VIBE Motorsports
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-28-2019, 02:24 PM   #23
JAL0988
Major
JAL0988's Avatar
92
Rep
1,491
Posts

Drives: 2016 TB F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRear08 View Post
Iíll give you the Eventuri if you take me to the country club in your old lady color comboíd ride and teach me how to play tennis.
I'll show you my backhand. Also, it's gonna be pretty embarrassing when that old man color combo beats you at MPact....just saying haha
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 02:34 PM   #24
FatRear08
Captain
FatRear08's Avatar
781
Rep
712
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

I’ll counter your backhand with a smash and send your balls down the line. Anyway, looking forward to seeing your car. It’ll remind me of a 1986 Jaguar my sister’s piano teacher drove back in the day. Memories....
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 02:40 PM   #25
JAL0988
Major
JAL0988's Avatar
92
Rep
1,491
Posts

Drives: 2016 TB F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRear08 View Post
Iíll counter your backhand with a smash and send your balls down the line. Anyway, looking forward to seeing your car. Itíll remind me of a 1986 Jaguar my sisterís piano teacher drove back in the day. Memories....
HAHAHAHAHA you SOB touche
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 02:47 PM   #26
Gtracer
Rookie
United_States
28
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP, 2014 SL65
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Fort Lauderdale FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRear08 View Post
Iíll counter your backhand with a smash and send your balls down the line. Anyway, looking forward to seeing your car. Itíll remind me of a 1986 Jaguar my sisterís piano teacher drove back in the day. Memories....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL0988 View Post
HAHAHAHAHA you SOB touche
i want to hang out with you guys
__________________
2018 F80 ZCP DCT ALPINE WHITE-BM3
2014 SL65 Renntech R1
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 04:04 PM   #27
Justin.AutoTalent
Banned
3039
Rep
2,985
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: LA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeividF80M3 View Post
Hello neighbors, I'm here!
mod friendly neighborhood
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 09:59 PM   #28
Bloodykotex
Enlisted Member
United_States
56
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 F80 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: So. Cali

iTrader: (0)

Ayeeee , i got a used set of VSFR front mount intakes ! Bought used never installed . Gonna stick with the drop in filter and charcoal filter delete. But for sale for cheap !
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 12:32 AM   #29
Spoolin55
Second Lieutenant
Spoolin55's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
203
Posts

Drives: 19 M4CS San Marino Blue
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Sounds corny but what are you guys getting soundwise out of the BMC drop ins? I'm missing that turbo spool soundddd.
__________________
2020 X3M Competition Alpine White | 2019 M4CS San Marino Blue | 2019 i3S Tera World Fluid Black
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 01:26 AM   #30
jpy1980
Major
jpy1980's Avatar
United_States
804
Rep
1,320
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin55 View Post
Sounds corny but what are you guys getting soundwise out of the BMC drop ins? I'm missing that turbo spool soundddd.
I only hear a bit of the spool when on sport plus mode with my BMC drop ins. Itís not a significant change, but itís there. Sounds kinda like a whine. If you want the turbo spool sound, youíre gonna need open element intakes
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 01:29 AM   #31
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
12862
Rep
138,727
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
I only hear a bit of the spool when on sport plus mode with my BMC drop ins. Itís not a significant change, but itís there. Sounds kinda like a whine. If you want the turbo spool sound, youíre gonna need open element intakes
+1
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 02:45 AM   #32
Spoolin55
Second Lieutenant
Spoolin55's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
203
Posts

Drives: 19 M4CS San Marino Blue
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
+1
Im in miami so thinking about the VRSF non front facing intakes. concerned about the moisture and rain here in florida with those front facing ones...
__________________
2020 X3M Competition Alpine White | 2019 M4CS San Marino Blue | 2019 i3S Tera World Fluid Black
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 12:27 PM   #33
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
12862
Rep
138,727
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin55 View Post
Im in miami so thinking about the VRSF non front facing intakes. concerned about the moisture and rain here in florida with those front facing ones...
Its not a problem, let me know if i can help you get the intake
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2019, 11:34 PM   #34
Spoolin55
Second Lieutenant
Spoolin55's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
203
Posts

Drives: 19 M4CS San Marino Blue
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Its not a problem, let me know if i can help you get the intake
Damn Mike didn't think to do that with you. I ordered it direct from them earlier today. I didn't pull the trigger yet on the dp if I do I'll give you a shout. Will it still come drop ship from them they are not far from my place here in Florida but the drive can be a mission during the week...
__________________
2020 X3M Competition Alpine White | 2019 M4CS San Marino Blue | 2019 i3S Tera World Fluid Black
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 02:16 PM   #35
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
12862
Rep
138,727
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin55 View Post
Damn Mike didn't think to do that with you. I ordered it direct from them earlier today. I didn't pull the trigger yet on the dp if I do I'll give you a shout. Will it still come drop ship from them they are not far from my place here in Florida but the drive can be a mission during the week...
No problem congrats

If your close to them, we would ship drop ship it direct from the manufacturer for a faster delivery
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 01:44 AM   #36
MthreeComp
Private First Class
MthreeComp's Avatar
127
Rep
139
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: indianapolis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
5. Stock airbox with BMC filters/charcoal liners removed

Will make as much hp as any intake on the market.
Thanks Tom for suggesting the BMC filters over replacing the intakes, it saved me alot of money and was easy to install.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
tom @ eas4601.50

      07-19-2019, 11:24 AM   #37
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
12862
Rep
138,727
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev... View Post
Thanks Tom for suggesting the BMC filters over replacing the intakes, it saved me alot of money and was easy to install.
Congrats
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 09:48 PM   #38
jsquared
Enlisted Member
42
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Tampa, Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev... View Post
Thanks Tom for suggesting the BMC filters over replacing the intakes, it saved me alot of money and was easy to install.
Mine arrive tomorrow. Did you notice any sound difference?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 09:54 PM   #39
espho
Lieutenant
espho's Avatar
United_States
139
Rep
504
Posts

Drives: 17 f80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: philadelphia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
5. Stock airbox with BMC filters/charcoal liners removed

Will make as much hp as any intake on the market.
Bingo
__________________
-espho
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 09:59 PM   #40
MthreeComp
Private First Class
MthreeComp's Avatar
127
Rep
139
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: indianapolis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsquared View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev... View Post
Thanks Tom for suggesting the BMC filters over replacing the intakes, it saved me alot of money and was easy to install.
Mine arrive tomorrow. Did you notice any sound difference?
Yes you hear the turbo spool alil more...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2019, 11:06 PM   #41
FatRear08
Captain
FatRear08's Avatar
781
Rep
712
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL0988 View Post
I'll give you 200 bucks for the Eventuri.......

We'll do the hand-off at ACM next week

OP: Stick with the stock air boxes and delete the charcoal filters, get drop ins. Call it a day.
Just a little update on my good pal over here...after taking his own advise for approximately 3 minutes by doing drop ins with charcoal delete and calling it a day, he informed me he has bought an Eventuri...for more than 200 bucks. Heís trying to compensate for the carbon heís missing due to having a sunroof.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 03:51 PM   #42
JAL0988
Major
JAL0988's Avatar
92
Rep
1,491
Posts

Drives: 2016 TB F80 M3
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatRear08 View Post
Just a little update on my good pal over here...after taking his own advise for approximately 3 minutes by doing drop ins with charcoal delete and calling it a day, he informed me he has bought an Eventuri...for more than 200 bucks. Heís trying to compensate for the carbon heís missing due to having a sunroof.
I got a good deal, alright?!?!?!

If anyone wants to see a crying, bald, jacked guy on the side of the track, just come to MPact next weekend where he'll learn the hard way that no matter how much he saved in weight with his carbon roof....he still won't be faster than a DCT car with the same mods....not to mention all that "downforce" from your lip and spoiler may hurt you.....
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 04:00 PM   #43
nbennettksu
Colonel
1248
Rep
2,987
Posts

Drives: DV F80
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fort Lauderdale

iTrader: (1)

the one that looks the prettiest, because thats all its good for.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBasham View Post
Caddy ATS . . . finally, a decent rental car option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #44
FatRear08
Captain
FatRear08's Avatar
781
Rep
712
Posts

Drives: 2018 M5
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL0988 View Post
I got a good deal, alright?!?!?!

If anyone wants to see a crying, bald, jacked guy on the side of the track, just come to MPact next weekend where he'll learn the hard way that no matter how much he saved in weight with his carbon roof....he still won't be faster than a DCT car with the same mods....not to mention all that "downforce" from your lip and spoiler may hurt you.....
Iím already crying because I feel bad for you...if you wanted a Bentley-esque interior and an automatic, why not one of those new Lincolnís? The old ladies youíre hanging with at the swim club on the weekends wouldíve been more impressed and comfortable when youíre taking them to the beauty parlor. Anyway...make sure u clean them filters.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:53 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST