Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

10-19-2020, 10:38 AM   #23
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
I've had this problem with my M2C and AutoSolutions SSK, and thought it might be related to the bushings on the SSK. Looking forward to hearing whether the stiffer trans mount bushings solve the problem.
Im in the process of talking to Ronald about making a ssk. What problems are you having with it? did you upgrade to the 95A, or keep it stock?
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2020, 10:44 AM   #24
Daytona_550
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C / 2008 550i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Was install easy, like jack the Trans a little and tip them out?

I'm looking forward to hear how the Rogue Engineering pieces fit and feel.
Have a look:

Appreciate 2
TopJimmy421.00
MAddict34.00

10-19-2020, 10:51 AM   #25
Daytona_550
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
Quote:
I've had this problem with my M2C and AutoSolutions SSK, and thought it might be related to the bushings on the SSK. Looking forward to hearing whether the stiffer trans mount bushings solve the problem.
Im in the process of talking to Ronald about making a ssk. What problems are you having with it? did you upgrade to the 95A, or keep it stock?
Here's the issue I have: Trouble finding 2nd gear under load https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1739227

I'll be upgrading the SSK bushings to the harder compound soon. Also replacing the transmission mounts (with Rogue) and changing the shifter rear carrier bushing (Turner).
Appreciate 1
MAddict34.00

10-20-2020, 08:15 PM   #26
MAddict
M Power
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hC1001 View Post
I dont know the construction of the ECS bushings. Is it one stud going through the bushing? is it two individual studs? If its one stud bolt thru, you are going to have NVH. If its two, you can greatly limit it by how you tighten the top nut.
It's hard to tell as the poly is not see-through, but it does appear the ECS bushings have one stud passing through the bushings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTABurnout View Post
Interested in the outcome of swapping in the Rogue mounts...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
Was install easy, like jack the Trans a little and tip them out?

I'm looking forward to hear how the Rogue Engineering pieces fit and feel.
The Rogue Engineering transmission mounts are perfect. No NVH increase over stock while eliminating the sloppy OEM mounts that allow the transmission to lean while corning.

I had a near "money-shift" (3rd to 2nd) while cornering which got me looking into solutions. I did some tests and found the transmission to be consistently leaning while cornering, making shifting guess work, and sometimes it would block me from shifting into 3rd. Feels like these RE mounts will resolve that issue completely.

The install is straightforward, that DIY video will have the same steps. I didn't remove the exhaust at all, just unbolted the midpipe hanger and swung it down. However you will need to slide the heat shield above the midpipe back, to access the top 13mm bolts on the mounts. You will need 8mm, 10mm, 13mm & E-Torx sockets, 13mm spanner wrench, a way to get the car in the air with a way to support the transmission. I used ramps + jack.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 09:00 PM   #27
Daytona_550
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
Quote:
Here's the issue I have: Trouble finding 2nd gear under load https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1739227

I'll be upgrading the SSK bushings to the harder compound soon. Also replacing the transmission mounts (with Rogue) and changing the shifter rear carrier bushing (Turner).
Had these installed today. Some initial impressions:

1. Shifter feels more notchy (in a good way) and there a bit more mechanical noise when the shifter moves into gear. Expected and no complaint here.
2. Much more noticeable whirring sound on acceleration (expected and ok), and I can hear more ticking engine noise at idle (hoping this goes away). From 1 (quiet) to 10 (race car), if stock is a 2 for interior noise, this latest setup is a 4. I'll put it another way: If my wife was in the car, she would ask "were those noises always there?"

I think all of this is a good trade-off, if it will get rid of the "shifting under load" problem (I'll know for sure after my next track event), but...

If you don't tolerate much interior noise, and you don't track your car, I would avoid these changes.
Appreciate 1
Pong44.50

11-06-2020, 12:49 PM   #28
RSXDC5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

I was experiencing transmission movement after upgrading to a Spec twin disc clutch, and was weighing my options for what transmission and/or shift linkage bushings to replace while fearing increased nvh. Thankfully I was able to bypass changing our tranny bushings by replacing/upgrading our rear diff bushings (powerflex purple 85a) and using the Turner dual mount diff plate. Removed a huge amount of slop from the shifting process, much more direct now and no increased nvh
Appreciate 1
      11-07-2020, 06:21 PM   #29
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Iíve just installed the Rogue mounts. The only negative thing I have to say is that the shifter vibrates a tad more than before, although it doesnít appear to visually (not blurry or any other visual cue), but there is a bit more mechanical energy transmitted into the shifter IMO.

I didnít notice any increased NVH otherwise, but then my car typically is noisy inside due to the Vorschlag camber plates.

The positives, as others have noticed, is the transmission no longer moving around like before. These past days I went to VIR and at the Oak Tree turn, I was able to find 2nd gear under load *every single time*. With stock mounts, it was a 30/70 in favor of not finding it. 100% worth it for me.

2018 F80 Santorini
2004 Z4 3.0
2014 X3 35i
Appreciate 1