Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - California

01-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #1
Mendoteach
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2017 F80 ZCP 6M

Can you take a look at this M3 in the California Central Coast area?

Long time lurker who really wants to buy the family their first M car (currently in a ZHP an Audi S4, some motorcycles and a couple of awful trucks). If there's anybody on this forum who lives in or around San Luis Opispo there's a M3 at BMW of San Luis Obispo that I would like to have a "M person" look at. Please let me know if you would be willing to do that! Much thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mendoteach; 01-16-2019 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 09:32 PM   #2
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendoteach View Post
Long time lurker who really wants to buy the family their first M car (currently in a ZHP an Audi S4, some motorcycles and a couple of awful trucks). If there's anybody on this forum who lives in or around San Luis Opispo there's a M3 at BMW of San Luis Obispo that I would like to have a "M person" look at. Please let me know if you would be willing to do that! Much thanks in advance.
Honestly, I would stay away from that BMW. The sales team is awful. I drove 2.5 hours away to try to negotiate a 2018 M3 with minimal packages. I had cash on hand to make the payment in full. They were firm on the sticker price minus the BMWFS incentives and wouldn't budge at all.
      01-18-2019, 01:31 AM   #3
A4W
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
Honestly, I would stay away from that BMW. The sales team is awful. I drove 2.5 hours away to try to negotiate a 2018 M3 with minimal packages. I had cash on hand to make the payment in full. They were firm on the sticker price minus the BMWFS incentives and wouldn't budge at all.
Are you surprised though? Financing is how dealers make money, and since you weren't local they figured you wouldn't be a long term customer for maintenance either. New car for cash in full is a great way to get a bad deal quickly.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 01:56 AM   #4
MisterF80M3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4W View Post
Quote:
Are you surprised though? Financing is how dealers make money, and since you weren't local they figured you wouldn't be a long term customer for maintenance either. New car for cash in full is a great way to get a bad deal quickly.
I never mention to them I was paying the car in full. We never got that far.
      01-18-2019, 10:48 AM   #5
Mendoteach
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2017 F80 ZCP 6M

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4W View Post
Quote:
I never mention to them I was paying the car in full. We never got that far.

Thanks, A4W, that's good info. I really like the Tanzanite Blue and think that I'll like the SO interior, but, it's hard to know without seeing it being that oranges and red tones are extremely difficult to photograph and display. I sure wish it was closer. I also have some concerns about the CCB on a used vehicle, though I realize somewhere down the road I can swap out to iron. The car seems like it's getting close to a good value.

MisterF80M3. You're totally correct. The dealers often get kick backs through banks they work with or the financing arm of the marque. With the last few vehicles I have purchased I tell them I'm going to finance the car which allows a much better deal. Then, I pay the vehicle off in a lump sum.

Update: Just received an email from CarGurus, it appears that the M3 has sold. I'll keep looking. I need to own one of these super sedans!

Last edited by Mendoteach; 01-18-2019 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0