Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #1
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Damasconian's Avatar
705
Rep
1,555
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

BMW Dealer in Houston

First off, this site is great and I really appreciate being a part of it. Ive learned more in the last few weeks here than I did in the few months leading up to my decision to buy an M4. Still trying to figure out the rules and guidelines, so if this isn't the correct place for my post, let me know.

Houston is a big city and we have 3-4 BMW dealers here to choose from. Before I contact any of them, do any members have a recommendation for what dealership in Houston is most open to working with us on a European delivery order? I've read its not at the top of their list to go that route, but surely there is one out there that has a dedicated employee for this task. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
Black Gold
Major General
526
Rep
5,422
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (15)

midtown is good to deal with, but I know that bmw woodlands still has allocations open. I would call them

other than that, my only advice is to avoid SW bmw. they SUCK and are absolutely horrible to deal with
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #3
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Damasconian's Avatar
705
Rep
1,555
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
midtown is good to deal with, but I know that bmw woodlands still has allocations open. I would call them

other than that, my only advice is to avoid SW bmw. they SUCK and are absolutely horrible to deal with
I appreciate the response. Ive heard mixed things about Momentum. But most people tell me midtown is the choice to go with.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #4
jesm
Private First Class
42
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 911S 2018 Rho Silv
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston

iTrader: (11)

Houston Dealer

I would recommend BMW of Houston North....they are pretty straightforward, no mark-ups....SA is Anthony Davidson....got my prod number and hopefully build date on 1-2nd week of June....
Good luck!!

JESM.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:45 PM   #5
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Damasconian's Avatar
705
Rep
1,555
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesm View Post
I would recommend BMW of Houston North....they are pretty straightforward, no mark-ups....SA is Anthony Davidson....got my prod number and hopefully build date on 1-2nd week of June....
Good luck!!

JESM.
Thank you for the name, Ill contact him. If you dont mind, did you do ED or just custom order your BMW for Houston delivery?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:47 PM   #6
jesm
Private First Class
42
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: 911S 2018 Rho Silv
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Houston

iTrader: (11)

Just did custom order for delivery here...dont have time to do ED at this time...
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
Swancoat
Lieutenant
124
Rep
504
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston

iTrader: (0)

Bought my last two at Midtown after shopping at SW (which wouldn't let me test drive M3 since that's only for 'serious' buyers).

My CA is pretty good. I wouldn't call him super product knowledgeable (seems like I'm always filling him in), but wants to help and wants the deal. Initially, given that he's sometimes behind on the product knowledge I'd guess that he would not be an ED expert, but he has brought up and suggested ED to me in the past, which suggests that he's more than willing to do it and has done before. All else being equal, that'll be my first choice this time around too.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:10 PM   #8
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Damasconian's Avatar
705
Rep
1,555
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swancoat View Post
Bought my last two at Midtown after shopping at SW (which wouldn't let me test drive M3 since that's only for 'serious' buyers).

My CA is pretty good. I wouldn't call him super product knowledgeable (seems like I'm always filling him in), but wants to help and wants the deal. Initially, given that he's sometimes behind on the product knowledge I'd guess that he would not be an ED expert, but he has brought up and suggested ED to me in the past, which suggests that he's more than willing to do it and has done before. All else being equal, that'll be my first choice this time around too.
Thanks a lot. What's his name? Ill ask for him.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #9
Black Gold
Major General
526
Rep
5,422
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (15)

ask for Sergio Martinez at midtown

but again, they are out of allocations. if you want an allocation, call woodlands bmw
__________________
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 03:00 PM   #10
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Damasconian's Avatar
705
Rep
1,555
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
ask for Sergio Martinez at midtown

but again, they are out of allocations. if you want an allocation, call woodlands bmw
Dont respond to this if Im bothering you, cant get enough info though so I appreciate it. By allocations, do you mean number of cars dealership is getting of that particular model? Im hoping to do Euro Delivery, not sure that figure would come out of allocations as they are relatively customer ordered and built.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 03:34 PM   #11
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
Wah's Avatar
United_States
1588
Rep
3,229
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 2016 X5
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
Dont respond to this if Im bothering you, cant get enough info though so I appreciate it. By allocations, do you mean number of cars dealership is getting of that particular model? Im hoping to do Euro Delivery, not sure that figure would come out of allocations as they are relatively customer ordered and built.
Dealers get a certain number of cars per month from BMW. Whether they are custom orders, ED orders, or orders for dealer stock, they come from that allocation. If there are more buyers for that model than allocations, the buyers end up on a wait list since technically they have none to sell until they get the next months allocation. So he's saying if you want your M4 soon, go to a dealership that has an allocation available to sell.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 03:59 PM   #12
1slowE82cp
Private First Class
1slowE82cp's Avatar
Colombia
36
Rep
179
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 SOLD, 2016 M3 coming..
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston/Tx

iTrader: (0)

I have heard many bad things about Momentum BMW SW, and from past experiences I have never been able to see this things. I have dealt with them for the past 3 years and they have been very good and customer pleasing. I bought my 135i from them in 2012 and the deal went without any issues. Now I am doing ED with them for my new F80 M3 and I can only say good things about them so far. This has been my experience only, so take this with a grain of salt. If you choose to go with SW Momentum BMW I would like to recommend you my CA Phillip who has been dealing with me for the past 6 months and I haven't been the nicest customer so far due to anticipation and overall impatience lol

I think any dealer will have good and bad customer service, is up to you which will serve you better and which one you prefer. One of the good things of living in Houston is that we have plenty of dealerships to choose from.
Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #13
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Damasconian's Avatar
705
Rep
1,555
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowE82cp View Post
I have heard many bad things about Momentum BMW SW, and from past experiences I have never been able to see this things. I have dealt with them for the past 3 years and they have been very good and customer pleasing. I bought my 135i from them in 2012 and the deal went without any issues. Now I am doing ED with them for my new F80 M3 and I can only say good things about them so far. This has been my experience only, so take this with a grain of salt. If you choose to go with SW Momentum BMW I would like to recommend you my CA Phillip who has been dealing with me for the past 6 months and I haven't been the nicest customer so far due to anticipation and overall impatience lol

I think any dealer will have good and bad customer service, is up to you which will serve you better and which one you prefer. One of the good things of living in Houston is that we have plenty of dealerships to choose from.
Good luck.
Great response, thank you for the time. Im heading there tomorrow and will ask for Phillip. If he worked with you on ED, then he will work with me too. Ill let you know how it goes.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 04:18 PM   #14
1slowE82cp
Private First Class
1slowE82cp's Avatar
Colombia
36
Rep
179
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 SOLD, 2016 M3 coming..
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston/Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
Great response, thank you for the time. Im heading there tomorrow and will ask for Phillip. If he worked with you on ED, then he will work with me too. Ill let you know how it goes.
Great, Let him know that Max sent you, He is M Certified.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 09:24 AM   #15
Damasconian
Lieutenant Colonel
Damasconian's Avatar
705
Rep
1,555
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowE82cp View Post
Great, Let him know that Max sent you, He is M Certified.
Max - Cant thank you enough. Spoke to Phillip yesterday and will drop by the dealership this afternoon for a quick meeting. Dont plan on ordering mine until later this summer, but that could change depending on his waiting list. He told me you'll be one of the first people to get one in Texas, jealous.

Ill stay in contact with you, really appreciate the recommendation.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #16
///Mobbin
Colonel
///Mobbin's Avatar
684
Rep
2,040
Posts

Drives: m3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slowE82cp View Post
Great, Let him know that Max sent you, He is M Certified.
Max - Cant thank you enough. Spoke to Phillip yesterday and will drop by the dealership this afternoon for a quick meeting. Dont plan on ordering mine until later this summer, but that could change depending on his waiting list. He told me you'll be one of the first people to get one in Texas, jealous.

Ill stay in contact with you, really appreciate the recommendation.
+1 on Momentum SW, I am going through them for my F80 ED as well (in October), my CA is Bino and I'm also working with Tom, both of whom I recommend.

I am actually next door at the Land Rover dealership right now getting an oil change for my wife's LR4, plan to go over and say hi to my guys in a few. Small world.
__________________
2018 F80 m3 | 6MT | ZCP
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 11:48 AM   #17
1slowE82cp
Private First Class
1slowE82cp's Avatar
Colombia
36
Rep
179
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 SOLD, 2016 M3 coming..
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston/Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damasconian View Post
Max - Cant thank you enough. Spoke to Phillip yesterday and will drop by the dealership this afternoon for a quick meeting. Dont plan on ordering mine until later this summer, but that could change depending on his waiting list. He told me you'll be one of the first people to get one in Texas, jealous.

Ill stay in contact with you, really appreciate the recommendation.
I am glad to hear that you are being taken care off. I called Phillip on his day off to told him about you. I didn't know your name so I gave him your username and told him to be on the look out lol

I put money down for the first allocation(F80 M3) since December of 2013, it's been hard waiting for this car but I am almost there. I'm picking it up on June 23 with the other 19 bimmerpost members who are also doing ED. None the less I am happy to hear that you are getting one too
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #18
1slowE82cp
Private First Class
1slowE82cp's Avatar
Colombia
36
Rep
179
Posts

Drives: 2015 M3 SOLD, 2016 M3 coming..
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Houston/Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mobbin View Post
+1 on Momentum SW, I am going through them for my F80 ED as well (in October), my CA is Bino and I'm also working with Tom, both of whom I recommend.

I am actually next door at the Land Rover dealership right now getting an oil change for my wife's LR4, plan to go over and say hi to my guys in a few. Small world.
Small world indeed, I ran into my now CA just because the day I walked in and asked about ED he happen to be there to help me. It turns out a good friend of mine actually knows Bino but it didn't cross his mind to tell me lol I am happy with my CA and the momentum Bmw experience so far.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 02:46 AM   #19
PeteM6
Second Lieutenant
PeteM6's Avatar
26
Rep
243
Posts

Drives: 2015 M5 CP
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Texas

iTrader: (2)

I just got 30k off my 2014 M6 from momentum SW. Always been a dedicated bmwwest guy, but when shopping around SW beat everyone else hands downs.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #20
Black Gold
Major General
526
Rep
5,422
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (15)

30k off? Wow
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST