ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2020, 02:15 AM   #1
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
MFNATIK's Avatar
United_States
2095
Rep
3,307
Posts

Drives: 17 F80 ZCP, 05 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Anyone else get banned from the G8X section for making fun of its looks?

Found out today that I guess the mods won't let me post in the G8X section anymore. No just cause was provided but I'm guessing I've been outspoken about the grilles and other incoherent designs themes. Just curious if others have gotten the ban too?
__________________
2017 M3 - Laguna Seca Blue ZCP with CS stuff
2005 M3 Vert - Imola Red - The weekend car
2020 Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance - The sub 3 second car
Appreciate 10
      09-26-2020, 02:44 AM   #2
Arcades
Lup's Kid
Arcades's Avatar
Taiwan
2829
Rep
3,929
Posts

Drives: 18' Grigio Medio F80
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
I'm pretty sure the mods will peek in here but its pretty obvious they are. I pretty much avoided posting there because... I don't have any positives about the car I would want to even talk about. I have no real reason to look there or even contribute.

I know GrussGott got banned for memeing.

Look... those of us who have been with BMW since the E46 days (or a young middle school kid me who grew up idolizing the E46 M3) would not really ever like the G8x. This car is soo far off of left field from BMW I cannot personally forgive BMW for even thinking this was the right decision. Think the mods are just a bit... tired of seeing the same thing. It isn't really BMW telling them to do it, least I do not think so.

BMW should know very well by now a good majority of us do not like the car. They can sugar coat it, ignore it all they want but it won't make the criticism go away. I have said my peace regarding the G8x.
__________________
'18 Grigio Medio/Nutmeg BMW F80 M3 Competition "Stella" // '17 Mahogany Metallic/Black Porsche Macan S "Gisele"
2021 Porsche Macan GTS On Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
You're making babies for me!
Appreciate 28
MFNATIK2095.00
GrussGott11232.00
Fahrt601.00
DDD311156.50
minn197585.00
jpy1980803.50
Kilabyte1493.00
sabrina169.00
c4ss27.00
F32Fleet2335.00
Vivek.118.00
Germanauto5368.50
Yeosh3.00
paliknight2101.00
BRCHP461.00
Dang3r4687.00
David0ff993.00
Bunnny38.00

      09-26-2020, 05:10 AM   #3
GrussGott
Major General
GrussGott's Avatar
United_States
11232
Rep
8,917
Posts

Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Newport Beach

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Found out today that I guess the mods won't let me post in the G8X section anymore. No just cause was provided but I'm guessing I've been outspoken about the grilles and other incoherent designs themes. Just curious if others have gotten the ban too?
Yup, I was banned after two posts! I guess it's because I'm a man of action

Anyway, I would hope here we can be more open and honest with productive dissent of the G8x (mods please tell us if not) - at least I've posted way more don't-like-it posts elsewhere with no problems, but I more/less understand why: they don't want to crap up the G8x sub-forum with hater-posts and there's a lot of us with a lot of passion. That's fair, i just wish they'd make it more obvious there are no dissenters allowed there. I don't mind either because the forum was just aggravating me anyway so it's all cool.

But yeah, I'm really bummed about the G8x as I"ve been a huge M3 fan since the E30 and had every one except the E30 ... and now the G8x. I think BMW has really jumped the shark with the design, however there are people who legit like it so maybe it's one of those we're-all-old-now things or maybe just no longer have personality types in the target market. Why not make the M4 "bold" and M3 normal ... seems like they're taking a big risk doing both; I wish we all knew why... as in, what data is BMW seeing that's telling them this design will sell more than a "less bold" design? That would be a productive forum topic ...

Anyway, I really hope the LCI gets rid of the grille and other "boldness", but I highly doubt that'll happen ... though if it does, I'll get one immediately just out of principle.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I thought the next M4 was going to be a flying car powered by bloomin' onions and a teaspoon of mayonnaise. At least that's what I read on the internet @ BimmerPoop.org.

Last edited by GrussGott; 09-26-2020 at 05:25 AM..
Appreciate 15
Fahrt601.00
MFNATIK2095.00
DDD311156.50
minn197585.00
RickFLM45464.00
jpy1980803.50
k-lo34.50
zamboni714.00
Dang3r4687.00
Arcades2829.00

      09-26-2020, 06:14 AM   #4
NSX2M4
Second Lieutenant
227
Rep
265
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4 competition
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: FTL, FL

iTrader: (0)

They did the same thing on NSXPRIME. They had to make a private section for the NC1 owners and would only let actual owners join because the car was just getting such a bad rap. Add to that, the car started doing weird shit and breaking down a lot. It wouldn't surprise me if they decide to go this route as well. I'm sure it will look better in person, but I sure AF aint buying one.
Appreciate 2
Fahrt601.00
MFNATIK2095.00

      09-26-2020, 06:51 AM   #5
1stockf80
Private
75
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: 2017 f80
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: commack ny

iTrader: (0)

Yea. My boy username :evoix was banned from g80 and banned from here for two months.

All he said was he didnít like the grill and the bmw police attacked him These admins probably work for bmw and only want the people who like the car to convince others to buy the disliked design.

All his posts were deleted and they emailed him negative comments about owning an EVO to prove that saying negative things about THE G80 is hurtful and offensive to others.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by 1stockf80; 09-26-2020 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 3
Fahrt601.00
MFNATIK2095.00
k-lo34.50

      09-26-2020, 07:06 AM   #6
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
4313
Rep
4,199
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Yup. I think I was one of the 1st banned months ago. Long time BMW fan here but just can't stomach the atrocity. The grille, no DCT, Fat and horrible.

They said I was trolling. So if you dislike something your a troll in Bimmerpost speak.

This forum seems to be a censored space owned by BMW marketing at this juncture. Sad as It used to be a great place.

My time here is almost up. ED is cancelled and the new cars suck. Only the new M2 could possibly keep me around but it's gonna be made in Mexico with no ED.

Big time :

Edit: I'm also banned from the X3 forum and we have one for baby duty. I was critical of the "///M" SUVs saying they weren't real ///Ms. So banned.

Sorry not real
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 14
      09-26-2020, 07:10 AM   #7
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
4313
Rep
4,199
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
I'm pretty sure the mods will peek in here but its pretty obvious they are. I pretty much avoided posting there because... I don't have any positives about the car I would want to even talk about. I have no real reason to look there or even contribute.

I know GrussGott got banned for memeing.

Look... those of us who have been with BMW since the E46 days (or a young middle school kid me who grew up idolizing the E46 M3) would not really ever like the G8x. This car is soo far off of left field from BMW I cannot personally forgive BMW for even thinking this was the right decision. Think the mods are just a bit... tired of seeing the same thing. It isn't really BMW telling them to do it, least I do not think so.

BMW should know very well by now a good majority of us do not like the car. They can sugar coat it, ignore it all they want but it won't make the criticism go away. I have said my peace regarding the G8x.
I enjoy a good train wreck so I go and laugh at all the comments.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 2
Fahrt601.00
MFNATIK2095.00

      09-26-2020, 08:24 AM   #8
M3Fahrer
First Lieutenant
M3Fahrer's Avatar
227
Rep
327
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3 CS
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: South FL

iTrader: (0)

Not yet
__________________
Current: 2018 ///M3 CS - Alpinweiss
Previous: 2015 ///M3 - Alpinweiss - Euro Delivery
Appreciate 1
Fahrt601.00

      09-26-2020, 08:28 AM   #9
9M71
Captain
924
Rep
935
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

first they get rid of the politics section then they start banning in the buck tooth section. smh
Appreciate 8
Fahrt601.00
MFNATIK2095.00
PhatLyfe723.50
blaccm3202.50

      09-26-2020, 08:29 AM   #10
velvet_F82
Individual Enthusiast
velvet_F82's Avatar
No_Country
1197
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: S4

iTrader: (0)

Yup, I'm banned from the G8x forums. No permission to view or post.

I wonder how big the BMW payout was in acquiring BimmerPo$t as an extension of BMW marketing.

Might as well rename the site DukecGrillePost. Jason
__________________
2020 BMW M4 Competition
Edition ///M Heritage
Individual Velvet Blue Metallic
6MT, H&R VTF Kit, 15mm Spacers F/R
Appreciate 7
Fahrt601.00
MFNATIK2095.00
DDD311156.50
minn197585.00
stein_325i7751.50

      09-26-2020, 09:04 AM   #11
1stockf80
Private
75
Rep
93
Posts

Drives: 2017 f80
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: commack ny

iTrader: (0)

This thread will be shut down soon. So If I get banned, take care of yourselves and I’ll talk to you guys in a few months Lmaoo

Will be joining an AMG forum soon when my car goes back
Appreciate 11
Fahrt601.00
MFNATIK2095.00
velvet_F821196.50
DDD311156.50
9M71923.50
GrussGott11232.00
stein_325i7751.50

      09-26-2020, 09:06 AM   #12
Fahrt
Christmas Poo
Fahrt's Avatar
United_States
601
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North East

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Yup, I was banned after two posts! I guess it's because I'm a man of action

Anyway, I would hope here we can be more open and honest with productive dissent of the G8x (mods please tell us if not) - at least I've posted way more don't-like-it posts elsewhere with no problems, but I more/less understand why: they don't want to crap up the G8x sub-forum with hater-posts and there's a lot of us with a lot of passion. That's fair, i just wish they'd make it more obvious there are no dissenters allowed there. I don't mind either because the forum was just aggravating me anyway so it's all cool.

But yeah, I'm really bummed about the G8x as I"ve been a huge M3 fan since the E30 and had every one except the E30 ... and now the G8x. I think BMW has really jumped the shark with the design, however there are people who legit like it so maybe it's one of those we're-all-old-now things or maybe just no longer have personality types in the target market. Why not make the M4 "bold" and M3 normal ... seems like they're taking a big risk doing both; I wish we all knew why... as in, what data is BMW seeing that's telling them this design will sell more than a "less bold" design? That would be a productive forum topic ...

Anyway, I really hope the LCI gets rid of the grille and other "boldness", but I highly doubt that'll happen ... though if it does, I'll get one immediately just out of principle.
Guys, I appreciated you all so when this gets deleted at least we have that maybe?...I'm with you all. Wish I took screenshots but the "will you upgrade" thread in the G80/82 section was about 75% no and various comments ranging from the grille rants to innocuous comments about the weight...etc. saying nothing about the grilles. The following day EVERY SINGLE comment that had even the hint of not liking something about the car was deleted....all that is left are the raving reviews, and "definitely goin' to upgrade *like* get me this b*tch a$$ car now BMW!!! #notaste #paidmarketinggrouptopostpositivereviews #deltadental"

This is so like middle school....stick your heads in the sand BMW....or maybe the front of that thing....maybe they will make an optional "M-performance bag" to cover....banned!

Its so over the top seems Jared Kushner is running Bimmerpost now as well....oh snap I just posted that outside the politics section....huh? no politics section?....see you in a couple months boys after my ban...
__________________
Reads...no...DRIVEs the Effin' Manuals: MX5, GT3T, F80


Last edited by Fahrt; 09-26-2020 at 09:16 AM..
Appreciate 10
MFNATIK2095.00
DDD311156.50
minn197585.00
RickFLM45464.00
stein_325i7751.50
Yeosh3.00
paliknight2101.00

      09-26-2020, 09:19 AM   #13
f80er
Lieutenant Colonel
f80er's Avatar
1774
Rep
1,962
Posts

Drives: An M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

Does BMW own BIMMERPOST?? Would make sense with all that is going on.
Appreciate 8
      09-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #14
Fahrt
Christmas Poo
Fahrt's Avatar
United_States
601
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North East

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Does BMW own BIMMERPOST?? Would make sense with all that is going on.
I always thought they did. Doesn't Jason work for them? he's like the press secretary...not like some random dude out of interest posts the month to month BMW group sales data....
__________________
Reads...no...DRIVEs the Effin' Manuals: MX5, GT3T, F80

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 09:23 AM   #15
f80er
Lieutenant Colonel
f80er's Avatar
1774
Rep
1,962
Posts

Drives: An M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhk118 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
Does BMW own BIMMERPOST?? Would make sense with all that is going on.
I always thought they did. Doesn't Jason work for them, he's like the press secretary...
If I had to guess I would say yes. The dude does seem to post a lot of press related shit. Meaning BMW marketing material. Pull back the curtain bimmerpost and show us whose pulling these strings.
Appreciate 8
Fahrt601.00
MFNATIK2095.00
DDD311156.50
alex23641265.00
Germanauto5368.50

      09-26-2020, 09:26 AM   #16
Fahrt
Christmas Poo
Fahrt's Avatar
United_States
601
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North East

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f80er View Post
If I had to guess I would say yes. The dude does seem to post a lot of press related shit. Meaning BMW marketing material. Pull back the curtain bimmerpost and show us whose pulling these strings.
Used to be about the cars. Now its about controlling the message....fascism next I think? Is it too soon?

Honestly I'm just disappointed at the entire thing....maybe BMW and I "need some space for a while," but perfectly happy with my F80 forever.
__________________
Reads...no...DRIVEs the Effin' Manuals: MX5, GT3T, F80


Last edited by Fahrt; 09-26-2020 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 5
MFNATIK2095.00
DDD311156.50
alex23641265.00
White340695.00

      09-26-2020, 09:26 AM   #17
velvet_F82
Individual Enthusiast
velvet_F82's Avatar
No_Country
1197
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: S4

iTrader: (0)

#BeaverPost
__________________
2020 BMW M4 Competition
Edition ///M Heritage
Individual Velvet Blue Metallic
6MT, H&R VTF Kit, 15mm Spacers F/R
Appreciate 8
Fahrt601.00
MFNATIK2095.00
minn197585.00
PhatLyfe723.50
stein_325i7751.50
White340695.00

      09-26-2020, 09:27 AM   #18
FlyingLow78
Captain
Italy
564
Rep
851
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: <3 hours from 8 racetracks

iTrader: (2)

It does appear the majority of the dissenters have gone quiet for one reason or another. While Iím not banned, I donít like the look of the new model - at all - and therefore donít have a need to visit the G80 forums. Itís turning into a bit of a circle jerk, but to each his/her own. Like it or not, this is what BMW wants to sell us.
Appreciate 7
Fahrt601.00
MFNATIK2095.00
minn197585.00
GrussGott11232.00
stein_325i7751.50

      09-26-2020, 09:28 AM   #19
Fahrt
Christmas Poo
Fahrt's Avatar
United_States
601
Rep
934
Posts

Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North East

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet_F82 View Post
#BeaverPost
#waxURbeavereverymonth
__________________
Reads...no...DRIVEs the Effin' Manuals: MX5, GT3T, F80

Appreciate 2
      09-26-2020, 09:55 AM   #20
CanAutM3
General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
13659
Rep
18,020
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
I guess it depends how messages are being posted. I try to be as factual as possible with my posts, giving praise to the G8X where deserves it and critical about the points I dislike. I avoid just putting blunt negatives without explanation and justifications. I haven't been banned so far, but it might come...
__________________
///M4cs 2019 F82 Lime Rock Grey
MPE / CF Mirror caps / MP-HAS / GC Camber plates
Appreciate 9
MFNATIK2095.00
minn197585.00
Fahrt601.00
GERMAN M32151.00
IB M1691.00
SakhirM410454.00

      09-26-2020, 09:58 AM   #21
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
MFNATIK's Avatar
United_States
2095
Rep
3,307
Posts

Drives: 17 F80 ZCP, 05 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Wow, seeing a lot of old "faces" in here. Many of you I recognize from at least 2014 when I first joined Bimmerpost when I was so excited about the new design. Those were the good old days here when we all were so hyped about getting our F8Xs and posting our Euro Deliveries. Times sure have changed for the worst globally and here in the US. The G8X is quite apropos IMO for these strange times. It's been a pleasure hanging in here.

BTW, I did hear from a friend and another stranger I met on these these forums is that F80 prices seem to be pretty stable if not stregnthening in the used market with individual cars commanding strong premiums as well. Not sure if this is a reaction to the G8X but it does seem strange since we are in a recession and pandemic. Possibly a good sign for those of us who are keeping our cars long term.
__________________
2017 M3 - Laguna Seca Blue ZCP with CS stuff
2005 M3 Vert - Imola Red - The weekend car
2020 Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance - The sub 3 second car
Appreciate 8
velvet_F821196.50
CanAutM313659.00
minn197585.00
Fahrt601.00
GrussGott11232.00
Thescout133497.50

      09-26-2020, 10:05 AM   #22
MFNATIK
Blocked from G80/G82 for having an opinion
MFNATIK's Avatar
United_States
2095
Rep
3,307
Posts

Drives: 17 F80 ZCP, 05 M3C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I guess it depends how messages are being posted. I try to be as factual as possible with my posts, giving praise to the G8X where deserves it and critical about the points I dislike. I avoid just putting blunt negatives without explanation and justifications. I haven't been banned so far, but it might come...
Haha well you've been a bit more kind than I have been about the grille and body lines. The real irony was I was going to say the all black G80 that was on the front page actually looked alright bc the color hid a lot of the incoherent design cues. Yes, a backhanded compliment, but geezus, it's the truth. This is why they shouldn't ban people. What if I was starting to come around? Not.
__________________
2017 M3 - Laguna Seca Blue ZCP with CS stuff
2005 M3 Vert - Imola Red - The weekend car
2020 Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance - The sub 3 second car
Appreciate 4
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST