GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

11-29-2017, 06:56 AM   #1
skyrunner86
Poland
Rep
Drives: M4

KW Clubsport 2-way - suspension setup

i'm considering buying KW clubsport 2-way for my F82. It's just a painful thought to remove EDC from my car - an option i paid extra to get. The problem with the stock suspension i have is that it's really soft and i don't feel much difference between comfort and sport+. If you put me on the passenger seat, ask me to close my eyes and tell you what's the suspension mode we're in, i would have never guessed. So potentially it's not a big loss.

However, i'd like to know if it's possible to adjust the clubsport 2-way suspension without taking the wheels off. I've looked for that information and i can't find it anywhere as if it's such a common knowledge or just nobody cares. I wonder if i can use those clicking wheels to setup damping without going to a shop.

Last edited by skyrunner86; 11-29-2017 at 06:58 AM.. Reason: misleading title
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
hwalk
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrunner86 View Post
i'm considering buying KW clubsport 2-way for my F82. It's just a painful thought to remove EDC from my car - an option i paid extra to get. The problem with the stock suspension i have is that it's really soft and i don't feel much difference between comfort and sport+. If you put me on the passenger seat, ask me to close my eyes and tell you what's the suspension mode we're in, i would have never guessed. So potentially it's not a big loss.

However, i'd like to know if it's possible to adjust the clubsport 2-way suspension without taking the wheels off. I've looked for that information and i can't find it anywhere as if it's such a common knowledge or just nobody cares. I wonder if i can use those clicking wheels to setup damping without going to a shop.
Hello,
you can adjust the KW CS without taking off the wheels. You need to get a little experience and doing some testing but it's not a big deal so i think it's possible to do it yourself. But: If you track your car you should take advice from a pro especially regarding negative camber figures etc...
      11-30-2017, 10:15 AM   #3
Circuit Hunter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

The KW Clubsport 2-Ways are generally stiff, however they are very streetable when adjusted in the softest settings. I daily drove on them and I think they are great option for this platform.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 10:35 AM   #4
CAOZKAN
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Austin Yellow M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrunner86 View Post

I own one and i don't think you can adjust it without having a lift. Even if you have one, I think it will be very hard. Only thing you can adjust without removing the wheels is the front rebound which can be done under the hood.
Appreciate 0