Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

09-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #45
Jojipoji
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 m3/15 gtr

owned both. The c63s has a better interior and sounds better, but you knew that. What you dont know prob is that itll cost you $300-400 for the diff fluid change (1st 1k miles) and every 10k service is $380 and the $20k is $1200. Brakes tend to go fast on it because of the tc etc. It cost me $2200 the first year of ownership in maintenance costs. Rear brakes were going so it was going to cost me even more...

pay to play lol
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 05:30 PM   #46
Parabolica
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP 6MT

Doesn't Mercedes have no charge maintenance?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 05:49 PM   #47
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Love the c63s but I can't seem to get over how fugly the dash and the infotainment is.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 05:52 PM   #48
two+2
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP Grey Black

I believe Merc like Audi offers a payment plan which you can opt into at time of purchase. Essentially pre-paying all the maintenance work.

BMW is the only one of the 3 which actually has the maintenance built into the purchase price. - It was one of several key reasons I went M3 again.

To be fair though, If the RS4 Avant or RS5 Sportback actually makes it to our shores, I'd be torn again on what to do in 2018.

[Edit] I realized I never answered the question. - I would buy the C63S coupe over the M4, I do like the C63 coupe alot. - No it doesn't look like an accord IRL.

M3 > C63 Sedan for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2017, 06:36 PM   #49
Racer20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 228i THP, E46 ZHP

C63S is faster, and sounds better, and the interior seems nicer at first. It?s also a more comfortable cruiser. It?s a really nice road car.

But as nice as the interior looks, there are weird things about the ergonomics and how the controls are laid out. The infotainment system is not nearly as good as iDrive.

The transmission isn?t too bad, but it?s not as smooth as a true DCT. It?s not nearly as nimble or responsive as my non-CP M3 . . . In that sense, it feels like a big, fast sedan whereas the M3 feels more like a big sports car. The power isn?t that much better than the M3, and the car doesn?t feel as special and isn?t as fun to drive as the M for me.
      09-29-2017, 10:06 PM   #50
Roadkiller
Philosophiae Doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojipoji View Post
owned both. The c63s has a better interior and sounds better, but you knew that. What you dont know prob is that itll cost you $300-400 for the diff fluid change (1st 1k miles) and every 10k service is $380 and the $20k is $1200. Brakes tend to go fast on it because of the tc etc. It cost me $2200 the first year of ownership in maintenance costs. Rear brakes were going so it was going to cost me even more...

pay to play lol
Yep -- I agree.

Had both but moved on. The M4 was non CP but unless you're on the track, it doesn't make a big difference. I don't track my cars so got no where close to using the available power. I will say while the AMG is nice, I underestimated the creature comfort in the M4. The C63S looks nice inside but the infotainment sucked. 10 thousand ways to do 1 thing but only did 5 things well. I believe the LCI change next year will bring the E class system to the car so it will be a bit better.

The rest you know (Sound = C63S; straight line acceleration = C63S). I can't compare the looks because I had the sedan but I will confess the M3 hands down is much sexier than the C63S sedan. I think the AMG coupe slightly edges out the M4.

OP -- would I do it -- no. Having said that, figure out what's important to you. For me, I needed a combination of power and luxury and realized I love comfort and tech way more than I thought. The sound of the AMG was sexy and the straight line power was cool but that was it and I felt I needed more -- even after I was tuned to 675tq/660hp. My next move is the M550i xdrive fully loaded and will likely add a Dinan S2 when available to move near M5 territory. This is the best combo for me.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2017, 07:01 AM   #51
sleeprequired
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-M4 View Post
Absolutely NOT!
I ordered an M4 because I simply love its looks and I know it performs really well.
I did not order it because it is better than THAT car or THIS car. I ordered it because I truly love how i looks! I truly do! You could put an Audi R8 in front of me and I would still pick an M4 because that's where my heart is.
I did not order this car to impress others. I ordered this car because I find it to be simply AWESOME.
I personally find the looks of the M4 1000x better than the C63. I don't care if the C63 performs 2x better, all I truly care about is that I got a car that I'm truly in love with. That's the most important thing. Follow your heart and get the car you truly want regardless of the pros and cons. Don't allow others to influence your judgement.
I did NOT even get the competition package!! Lol I would not have gotten it even for $1000. 425HP is plenty of HP to me. Shoot, I would have ordered an M4 even if it was around 380HP. LOL... i again simply LOVE this car!!!
Anyway, good luck to you.
Yeah this. My heart was with the m3 as well.

The only significant advantage in my mind the c63s had was that engine sound. It’s heavenly.

Other than that the sports seats were truly uncomfortable, the functionality was lacking with satnav traffic accuracy even though they use same traffic data, certainly no ability to integrate with your calendar addresses in sat nav, no concierge. And the butt is UGLY!

m3 all the way, a slight tune and an exhaust and the Merck’s advantages are gone. Except for the sound.

M3 is a much more beautiful car.
Appreciate 0