Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-29-2016, 11:32 PM   #23
shoman22
New Member
4
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2016 m3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: california

iTrader: (0)

ya i consulted lawyers and i might just sue them and its because i read about a similar post on here that had the same thing and they covered it it was also a 6mt and its because the car shouldn't over rev and even ip the pull a report which is what i want they would see that i was just driving normal!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 11:32 PM   #24
kadify
Lieutenant
160
Rep
524
Posts

Drives: 428i xDrive GC
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

The problem is, it doesn't matter how you normally drive. You could be going a sedate 40mph in first gear and be overrevving the engine and BMW isn't going to cover a whole new engine for your mistake. The fact is, if you were negligent and over revved your engine, you are responsible for fixing it, not BMWNA.


NOW if YOU ABSOLUTELY DID NOT over rev the engine, then you need to have them verify this
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 11:33 PM   #25
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Arcades's Avatar
Taiwan
2793
Rep
3,916
Posts

Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman22 View Post
regardless of where and when the car shouldn't fail on me and thats not the point lol!. i drove it smooth and not stupid at least!. and im asking for advice not for you to evaluate my driving pace...

its a 6MT
The whole point of this is your driving. Especially if it is a MT. Regardless if you take any of the advice we give you, you will end up having to deal with this not us.

Like a few above have said, tell the dealership to provide absolute proof and say I will lawyer up if you don't. 40k is no joke for an engine. If they provide the proof and shows you that you over-revved then you are screwed. If they can't and they won't fix your car then get your lawyer.

Don't do it the other way. Sue first, if BMW provides proof in court that you over-revved then not only do you have to PAY for the engine, you now have to pay for your lawyer. Be smart about what you are doing. Just because you drive normally for you, doesn't mean it is healthy for your car.
__________________
'18 Grigio Medio/Nutmeg BMW F80 M3 Competition "Stella" // '17 Mahogany Metallic/Black Porsche Macan S "Gisele"
2021 Porsche Macan GTS On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 2
MFNATIK2061.00
Naz241576.50

      10-29-2016, 11:34 PM   #26
MadZarBMR
Captain
MadZarBMR's Avatar
United_States
689
Rep
924
Posts

Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: SFBay, CA

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman22 View Post
regardless of where and when the car shouldn't fail on me and thats not the point lol!. i drove it smooth and not stupid at least!. and im asking for advice not for you to evaluate my driving pace...

its a 6MT
Hey take it easy - sorry we are asking questions, but if you want our help, you need to understand we all have seen posts like this before that turn into something else. You weren't exactly open about all the details and even you agreed that you drove the car excessively..

Anyhow - if you really did not over rev, then absolutely ask for proof and if they will not work with you try different dealers that might be more sympathetic. Or do as someone else suggested and try to find an independent shop or someone that can help read the car to get to the evidence. Where in CA are you?
Appreciate 1
drexplode1097.00

      10-29-2016, 11:35 PM   #27
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
575
Rep
4,031
Posts

Drives: M340
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman22 View Post
regardless of where and when the car shouldn't fail on me and thats not the point lol!. i drove it smooth and not stupid at least!. and im asking for advice not for you to evaluate my driving pace...

its a 6MT
No one is evaluation your driving peace.

You are new here, you just registered to post that your engine blew off and people are trying to help you.

These machines are all computerized and there is a log recorded every time you drive the car or when an event is recorded like over rev.

If dealer is denying your claim based on that info, you are screwed. If they think you are some sort of a punk (using this just as an example and not saying that you are) ask for a proof which is the ECU report.

We can all beat around the bush in here while all the info is already registered in the car's computers. End of story.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 11:36 PM   #28
BimmerBahn
Second Lieutenant
United_States
113
Rep
268
Posts

Drives: 2016 X5, 2017 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sunshine State and the Old Dominion

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
2017 BMW M3  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman22 View Post
i bought the car august 29th and it happened oct 20th i was commuting to work everyday 200 mies roundtrip :/ i know lots to put on an m3 but it really is
ok, that seems more like it... so about 8 weeks of ownership.

You need to have them provide proof that the engine was over-rev'd by you...if the break-in service was done, they should have a record of the in/out time/mileage. You need to find as much ammo as you can to support your position. you might also contact your insurance as a backup plan.

I'd engage a lawyer as a last resort - nuclear option - because it's going to get messy.

good luck!
__________________
Current: ‘19 G05 X5, ‘19 Tesla Model 3P
F15 X5, F80 M3 ZCP, F10 535d, E84 X1, E90 335d, E92 335i, E46 330i, E39 M5

Appreciate 1
Arcades2793.00

      10-29-2016, 11:40 PM   #29
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Arcades's Avatar
Taiwan
2793
Rep
3,916
Posts

Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Lawyer as a last resort only.

Your car will record everything you do and any BMW dealership will be able to pull up the errors that your car is giving. Most cars now a days are just giant computers. Or like an modern airplane it is recorded like black box. Whatever you do will be there.

If you did or didn't over-rev it will be there and recorded. If your dealership can provide that proof, then you go from there. If they are refusing to give that proof, threaten them with the lawyer option and see what they do. If they still don't, then go with the lawyer.
__________________
'18 Grigio Medio/Nutmeg BMW F80 M3 Competition "Stella" // '17 Mahogany Metallic/Black Porsche Macan S "Gisele"
2021 Porsche Macan GTS On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 11:51 PM   #30
donaldp
Private
109
Rep
79
Posts

Drives: SO/SS M3
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

Your story does not make sense. Your first post says "two weeks later after purchasing" and your later post says purchase Aug 29 and happened October 20. You say you drive 200 miles round trip each day so neither makes sense once again. 200 miles per day is 1000 per week so two weeks is 2000 miles. One of those days you claim your car was in for the 1200 mile service so you should have had a loaner and not put 200 miles on your car. If the two month story is correct than you should have had 8000 miles on your car. I don't believe the story at all.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #31
JoeFromPA
Colonel
1647
Rep
2,967
Posts

Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: SE PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman22 View Post
ya i consulted lawyers and i might just sue them and its because i read about a similar post on here that had the same thing and they covered it it was also a 6mt and its because the car shouldn't over rev and even ip the pull a report which is what i want they would see that i was just driving normal!
No offense meant but if you came on here looking for support and guidance, you are doing it wrong.

Your first post still says you bought the car in august and two weeks later the engine blew - but now you are saying it blew in October. Basic facts have been mis-stated/not lined up in a few of your posts already.

Further, the car shouldn't over-rev? YOU control the revs, not the car, in a 6mt. You can force it to over-rev. And over-revving has nothing to do with how you drive "normally". It can happen within a quarter second of picking the wrong gear.

If your communication with BMW on this matter has been as poor as your communication on here thus far, that is why your treatment has been sub par.

I wish you all the best and hope there are simply some mis-understandings here.
__________________
AW/Carbonstructure 6MT 2015 M3 picked up 8/22/2014. Stripper except for adaptive suspension. Weighed at 3,450 pounds with 1/4 fuel. 70,000 miles as of February 2020.
Appreciate 7
MadZarBMR689.00
SakhirM410449.50
CanAutM313436.00
Naz241576.50
mrfox142.50

      10-29-2016, 11:52 PM   #32
gblansten
Beandoc
gblansten's Avatar
United_States
959
Rep
3,479
Posts

Drives: 2020 M5 BS/AB
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Thick ascending limb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldp View Post
Your story does not make sense. Your first post says "two weeks later after purchasing" and your later post says purchase Aug 29 and happened October 20. You say you drive 200 miles round trip each day so neither makes sense once again. 200 miles per day is 1000 per week so two weeks is 2000 miles. One of those days you claim your car was in for the 1200 mile service so you should have had a loaner and not put 200 miles on your car. If the two month story is correct than you should have had 8000 miles on your car. I don't believe the story at all.
Sadly, I believe the part where it was over revved.
Appreciate 1
SakhirM410449.50

      10-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #33
Rogue_fxdl
Private
Rogue_fxdl's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
91
Posts

Drives: waiting '17 M3 / '11 325is
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Asheville,NC

iTrader: (0)

I agree with the Porsche DME report. Computer readout will tell exactly the rpms and engine status like that of a flight "black box" recorder as a causation for engine failure.
Only they might tell you what they want to, regarding the results, unless it was over revved. Check the maintenance records if owned previously and you might have an attorney send a letter requesting such report from dealership. Just some ideas..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 11:53 PM   #34
TTG
...
TTG's Avatar
United_States
575
Rep
4,031
Posts

Drives: M340
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman22 View Post
This post's for loyal BMW fans like myself. This past August, I purchased a 2016 M3. Two weeks later I was driving down the highway, my service light came on and the car came to a complete stop. I towed it to the nearest dealership. I had complained to the dealership that I felt something was off with the vehicle I’d only driven for 2 weeks and my gut feeling was right, the engine gave out and I was left without a car.

They took the car in the next day and a week later they call me saying the car needs a WHOLE NEW ENGINE and -the best part- BMW didn’t want to cover any of it. Apparently, the car was “over reved” so they wouldn’t cover it, despite being 2 weeks old with less than 5,000 miles. I had the car towed to the dealership I bought it from, assuming I’d get better customer service, but instead I wasn’t even given a loaner car. I was thrown in circles from the case manager to the dealership and at last, they have a solution! They want to give me $5,000 towards a $40,000 repair. My warranty is 50,000 miles or 4 years….neither that I had reached.

So here’s the dilemma: I had a brand new car for 2 weeks, that brand new car has been sitting at the dealership for 2 weeks (except now they want me to pick it up because it’s taking up space and they don’t want it there) not the dealer or the corporate office have a solution, and I’m still left without a car. I had read a similar case where the owner did get his car fixed so I’m reaching out to all of you to help me out and give me advice. What next steps should I take?
Like stated above, none of this make sense.
__________________
2020 G20 M340 xDrive - Portimao Blue - ZDA|ZPP|ZPX|1CR|1PE|6NW|6WD
2016 F10 535i xDrive - AW - Retired
2011 E92 M3 - AW……………....ED April 29th, 2010 - Retired
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 12:19 AM   #35
sandwi54
Captain
sandwi54's Avatar
317
Rep
912
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: California

iTrader: (1)

I smell a huge troll who couldn't even make up a plausible story to fool us all.
__________________
2017 M3 YMB DCT (my DD)
2018 M550i Mediterranean Blue (wife's DD)
2018 Q7 Prestige (family hauler)
Appreciate 2
TRZ06594.00

      10-30-2016, 12:27 AM   #36
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Arcades's Avatar
Taiwan
2793
Rep
3,916
Posts

Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwi54 View Post
I smell a huge troll who couldn't even made up a plausible story to fool us all.
Regardless if he is telling us the whole truth or not. We aren't the one that has to pay 40k for the engine if the dealership is telling the truth. Especially a MT.
__________________
'18 Grigio Medio/Nutmeg BMW F80 M3 Competition "Stella" // '17 Mahogany Metallic/Black Porsche Macan S "Gisele"
2021 Porsche Macan GTS On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 12:29 AM   #37
Richy Rich
Colonel
Richy Rich's Avatar
United_States
3127
Rep
2,124
Posts

Drives: F80 | MKIV Supra | Aventador S
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

I mean, they obviously continuously held back that it was 6MT for so long we could all tell that it was 6MT.

Sounds like a money shift occurred, because race car.
Appreciate 6
SakhirM410449.50
golovko180.50
theriz401.50
dkhm31775.00
Arcades2793.00

      10-30-2016, 12:33 AM   #38
shoman22
New Member
4
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2016 m3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: california

iTrader: (0)

sorry i messed up it happened september not october!! i said october because thats when they called me back saying they finally dont want to cover it.! sorry that was misunderstood. and thanks for your help everyone. i am using lawyers as last option too dont want it to get too messy :/.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 12:35 AM   #39
cavin.mo
Private
cavin.mo's Avatar
Canada
35
Rep
90
Posts

Drives: 2016 F80 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman22 View Post
i bought the car august 29th and it happened oct 20th i was commuting to work everyday 200 mies roundtrip :/ i know lots to put on an m3 but it really is
dude aug 29 to oct 20 is close to 2 months not 2 weeks...
__________________
Instagram: cavin.mo
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 12:35 AM   #40
shoman22
New Member
4
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2016 m3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: california

iTrader: (0)

and ya they only offered 5k as goodwill assistance i guess thats what the dealer called it
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 01:06 AM   #41
A418t81
Major
United_States
177
Rep
1,491
Posts

Drives: GT3RS/997TT/18 Raptor
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Alabama

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2013 335is  [0.00]
Based on the amount of shadiness in these posts, I suggest you spend that lawyer retainer on getting a new motor in your car instead. An Indy will do it for much less and you can try to find a used motor. Also learn how to avoid "the money shift" in the future.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 01:10 AM   #42
DTrain
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 2017 M3 zcp 6 mt
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: WI

iTrader: (3)

Odd that you never post what dealership, your facts have changed multiple times, just not believable based on all your posts........

buying a brand new car for 70k+ and having it towed in to BMW with no loaner offered to you, no way, I don't buy it. How would they have known what happened, how would they know it was "your fault" upon arrival from the tow and justify no loaner car.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2016, 01:28 AM   #43
RocketBoots
Colonel
RocketBoots's Avatar
United_States
1663
Rep
2,078
Posts

Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

I swear, it seems like 90%+ of these kind of posts seem go exactly where this is headed. Funny that people still post these BS stories.

Sounds like a money shift; if BMW is taking such a hard line, I bet they have solid proof. Take the $5k and run. If, on the 1% chance BMW is completely at fault and you're not, then it's time to get a lawyer. Just my $0.02.
Appreciate 2
      10-30-2016, 01:48 AM   #44
Kabrich
Banned
United_States
332
Rep
1,997
Posts

Drives: '13 AH3 (335IH) 3F93 MSport
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (6)

Lemon Law. If you didn't over rev then you don't care what shows on future reports as car will be owned by BMW, not you. However as most have stated, your timeline and facts make no sense.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
blown engine, bmw, engine, f80, f82

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST