BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-21-2020, 05:58 PM   #1
Carnut12
Second Lieutenant
Carnut12's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
220
Posts

Drives: M4 Heritage Edition LSB
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Southwick MA

iTrader: (0)

Finally hit 500 miles!!

Crazy Iíve had my car for over 3 months and I just hit 500 miles. Working from home and much of my driving being Hockey 🏒 related equals not much driving the M4. I will say I absolutely love the car and the color only gets better with time, the different shades based on lighting is Amazing!!!

Looks like I wonít hit the break in mileage before it goes away for the Winter, the good news is I may be looking to relocate to GA, Iím extremely excited about the possibility of selling my snow thrower and not looking back.

Hope you are all well
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
zamboni712.50

      10-21-2020, 06:12 PM   #2
DocL
First Lieutenant
DocL's Avatar
United_States
507
Rep
363
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: S Fla

iTrader: (0)

I see why you only have 500mi on the car. You're in 6th gear going 32mph. You gotta downshift to second and hammer the throttle a little. Have you filled it up more than 2x with gas yet?
__________________
2018 F80 M3. YMB/BLK. ZCP. Three Pedals.
"Education will never be as expensive as ignorance."
Appreciate 1
Carnut12107.00

      10-21-2020, 06:44 PM   #3
PhatLyfe
Captain
PhatLyfe's Avatar
United_States
724
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Somerset County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnut12 View Post
Crazy Iíve had my car for over 3 months and I just hit 500 miles. Working from home and much of my driving being Hockey 🏒 related equals not much driving the M4. I will say I absolutely love the car and the color only gets better with time, the different shades based on lighting is Amazing!!!

Looks like I wonít hit the break in mileage before it goes away for the Winter, the good news is I may be looking to relocate to GA, Iím extremely excited about the possibility of selling my snow thrower and not looking back.

Hope you are all well
You need to put more miles on than that, technically the break-in in about 1200 miles and that when you go in for service for fluid changes.. so go out and enjoy your ride before the snow comes in December..
Appreciate 1
Carnut12107.00

      10-21-2020, 07:06 PM   #4
Carnut12
Second Lieutenant
Carnut12's Avatar
United_States
107
Rep
220
Posts

Drives: M4 Heritage Edition LSB
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Southwick MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocL View Post
I see why you only have 500mi on the car. You're in 6th gear going 32mph. You gotta downshift to second and hammer the throttle a little. Have you filled it up more than 2x with gas yet?
I just filled up I think it was the 3rd time. Iím goi go to get it out more I want to get the 1200 mile service done this year.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 07:06 PM   #5
9M71
Captain
919
Rep
931
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Whoa you still have the efficient screen showing on your tach? that's how you know you've barely driven it
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2020, 08:40 PM   #6
PhatLyfe
Captain
PhatLyfe's Avatar
United_States
724
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Somerset County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnut12 View Post
I just filled up I think it was the 3rd time. Iím goi go to get it out more I want to get the 1200 mile service done this year.
Do a couple of M Team meets out of state and the miles will add up fast..

Plus you can take teh car out on the highway and open up the throttle and enjoy ( get a good radar dectector ).
Appreciate 1
Carnut12107.00

      10-22-2020, 09:58 AM   #7
xxHRxx
Private First Class
United_States
42
Rep
114
Posts

Drives: 17 F82
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: RI

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
Whoa you still have the efficient screen showing on your tach? that's how you know you've barely driven it
why is that? It sometimes confuses me when some has this efficient screen and others have the drive configuration screen. I previously thought older cars will have the efficient screen. But op's car is 2020.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 10:31 AM   #8
aamirani
New Member
11
Rep
28
Posts

Drives: BMW M4
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: Kansas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxHRxxx View Post
why is that? It sometimes confuses me when some has this efficient screen and others have the drive configuration screen. I previously thought older cars will have the efficient screen. But op's car is 2020.
Itís a setting you can change in your iDrive. I think stock it comes with the efficient screen, but 99% of people change it to drive modes.
Appreciate 1
xxHRxx41.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST