Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

11-12-2017, 03:37 AM   #1
MPOOR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 / WHITE

Anyone have experience with ""Racechip DE""

HI guys another piggyback question~

Has anyone on the forum have experience with "RaceChip DE"?

Obviously, it is lacking all the adjustability that "JB4" provides but it seems

as a good alternative for those of you who just want to install and forget

about it ~ They do not seem to mention how they achieve +100 HP in detail.

Link is below~

https://www.racechip.de/shop/bmw/m3-...7kw-550nm.html
Attached Images

11-12-2017, 05:37 PM   #2
Lee808
Out in the middle of the sea
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Interesting, this is the first I? ever heard of this. I? wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole personally. But idk, I? can't even read the website. You should inquire more and find out what it is that they are really selling.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 01:28 AM   #3
MPOOR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee808 View Post
Interesting, this is the first I? ever heard of this. I? wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole personally. But idk, I? can't even read the website. You should inquire more and find out what it is that they are really selling.
Yeah ~ their website does not provide ~ English version~ I just used google chrome to translate to English~
Yeah ~ I would like to do some more research before I decide ~ I'm mostly leaned towards JB4+ Bluthooth kit but there is an OBD flash possible tune rumor is out there so~ Better wait a little.
      11-13-2017, 11:01 AM   #4
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysid2007 View Post
Yeah ~ their website does not provide ~ English version~ I just used google chrome to translate to English~
Yeah ~ I would like to do some more research before I decide ~ I'm mostly leaned towards JB4+ Bluthooth kit but there is an OBD flash possible tune rumor is out there so~ Better wait a little.
Their website redirects me to:

http://racechip.us
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 11:54 AM   #5
MasterP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: All the M's

Those are popular on the X5 forums. Seems those users are pretty happy.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 03:17 PM   #6
Lee808
Out in the middle of the sea
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysid2007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee808 View Post
Someone has to go first haha
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 05:27 PM   #7
MPOOR
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterP View Post
Those are popular on the X5 forums. Seems those users are pretty happy.
thanks for the info ~ Ill look around and see what they say
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #8
LongBeachDinanFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Just what the market needs, another piggyback that has less features than the JB4 and doesn't offer a warranty like Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2017, 08:07 PM   #9
aviture
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M4 Orange Sakhir

Garage List
2016 BMW M4  [0.00]
Racechip GTS

I have the GTS version. Probably not my long term solution. Got it for a couple of reasons.

1. Have only had my m4 for a few months and might have to take the car in for warranty issues until I feel comfortable with any issues that might come up

2. Wanted something quick that I could test and evaluate without committing to a longer term solution. There are only two connections to make - 5 minutes to swap out when I take into the dealer.

While it isn't as popular with the F8X groups, there are a number of posts in the X5 forums and other BMW forums. Was going to go JB4, but saw a number of posts talking about the lag in power during shifts, and ultimately people going away from JB4 to ECU tunes. And the 5 minute connect/disconnect is definitely a plus.

As far as performance, it is there for sure. Considering getting a dyno run to see the difference. I don't know I see a 100hp difference, but there is definitely a difference in HP and Torque. That would be a 20% difference - could be, but probably more in the neighborhood of 15%. Still noticeable and have it on all the time. Absolutely could tell the difference on track day for sure. Had a check engine light once, but that was right after I upgraded my exhaust (MPE), and it went away with a restart.

The only frustration is that it was supposed be mobile enabled so that I could dynamically change it, but the mobile app doesn't work with the version I got. So if I want to change maps I have to pop the hood and press the button to change. Got it at a discount so that made it a little better. Overall, I like it and consider the investment a success. I also like the fact that when I switch over to an ECU tune I can re-purpose to my wife's Jaguar F-PaceS. Anyway, it is the direction I went and I guess I could find all kinds of confirmational basis throughout theses forums.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 05:47 PM   #10
tommysains
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviture View Post
I have the GTS version. Probably not my long term solution. Got it for a couple of reasons.

1. Have only had my m4 for a few months and might have to take the car in for warranty issues until I feel comfortable with any issues that might come up

2. Wanted something quick that I could test and evaluate without committing to a longer term solution. There are only two connections to make - 5 minutes to swap out when I take into the dealer.

While it isn't as popular with the F8X groups, there are a number of posts in the X5 forums and other BMW forums. Was going to go JB4, but saw a number of posts talking about the lag in power during shifts, and ultimately people going away from JB4 to ECU tunes. And the 5 minute connect/disconnect is definitely a plus.

As far as performance, it is there for sure. Considering getting a dyno run to see the difference. I don't know I see a 100hp difference, but there is definitely a difference in HP and Torque. That would be a 20% difference - could be, but probably more in the neighborhood of 15%. Still noticeable and have it on all the time. Absolutely could tell the difference on track day for sure. Had a check engine light once, but that was right after I upgraded my exhaust (MPE), and it went away with a restart.

The only frustration is that it was supposed be mobile enabled so that I could dynamically change it, but the mobile app doesn't work with the version I got. So if I want to change maps I have to pop the hood and press the button to change. Got it at a discount so that made it a little better. Overall, I like it and consider the investment a success. I also like the fact that when I switch over to an ECU tune I can re-purpose to my wife's Jaguar F-PaceS. Anyway, it is the direction I went and I guess I could find all kinds of confirmational basis throughout theses forums.
Anyone else got an opinion. Thinking of sticking this on my M4 comp. t
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2019, 09:04 PM   #11
LongBeachDinanFan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommysains View Post
Anyone else got an opinion. Thinking of sticking this on my M4 comp. t
Save yourself a lot of money and get a Dinan sport or BMS Stage 1, they do the same thing with a better price and reputation.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2019, 11:54 AM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

We offer Race Chip tuners, they are reliable and work as advertised.

A Jb4 will get you more for your money in my opinion

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0