact of eps or how they managed those numbers with same bore stroke or how durable this engine will be. Will it require 1200 mile service or the same oil or will it be okay with the same treatment as a N55? What about CCBs, are they waste of money if you are not tracking your car? Let's have a productive conversation.
'Interesting' points, but not good ones.
__________________
2016 340i
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #121
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Robin_NL's Avatar
Netherlands
4941
Rep
7,461
Posts

Drives: HS M2 Competition
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Netherlands/ Lilyhammer, Norway

iTrader: (0)

So it's not about the E9x M3 's handling/weight when cornering, and its underengineered stock brakes, it's not about the (too) soft engineresponse midrange in real life(and on track it too needs a lot of straights/ space to get rid of less powerful cars ), it's not about the heavy fuelconsumption either.

No, It's all about cost cutting in the new F80/82 M3/M4.

Not making the successor a more fun to drive car.That's not BMW //Ms purpose at all. Cost cutting is...

[/sarcasm]

EPS is the only thing I'm a tad worried about in the new M3/M4.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #122
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
3751
Rep
15,413
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Not a lexus suv or a 328 sedan. The cars some people drive who post about the M3 are as close to being a sports car as my M3 is a space shuttle.
Sigh! You're like a broken record. What if that person with the Lexus or 328 has owned higher end sports cars before? What if that person with the Lexus or 328 has a higher end sports car in their garage as we speak. You assume too much, and all of the efforts to get you to STOP are futile.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #123
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
3751
Rep
15,413
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
So it's not about the E9x M3 's handling/weight when cornering, and its underengineered stock brakes, it's not about the (too) soft engineresponse midrange in real life(and on track it too needs a lot of straights/ space to get rid of less powerful cars ), it's not about the heavy fuelconsumption either.

No, It's all about cost cutting in the new F80/82 M3/M4.

Not making the successor a more fun to drive car.That's not BMW //Ms purpose at all. Cost cutting is...

[/sarcasm]

EPS is the only thing I'm a tad worried about in the new M3/M4.

Cheers
Robin
You can't reason with an unreasonable fanboy who romanticizes his car.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #124
tinman831
Captain
13
Rep
816
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: DFW

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Again, thats my point. All these "I'm drooling" childish teenager posts about the new car all the time is what makes people like me and Ezio come here and ask questions. Questions most of those people don't even bother thinking about.

I have said quite positive things about the sedan. I said i want to buy it, i like interior and exterior, the brakes and so on.

But then there are obvious things that bmw does not want you to see and for some reason i am getting flamed for pointing them out.

They chose n55 over s65 for cost cutting. If they spent the same r&d they did 6 years this time on s65, they could have come up with a magnificant car. The 25% mpg difference is BS argument for S55. They could have improved the S65 to maybe 15-20% levels and the difference wouldnt hurt their "fleet" ratings as much. These are corporations that know nothing but greed. We need to get that straight and accept it.

The weight savings they keep mentioning is insignificant. The electronic steering is another obvious cost savings measure.

Not to mention, the farting exhaust and the dull sounding engine is nothing like what we are used to right now.

Lastly, and please pay attention to this one, I said many times, "let's accept the current car and the new car as they are with their flaws as they are, stop fighting, and move on". Lets talk about handling and the impact of eps or how they managed those numbers with same bore stroke or how durable this engine will be. Will it require 1200 mile service or the same oil or will it be okay with the same treatment as a N55? What about CCBs, are they waste of money if you are not tracking your car? Let's have a productive conversation.
How are you able to have an intelligent discussion on BMW R&D and engine performance yet you say you don't know how to jack up a car? Are you messing with us?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #125
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
3751
Rep
15,413
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman831 View Post
How are you able to have an intelligent discussion on BMW R&D and engine performance yet you say you don't know how to jack up a car? Are you messing with us?
There was once a guy named travelbro who perused the forums and displayed a similar type of behavior. I wonder if Earl is Travelbro reincarnated.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #126
Jockey
Brigadier General
Jockey's Avatar
United_States
2004
Rep
4,405
Posts

Drives: F80 SS/SS M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Park City, UT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Will it require 1200 mile service or the same oil or will it be okay with the same treatment as a N55? What about CCBs, are they waste of money if you are not tracking your car? Let's have a productive conversation.
CCBs are an option and have been discussed ad naseum concerning the positives and negatives of them.

And where are you getting this 1200 mile service thing from?

We're perfectly fine at having a productive conversation but you're more interested in pointing out all the potentially negative aspects of the car and then the majority of the forum pointing out why you are incorrect making those types of statements.

And back to my earlier question, what in your mind makes a "sports" car. You've given an example of two cars that don't fit your view. Fine, but what requirements are there for you? Certain HP figures? Low profile tires? What? That's such a subjective thing to say you can see why people have an issue with it even being made.

So someone owns a sports car, so what? Do they just own it to have one? Are they members of the SCCA or BMWCCA? Have they have tracked their car or done an auto-x? Your superiority complex that owning a certain car immediately elevates your opinion above other peoples is childish.

And I've always wondered why the a lot of car enthusiasts have such a negative view towards BMW owners, it's because of stuff like this.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #127
filip75
Facetious
filip75's Avatar
United_States
73
Rep
530
Posts

Drives: '15 AW M4
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

I like the e46 interior over both e92 and F80. F80 comes second, and e90/92 is dead last (near the e30).
__________________
Current: '15 BMW M4 (6MT), '08 HD Dyna Street Bob
Previous: '06 BMW 330Ci; '06 Mercedes CLK-350; '04 Acura TL A-Spec; '95 BMW 318ti; '92 Mercury Cougar; '94 Honda Accord
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 08:19 PM   #128
gblansten
Beandoc
gblansten's Avatar
United_States
853
Rep
3,373
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW X5M DG/AB
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
I don't assume too much. I said this before, you are exception. Exceptions don't change general rules of thumb. There are hardly any people here in this very F80/F82 M3/M4 forum, who has owned an M3, and downgraded to a lesser car. There may be more in the world, but in this particular forum, who is actively posting, you are probably the only one. Why is this so hard to understand?

I drive an M3, to the owners of a Ferrari, it's a piece of sh!t BMW. I can't just go to Ferrari forums and start posting my opinion in a whole bunch of threads just because that's what I think. I guess I could, but I wouldn't, it's not right. I am never going to own a 300k Ferrari, I have no plans to own one, thus, my opinion is invalid.

Same goes here, for you, again, you are an exception, you owned an M3 and you are planning to buy the new car, a salute to you. But then there are a ton of people, let me repeat, A TON, who just want to shoot the shit, who drive a 128 or a Lexus, they just come here to post for no particular reason. I could care less what they think and frankly their opinion in the matter will inadvertently mislead future M3/M4 buyers. That's what I have been complaining about.

Obviously it's a free world and freedom of speech is what we all take advantage of, but that's not my point.
I'm naturally very egalitarian. I'm genuinely interested in the opinions of many on various topics on this forum and across Bimmerpost.

I do believe that you have a valid point though. There is some weight to be granted to those who are seriously considering this car and are in the demography for this particular market. I came out of a C63 and into my E92. My lease is up mid summer and I am extremely interested in the F8x and cars along the same niche. I will definitely bend my ear more to those of you who might actually get this car or one along the same lines.

I'm up for chatting with any of you though. I just love fun cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #129
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
3751
Rep
15,413
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
I don't assume too much. I said this before, you are exception. Exceptions don't change general rules of thumb. There are hardly any people here in this very F80/F82 M3/M4 forum, who has owned an M3, and downgraded to a lesser car. There may be more in the world, but in this particular forum, who is actively posting, you are probably the only one. Why is this so hard to understand?

Earl...

...I can rattle off at least 12 F30 owners - without even trying - that post regularly on Bimmerpost who have owned ///M3's from the E46 or E9X generation, and who now drive 328's or 335's. I can name even more who went to another marquee, and didn't purchase the ///M3 equivalent. I'm sure if we took a poll, you might be shocked. You DO assume too much.


Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
I drive an M3, to the owners of a Ferrari, it's a piece of sh!t BMW. I can't just go to Ferrari forums and start posting my opinion in a whole bunch of threads just because that's what I think. I guess I could, but I wouldn't, it's not right. I am never going to own a 300k Ferrari, I have no plans to own one, thus, my opinion is invalid.
An M3 owner posting on a Ferrari board is NOT analogous to a 3-Series owner posting on an M3 board. Nice try though!



Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Same goes here, for you, again, you are an exception, you owned an M3 and you are planning to buy the new car, a salute to you. But then there are a ton of people, let me repeat, A TON, who just want to shoot the shit, who drive a 128 or a Lexus, they just come here to post for no particular reason. I could care less what they think and frankly their opinion in the matter will inadvertently mislead future M3/M4 buyers. That's what I have been complaining about.

Obviously it's a free world and freedom of speech is what we all take advantage of, but that's not my point.
You are impossible dude.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #130
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
3751
Rep
15,413
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Ok do what you want, I got better things to do with my time.
Like rattle off on the internet about silliness? Multiple people have called you out regarding your tendency to make assumptions and your elitist attitude, but you still fail to comprehend it.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #131
///MDriver
Private
///MDriver's Avatar
11
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 2003.5 BMW M3 SMG IR on red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cal AB

iTrader: (0)

poor ps ..


__________________

Last edited by ///MDriver; 12-23-2013 at 09:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #132
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
3751
Rep
15,413
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MDriver View Post
poor ps ..


Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw m3, 2014 bmw m3 horsepower, 2014 bmw m3 specs, 2014 bmw m4 horsepower, 2014 bmw m4 specs, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 engine, 2014 m3 forum, 2014 m3 horsepower, 2014 m3 hp, 2014 m3 specs, 2014 m3 weight, 2014 m4 engine, 2014 m4 horsepower, 2014 m4 hp, 2014 m4 specs, 2014 m4 weight, 2015 bmw m3, 2015 bmw m3 specs, 2015 bmw m4, 2015 bmw m4 specs, 2015 m3, 2015 m3 engine, 2015 m3 specs, 2015 m4, 2015 m4 engine, 2015 m4 hp, 2015 m4 specs, 2015 m4 weight, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 s55, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f82 m4 s55, bmw f82 m4 video, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m3 forum, bmw m3 forums, bmw m3 s55, bmw m3 s55 engine, bmw m4, bmw m4 coupe, bmw m4 coupe forum, bmw m4 forum, bmw m4 forums, bmw m4 horsepower, bmw m4 hp, bmw m4 redline, bmw m4 rev limit, bmw m4 weight, f80 m3, f82 m4, f82 m4 vs e92 m3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:21 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST