Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-25-2020, 12:30 AM   #1
m4h2o
Private First Class
87
Rep
151
Posts

Drives: 16 M4
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Just curious the age of m3/m4 owners. I'm 43 and this car makes me feel like I'm in my 20s. In a good way! I've always wanted an M3 growing up. (Coupe)
Now that the M4 is the coupe, my dream came true 3 weeks ago. I've had numerous mustangs, 87, 89, 93, 04, 13... and although mustangs have a special place in my heart this M4 is the best car I've owned.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 12:53 AM   #2
Rawimage
Enlisted Member
5
Rep
30
Posts

Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norwalk

iTrader: (0)

Just turned 23. Car is currently getting a VTT spline lock installed.
Appreciate 1
      09-25-2020, 01:25 AM   #3
Pinoyf80
Private
Pinoyf80's Avatar
Philippines
37
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: SO F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Nor Cal

iTrader: (1)

Just turned 21 last week.. had my f80 for about 2 years now. What a blessing to be driving this beast
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 01:34 AM   #4
mystermykee
Private
31
Rep
75
Posts

Drives: '18 M4
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4h2o View Post
Just curious the age of m3/m4 owners. I'm 43 and this car makes me feel like I'm in my 20s.
Trying to figure out if you're saying that's a good or bad thing.

35 here. The F8x platform is getting cheaper and more readily available to idiots. Been a few times where I've thought I need to get into a GT3...quickly.
Appreciate 5
bsmf8x349.00
YKIGI135.00
chenry1311.50
Yeosh3.00

      09-25-2020, 01:48 AM   #5
MisterF80M3
Captain
MisterF80M3's Avatar
582
Rep
829
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: CA

iTrader: (4)

31 bought it brand new at 28.

I noticed these past year or two, there has been a lot of ratchet stuff going on on the S55 platform.
__________________
2018 BMW F80 ///M3
Appreciate 3
9M71922.00
c0nrad68.50
Mazen189110.00

      09-25-2020, 01:56 AM   #6
Keca10
First Lieutenant
Keca10's Avatar
United_States
220
Rep
339
Posts

Drives: ‘18 M3 ZCP / '20 X3 M40i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (1)

37. Iíve had M cars since I was 25 (starting with E46 ZCP).
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 03:05 AM   #7
Mracer88
Private
12
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: 98.5' E36/M3 15' F80/M3/6SPD
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Roseville, California

iTrader: (0)

Bought it for my self as a 31st Birthday gift. 4/20/18 purchase date.
Owned 5 total M3s, 4 e36's, 1 F80, also had 99 323i sport pack, 2001 330I sport pack, 07 328I sport pack, 2014 328i, also sport package.
The last 2, 3 series were for my ex gf who now has to drive a ford escape.. sucks for her..
My top 3 brands, BMW, Porsche, and lexus. after the F80 100% getting a 911 gt3 or turbo for hopefully my 35th birthday.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 04:18 AM   #8
deemack79
Private First Class
146
Rep
158
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (1)

Almost 42 and owned the M for just about a year. Coming a from a life long Honda owner(and still own 2 accords, 1 civic and a 600RR) it's a big change, but a welcomed change. I agree on the ratchet comment, I live on LI and the amount of young ppl that own these cars is amazing. The burble nonsense is enough to make you want to puke. A Porsche would be a nice upgrade, especially with a manual. But, my kids are young and we're always doing road trips so a sedan makes the most sense.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 06:26 AM   #9
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
RickFLM4's Avatar
United_States
5464
Rep
4,181
Posts

Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: PB County, FL

iTrader: (0)

52 for about 4 more months.
__________________
Current: 2018 SO/SS F83 ZCP
Gone: 2015 SO/SO F82
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 07:41 AM   #10
tebbnsx
Captain
656
Rep
747
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Central Arkansas

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
45 years here boys.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 08:20 AM   #11
spuntyb
Brigadier General
spuntyb's Avatar
United_States
1968
Rep
3,529
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

44
__________________
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)

2018 F80 ZCP
2018 Macan GTS
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 08:35 AM   #12
Slowphiveo
First Lieutenant
Slowphiveo's Avatar
United_States
470
Rep
344
Posts

Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition
Join Date: May 2018
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

45
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 08:55 AM   #13
EricVR4
First Lieutenant
EricVR4's Avatar
United_States
361
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP MPE
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

35
__________________
2018 M3 ZCP MPE - Current | 2017 340i MPPSK BM3 - Sold | 2014 328i - Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 08:57 AM   #14
Tommy L Garage
Lieutenant Colonel
2235
Rep
1,928
Posts

Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Woodbridge, NJ

iTrader: (1)

36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystermykee View Post
Trying to figure out if you're saying that's a good or bad thing.

35 here. The F8x platform is getting cheaper and more readily available to idiots. Been a few times where I've thought I need to get into a GT3...quickly.
GT3 will be disappointing coming from an f80.
Little torque down low and you have to rev it up a lot to get power out of it. Handles amazing.
991.2 Carrera S is a better bet for daily driving

I drove both and the conclusion surprised me actually


Any young peeps wanna buy my car?
Appreciate 1
UNivek30.50

      09-25-2020, 09:03 AM   #15
RoundelM3
Major General
RoundelM3's Avatar
United_States
1309
Rep
6,481
Posts

Drives: 15 M3 Sedan, 16 228i Cabrio
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Leland, NC

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2016 BMW 228i  [3.00]
72
__________________

2015 F80 ///M3 Sedan 7DCT Tanzanite, 2016 228i M-Sport Cabrio 8AT Melbourne
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #16
llvsixaxisvll
Private First Class
United_States
54
Rep
106
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M4 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

26, have had my F82 since 24.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:15 AM   #17
B Watts
Private First Class
72
Rep
139
Posts

Drives: BMW M3
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

31, was fortunate enough to buy the car outright 3 months ago.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:16 AM   #18
CT_M3
Private First Class
226
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
36



GT3 will be disappointing coming from an f80.
Little torque down low and you have to rev it up a lot to get power out of it. Handles amazing.
991.2 Carrera S is a better bet for daily driving

I drove both and the conclusion surprised me actually


Any young peeps wanna buy my car?
I did test drive the 991.1 Carerra S. Nice car but the F80 is just so direct in its application of power. Youíre right, I think the next car for me (whenever that is) is a 991.2 or 992.1.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #19
zuschnell
Lieutenant
zuschnell's Avatar
345
Rep
567
Posts

Drives: '19 m5, '18 991.2 gt3,
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
36

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystermykee View Post
Trying to figure out if you're saying that's a good or bad thing.

35 here. The F8x platform is getting cheaper and more readily available to idiots. Been a few times where I've thought I need to get into a GT3...quickly.
GT3 will be disappointing coming from an f80.
Little torque down low and you have to rev it up a lot to get power out of it. Handles amazing.
991.2 Carrera S is a better bet for daily driving

I drove both and the conclusion surprised me actually


Any young peeps wanna buy my car?
Sorry. Respectfully completely disagree with your assessment. Plenty of power in the gt3. And it actually is able to put the power down with losing its ass all the time. I have an 18 gt3 manual and have had an f80 before as well as a current f90. Gt3 is a special driving experience every time you hop in. Nothing bmw makes makes you feel like driving is an event like the gt3 does. Oh ya, I'm 43!
__________________
Gone but not forgotten: '10 X5M, '14 550ix, '17 M3, '11 M3, '17 X5M

Current: DD - '19 F90 M5 Comp, Track - '18 991.2 GT3, Wife's family truckster - '17 Volvo XC90 T8
Appreciate 4
bsmf8x349.00
Fahrt601.00

      09-25-2020, 09:19 AM   #20
CT_M3
Private First Class
226
Rep
165
Posts

Drives: F80 M3 DCT Competition
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuschnell View Post
Sorry. Respectfully completely disagree with your assessment. Plenty of power in the gt3. And it actually is able to put the power down with losing its ass all the time. I have an 18 gt3 manual and have had an f80 before as well as a current f90. Gt3 is a special driving experience every time you hop in. Nothing bmw makes makes you feel like driving is an event like the gt3 does. Oh ya, I'm 43!
Donít disagree but for a DD, the F80 is much more liveable and useable.
Appreciate 1
zuschnell344.50

      09-25-2020, 09:22 AM   #21
White340
Major
694
Rep
1,117
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Between 35-40.

Why not turn this into a poll?
__________________
2018 M3 Competition : AW/SO
2016 340i xDrive : AW/CR (previous)
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2020, 09:31 AM   #22
Jbonly21
First Lieutenant
Jbonly21's Avatar
212
Rep
311
Posts

Drives: Bmw 15 F80, 2011 X5 35i, E39
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

37, first M car.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST