ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

06-23-2019, 09:52 AM   #1
KnockTsuKow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80

Steering wheel spot damaged

Recently had my car painted and somehow the idiot Green Reconditioning dude got a little paint on my steering wheel. I tried removing it with leather cleaner and Magic Eraser and think I made it worse.

How do I fix this or is there a special detailing shop that can make this go away?

Or a steering black dye???

Thanks,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 04:13 PM   #2
Spun Crankhub
Major General
Rep
Drives: 15 F82 *SOLD*

Forget that, the shop should be on the hook for that. But if you decide to not pursue option 1, what I would try next would be Leatherique rejuvenator. That spot now looks dry so what the Leatherique will do is hopefully lift any of the initial substance you were trying to get off, then get the leather soft again.
Ill also recommend you grab a bottle of the prestine clean for after.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2019, 10:19 PM   #3
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDieselXXX View Post
Recently had my car painted and somehow the idiot Green Reconditioning dude got a little paint on my steering wheel. I tried removing it with leather cleaner and Magic Eraser and think I made it worse.

How do I fix this or is there a special detailing shop that can make this go away?

Or a steering black dye???

Thanks,

Call up Tom Kennedy. He's great for leather repair.

http://www.vinylandleatherrepair.com/
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 10:42 AM   #4
KnockTsuKow
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f80

Leather steering wheel repair

Thanks for the referral N1RVE appreciated. I end up using Lee from Pioneer Leather Restoration from Socal and he did a fantastic job in making my steering wheel look brand new again, whew! Man he was extremely professional in how he worked, how he covered my dashboard while he did his craft, didn't even move my seat and in 30 mins was like MAGIC.... can't even tell.

Very professional in showing up on time, explained the procedure and absolutely fair pricing.

I highly recommend this gentleman with his service and he's mobile also. Being how anal and nut case I am with my F80 M3, trust me I did my research and vetted the top guys out!

http://pioneerleather.com/
Attached Images

Last edited by KnockTsuKow; 07-12-2019 at 10:55 AM.. Reason: need images attached
Appreciate 0