Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-20-2020, 02:08 PM   #287
deceptiv.M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M3 ZCP

This tune seems super complex. I'm having issues with stage 1 OTS on altitude w/ BM3, should I consider ECUTEK? Anyone make the jump from Bm3? pros/cons?

Do they have OTS maps?
      10-20-2020, 03:59 PM   #288
chetrickerman
ECUTek Master Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 YMB

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
This tune seems super complex. I'm having issues with stage 1 OTS on altitude w/ BM3, should I consider ECUTEK? Anyone make the jump from Bm3? pros/cons?

Do they have OTS maps?
If you come down to Colorado Springs, I can tune your car using ECUTek
      10-23-2020, 12:37 AM   #289
Blackhawk878
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf_m3 View Post
Ian @ bend calibration is my tuner. I think my results so far speak for his tuning abilities. All remote tuned.
I also use Bend Calibration for tuning. Process is very smooth IMO, even doing initial calibrations (pre e85) in Germany. With each additional update came more, smoother (useable) power. I am very happy with the service provided by Ian.

I have e85 hardware (from Bend) already installed, just waiting on my car to arrive in the US to start the remote tuning for that.
Appreciate 2
      10-23-2020, 08:36 PM   #290
papasmurf_m3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawk878 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by papasmurf_m3 View Post
Ian @ bend calibration is my tuner. I think my results so far speak for his tuning abilities. All remote tuned.
I also use Bend Calibration for tuning. Process is very smooth IMO, even doing initial calibrations (pre e85) in Germany. With each additional update came more, smoother (useable) power. I am very happy with the service provided by Ian.

I have e85 hardware (from Bend) already installed, just waiting on my car to arrive in the US to start the remote tuning for that.
That's awesome! Ian is a true professional.

You're gonna love the flex fuel tune. My car feels insane lol.

ecutek - bend calibration - flex fuel - mpe - oem+
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2020, 10:01 PM   #291
thump604
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 M4 ZCP

What 4 maps configs should I go with considering I'm getting the flex fuel setup? Package comes with a 2 maps, soft and full torque. I hate to waste a map on valet but that's probably a good idea, however I likely will never hand my car to a valet, so ,ay that's a complete waste. lol What are some other good map configs to consider?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 12:35 AM   #292
E92inSG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump604 View Post
What 4 maps configs should I go with considering I'm getting the flex fuel setup? Package comes with a 2 maps, soft and full torque. I hate to waste a map on valet but that's probably a good idea, however I likely will never hand my car to a valet, so ,ay that's a complete waste. lol What are some other good map configs to consider?
would be good to get a couple maps based off fuel, eg 91 map and 93 map, and depending if you're running meth, a meth map and a non meth map.

the flex fuel can be integrated into any of those maps. it doesnt need to be a map on its own, thats the beauty of flex fuel
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 01:11 AM   #293
Commanderwiggin
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C;12 X5 35D;Turbo E46 M3

Quote:
I have Soft Torque, Full Torque and Road Course Map (More flat torque power delivery and temperature corrections to keep things healthy over the course)
      10-28-2020, 01:50 AM   #294
Eldaes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inSG View Post
Quote:
would be good to get a couple maps based off fuel, eg 91 map and 93 map, and depending if you're running meth, a meth map and a non meth map.

the flex fuel can be integrated into any of those maps. it doesnt need to be a map on its own, thats the beauty of flex fuel
Quote:
Quote:

I thought flex fuel took up all 4 maps?
      10-29-2020, 01:34 AM   #295
Commanderwiggin
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldaes View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

The tuner can control which maps are flex. So yes, all 4 can be flex. No sense for a 91 or 93 only map.
Eldaes18.50

10-29-2020, 02:22 AM   #296
Eldaes
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

The tuner can control which maps are flex. So yes, all 4 can be flex. No sense for a 91 or 93 only map.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

I was under the impression that flex fuel took up all 4 map slots. Like 1 flex fuel tune was all all 4 maps combined with the ECU automatically swapping between. This is good to know!
      11-23-2020, 07:40 AM   #297
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Any times from dragy on a OTS Ecutek map? All this pages and no times posted or did I miss something.?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 03:06 PM   #298
ghost.f82
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Any times from dragy on a OTS Ecutek map? All this pages and no times posted or did I miss something.?
There are no OTS maps on ECUTEK
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 06:38 PM   #299
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost.f82 View Post
Oh my bad, than what are the gains in terms of dragy times from bm3 ots stg2 to lets say a Stg2 tune done rhrough Ecutek?

Just trying to get a feel for real life gains.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 04:06 AM   #300
Commanderwiggin
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgicm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost.f82 View Post
Oh my bad, than what are the gains in terms of dragy times from bm3 ots stg2 to lets say a Stg2 tune done rhrough Ecutek?

Just trying to get a feel for real life gains.
Depends on the tuner and also depends on your goals. I chose Bend Calibration as they built me a fully custom flexfuel tune based on my preferences. It's honestly perfect never having to worry about specific ethanol contents.

As for stage 2 gains...this video was taken over a year ago and it only had downpipes and an AA midpipe.

Had stock plugs, stock air filters, stock intercooler, stock charge pipes at that time: