EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

01-15-2019, 10:30 AM   #1
Relak
Battle Buddy
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3

Best Service Department Near Silver Spring, MD

Hey all,
I had a horrible experience with BMW Silver Spring and my old M4. Now that I'm back in an M3 I wanted to get ya'lls perspective on Dealer Service in this area? I've heard bad things about Alexandria as well, but all that was back in 2017. Has anyone been to Rockville BMW or Tysons? Has Silver Spring BMW turned a new leaf? Do I have to drive to Fairfax to get a decent service experience?

Trying to find the shortest commute with the best service so please keep that in mind when suggesting a shop. Thanks
      01-15-2019, 11:13 AM   #2
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
There is no dealer in Tysons. I've heard bad stories about Fairfax so I usually go to Sterling.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 01:51 PM   #3
iewgnaw
I'm in your face
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I switched from BMW of Fairfax to BMW of Silver Spring for my service needs. What happened during your horrible experience?
Wheels:Volk TE37SL Mag Blue 18x9.5/18x11
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 04:57 PM   #4
Relak
Battle Buddy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iewgnaw View Post
I switched from BMW of Fairfax to BMW of Silver Spring for my service needs. What happened during your horrible experience?
Basically would show up after being told my car was ready and it hadn't even been worked on. Loaners they gave me were known to have problems but I was given them anyway and then had to deal with their problems when driving to work. Some of the employees would straight up lie about causing damage to my vehicle when there was verifiable evidence that it was that specific individual who caused the damage.

There were other issues too but you get the gist. I couldn't trust them to take care of my vehicle, I couldn't trust that they were actually performing the work to the required specs, and I definitely didn't trust that I was getting my money's worth when I paid them for their "service".

Ultimately I had their service manager Joe Diss take me on as his client and stuff was still happening outside of his control. It got to the point that he even agreed that I wasn't getting the service I deserved and all he could do was say "sorry".

I figure if you get to the top of a department and they even agree that there's nothing that can be done, its probably time to give up. Which is what I did. Now I'm just hoping that they have changed their staff, policies, and perspective on employee-customer relations since all that happened. Either that or every other service department in this area is even worse which will give me no choice but to go back to BMW SS. I'm hoping it's the former!
      01-16-2019, 09:29 AM   #5
iewgnaw
I'm in your face
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I would try to get Rachel as your SA at BMW of SS. I have been there 2-3 times in the past year or so and I haven't had any issues with basic maintenance services. I would drop off at 8 am on Saturday and just wait for it. All done in less than 2 hours since my car would be the first one in line.
Wheels:Volk TE37SL Mag Blue 18x9.5/18x11
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2019, 06:57 AM   #6
K9guy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 YMB F82

Rachel is the best SA at SS...as far as techs go...she usually gets Mario to work on my car. Never an issue ever.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 01:28 PM   #7
LukeM15
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKitSS View Post
Basically would show up after being told my car was ready and it hadn't even been worked on. Loaners they gave me were known to have problems but I was given them anyway and then had to deal with their problems when driving to work. Some of the employees would straight up lie about causing damage to my vehicle when there was verifiable evidence that it was that specific individual who caused the damage.

There were other issues too but you get the gist. I couldn't trust them to take care of my vehicle, I couldn't trust that they were actually performing the work to the required specs, and I definitely didn't trust that I was getting my money's worth when I paid them for their "service".

Ultimately I had their service manager Joe Diss take me on as his client and stuff was still happening outside of his control. It got to the point that he even agreed that I wasn't getting the service I deserved and all he could do was say "sorry".

I figure if you get to the top of a department and they even agree that there's nothing that can be done, its probably time to give up. Which is what I did. Now I'm just hoping that they have changed their staff, policies, and perspective on employee-customer relations since all that happened. Either that or every other service department in this area is even worse which will give me no choice but to go back to BMW SS. I'm hoping it's the former!

Sorry for hear about your misfortune. I bought my M3 from Rockville bmw but car has always been serviced at SS. My service advisor is Rachel Rhae I have never encounter a single issue. I would recommend her to you, her M tech is Cesar (the only person I let in that dealer touch my car). Two years now and not a single issue. Also no issues with loaners, hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2019, 04:42 PM   #8
Relak
Battle Buddy
United_States
Rep

I ended up taking it to Silver Spring. I spoke with the GM and Service Director, and was set up with Eric as my service rep. Overall the service went smoothly and I was really in and out of service within a day.

I'm giving Silver Spring a second chance with an open mind. Thanks for the input, all.