EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-26-2020, 10:42 PM   #67
jpy1980
Major
jpy1980's Avatar
United_States
804
Rep
1,320
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Man, I'm looking through the other online reviews of the g8x gen and I just can't get a good angle of the car. It looks weirder and weirder the more I look at it. Honestly, I thought the rear of the car was its saving grace, but upon inspection, it still looks off.

I mean, look at the attached screenshots I took.

Am I just not cool enough to appreciate the design language? (DONT ANSWER! haha)
Attached Images
     
Appreciate 2
minn197582.00
GrussGott11229.00

      09-26-2020, 10:44 PM   #68
kerkiraios00
Major
kerkiraios00's Avatar
United_States
200
Rep
1,317
Posts

Drives: '11 Jerez E90 M3
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Queens, New York

iTrader: (0)

Wow really? That's hilarious
__________________
2018 F80 M3 ZCP Mineral White- Extended Shakir Orange - Full Suntek Ultra Wrapped - ///M Performance Spoiler - RKP Front Lip - RKP Side Skirts - Vorsteiner GTS Diffuser -AA Mid-Pipe-///M performance HAS kit - HRE P101


11 E90 M3 JEREZ BLK METALLIC ZCP SOLD
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 12:20 AM   #69
Sassicaia
Brigadier General
Sassicaia's Avatar
Canada
3933
Rep
3,225
Posts

Drives: SMB F80 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

It looks worse every time I see it
Appreciate 4
PhatLyfe723.50
minn197582.00
GrussGott11229.00

      09-27-2020, 01:03 AM   #70
PhatLyfe
Captain
PhatLyfe's Avatar
United_States
724
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Somerset County

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
It looks worse every time I see it
that also could be the Vomit yellow paint scheme too.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 01:32 AM   #71
FlyingLow78
Captain
Italy
564
Rep
851
Posts

Drives: 2018 M3
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: <3 hours from 8 racetracks

iTrader: (2)

The rear looks the most strange to me when viewed from the side or directly behind. From the side, the bumper panel projects rearward so that the car looks like itís trying to **** part of itself. From directly behind, the styling lines from a distinct sharp rectangle that contrasts noticeably with the rest of the curves.

And yeah, the color isnít doing it any favors. Despite the love that IOMG is getting, I feel as though the color palette is really limited. I felt this way about the F8X as well, and itís a shame you have to opt for individual paint to get a more varied palette.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 01:49 AM   #72
oduli81
Second Lieutenant
316
Rep
234
Posts

Drives: 2018 BMW M3
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Bronx, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 M4  [0.00]
all i did was post a photo of my m4 and the new m4, and simply asked .. forget it, scared to say it in here , before I got banned lol..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 05:07 AM   #73
ByeFelicia
Captain
ByeFelicia's Avatar
286
Rep
696
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: .

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
The one thing that drove me crazy, and away from that forum, was one member who was very active in this forum that started to become an over-the-top cheerleader for the new grill. I finally just blocked him because I got tired of his sycophantic sucking up to the G80. I'm pretty sure that most people here will know who I'm talking about. I even posted that I had blocked him and why.

The one recent post that I did make there was in a thread where people were posting links to video reviews of the G80. One video was by Schmee. I posted "Not Schmee! Anyone but Schmee!" Apparently criticism of Schmee is OK and that post got 14 likes!

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=13
SedanClan Lol. 20K posts or something ridiculous. How someone can spend so much time on a car forum typing away is beyond me.

Doubt that dude has put in an order, just upping his post count polishing that turd.

Schmee is unbearable too.

You and I are on the same level of thinking here lol
Appreciate 3
stein_325i7745.50
SD ///M42616.00
MFNATIK2095.00

      09-27-2020, 05:54 AM   #74
Jockey
Brigadier General
Jockey's Avatar
United_States
2566
Rep
4,685
Posts

Drives: F80 SS/SS M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Park City, UT

iTrader: (1)

I've been banned from those forums since July
Appreciate 3
minn197582.00
GrussGott11229.00

      09-27-2020, 06:41 AM   #75
Tecnniqe
Act On Instinct
Tecnniqe's Avatar
No_Country
192
Rep
172
Posts

Drives: M4 ZCP
Join Date: May 2020
Location: Cookie in your browser

iTrader: (0)

It looks worse without a front license plate ay
Appreciate 1
doug_9991863.50

      09-27-2020, 07:51 AM   #76
R N M
Captain
R N M's Avatar
1197
Rep
982
Posts

Drives: F80 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
The M3 rear looks decent with the CS type lip spoiler, rear diffuser and large exhaust tips. I also like the wheels and side skirt design.
The front is hideous with no redeeming quality. Grill, hood, fake vents etc.

M4 on the other hand is complete disaster and even rear is hideous with Lexus tailights.

Besides poor styling - performance/weight, lack of DCT, Lack of CF strut bar etc - its just not that big of a leap from F8x cars in RWD form. The only cool feature are the Sport seats.

Last edited by R N M; 09-27-2020 at 07:59 AM..
Appreciate 2
      09-27-2020, 08:15 AM   #77
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
4313
Rep
4,199
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R N M View Post
The M3 rear looks decent with the CS type lip spoiler, rear diffuser and large exhaust tips. I also like the wheels and side skirt design.
The front is hideous with no redeeming quality. Grill, hood, fake vents etc.

M4 on the other hand is complete disaster and even rear is hideous with Lexus tailights.

Besides poor styling - performance/weight, lack of DCT, Lack of CF strut bar etc - its just not that big of a leap from F8x cars in RWD form. The only cool feature are the Sport seats.
Yup. The thing is a total abomination. I keep showing my wife pics and she wants to vomit.

The interior is about the only thing I can get behind. All the G series rear ends look like a Lexus to me.

True Story. When I was finalizing my 2nd F82 a year and a half ago at the dealership we pulled in and parked next to what I thought I was a white Lexus. I got out and was flabbergasted that the "Lexus" was in fact a new BMW 3er. Not good.

These cars are not for us anymore fellas. Not sure who they are for but definitely not us.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 3
CanAutM313659.00
minn197582.00

      09-27-2020, 08:30 AM   #78
CanAutM3
General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
13659
Rep
18,020
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Man, I'm looking through the other online reviews of the g8x gen and I just can't get a good angle of the car. It looks weirder and weirder the more I look at it. Honestly, I thought the rear of the car was its saving grace, but upon inspection, it still looks off.

I mean, look at the attached screenshots I took.

Am I just not cool enough to appreciate the design language? (DONT ANSWER! haha)
Fish eye lenses distort reality. It will look better in real life, but still not my cup of tea.
__________________
///M4cs 2019 F82 Lime Rock Grey
MPE / CF Mirror caps / MP-HAS / GC Camber plates

Last edited by CanAutM3; 09-27-2020 at 08:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 08:39 AM   #79
velvet_F82
Individual Enthusiast
velvet_F82's Avatar
No_Country
1197
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: S4

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Man, I'm looking through the other online reviews of the g8x gen and I just can't get a good angle of the car. It looks weirder and weirder the more I look at it. Honestly, I thought the rear of the car was its saving grace, but upon inspection, it still looks off.

I mean, look at the attached screenshots I took.

Am I just not cool enough to appreciate the design language? (DONT ANSWER! haha)
Why is that rear roundel so huge? Appealing to badge-customers since the design has nothing to do with BMW anymore?
__________________
2020 BMW M4 Competition
Edition ///M Heritage
Individual Velvet Blue Metallic
6MT, H&R VTF Kit, 15mm Spacers F/R
Appreciate 1
minn197582.00

      09-27-2020, 09:00 AM   #80
CanAutM3
General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
13659
Rep
18,020
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet_F82 View Post
Why is that rear roundel so huge? Appealing to badge-customers since the design has nothing to do with BMW anymore?
Exactly, because it's the only way to tell it's a BMW from the rear .
__________________
///M4cs 2019 F82 Lime Rock Grey
MPE / CF Mirror caps / MP-HAS / GC Camber plates
Appreciate 4
velvet_F821196.50
minn197582.00
GrussGott11229.00

      09-27-2020, 09:19 AM   #81
coldsteelrain
@JRZF80
United_States
465
Rep
568
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: May 2018
Location: NJ

iTrader: (3)

This is a joke so take it as such

I went to my nutritionist and asked what's the best and quickest way to loose like 20 lbs within the next week or two.
She said she just received this new weight loss solution and hands me a folder.
She said that after each meal I eat and it doesn't matter what it is I should just look in the folder and get ready to loose all the weight I want.
So after my first big meal the next day I open up the folder and see what's inside.
Pictures of the new G80 front, the G82 rear close ups and then the fake vents I couldn't take it anymore and proceeded to vomit.
I tell you guys I lost 10lbs in the last few day using the folder with these pictures after each meal.

I am already banned so why not
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #82
velvet_F82
Individual Enthusiast
velvet_F82's Avatar
No_Country
1197
Rep
409
Posts

Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage Edition 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: S4

iTrader: (0)

All they had to do was this
Attached Images
 
__________________
2020 BMW M4 Competition
Edition ///M Heritage
Individual Velvet Blue Metallic
6MT, H&R VTF Kit, 15mm Spacers F/R
Appreciate 12
Jockey2566.00
alex23641265.00
Poochie5724.50
CanAutM313659.00
ntg441959.00
SD ///M42616.00
Germanauto5368.50
Cangel4.50

      09-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #83
kss
Second Lieutenant
156
Rep
299
Posts

Drives: 2017 AY F80 ZCP
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Yup. The thing is a total abomination. I keep showing my wife pics and she wants to vomit.

The interior is about the only thing I can get behind. All the G series rear ends look like a Lexus to me.

True Story. When I was finalizing my 2nd F82 a year and a half ago at the dealership we pulled in and parked next to what I thought I was a white Lexus. I got out and was flabbergasted that the "Lexus" was in fact a new BMW 3er. Not good.

These cars are not for us anymore fellas. Not sure who they are for but definitely not us.
Donít insult a Lexus! I could have gotten behind a Sc500 type grill. But the grill and the hood with ugly two indents - what are they supposed to be anyways??
Appreciate 1
      09-27-2020, 11:03 AM   #84
CanAutM3
General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
13659
Rep
18,020
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet_F82 View Post
All they had to do was this
Nope. All they had to do was shave ~300lb and keep the DCT.

But I've got to say, your render looks very good indeed
__________________
///M4cs 2019 F82 Lime Rock Grey
MPE / CF Mirror caps / MP-HAS / GC Camber plates

Last edited by CanAutM3; 09-27-2020 at 02:50 PM..
Appreciate 4
GrussGott11229.00
SD ///M42616.00
pbar626.00

      09-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #85
f80er
Lieutenant Colonel
f80er's Avatar
1774
Rep
1,962
Posts

Drives: An M3
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: DMV

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
The one thing that drove me crazy, and away from that forum, was one member who was very active in this forum that started to become an over-the-top cheerleader for the new grill. I finally just blocked him because I got tired of his sycophantic sucking up to the G80. I'm pretty sure that most people here will know who I'm talking about. I even posted that I had blocked him and why.

The one recent post that I did make there was in a thread where people were posting links to video reviews of the G80. One video was by Schmee. I posted "Not Schmee! Anyone but Schmee!" Apparently criticism of Schmee is OK and that post got 14 likes!

https://g80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8;postcount=13
SedanClan Lol. 20K posts or something ridiculous. How someone can spend so much time on a car forum typing away is beyond me.

Doubt that dude has put in an order, just upping his post count polishing that turd.

Schmee is unbearable too.

You and I are on the same level of thinking here lol
Yeah that dude is absolute worst but the type of poster BP seems to want nowadays. Just someone to fawn over whatever BMW puts out.
Appreciate 3
stein_325i7745.50
SD ///M42616.00

      09-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #86
six75LT
Private First Class
360
Rep
159
Posts

Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: West Hartford, CT

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpy1980 View Post
Man, I'm looking through the other online reviews of the g8x gen and I just can't get a good angle of the car. It looks weirder and weirder the more I look at it. Honestly, I thought the rear of the car was its saving grace, but upon inspection, it still looks off.

I mean, look at the attached screenshots I took.

Am I just not cool enough to appreciate the design language? (DONT ANSWER! haha)
those photos look like they're a render from a 2012 gran turismo game. i feel the same way about not warming up to the car at all. i used to just not like the grill, but now theres a lot more that looks off to me. for some reason when i look at the lights, i see the side profile view of a rabbit:

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 12:42 PM   #87
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
5725
Rep
6,043
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet_F82 View Post
All they had to do was this
Nope. All they had to do was shave ~300lb and keep the DCT.
A DCT would just add back the weight, just get the manual if that's the goal..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #88
CanAutM3
General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
13659
Rep
18,020
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
A DCT would just add back the weight, just get the manual if that's the goal..
Fair point, however the performance advantage of the DCT more than offsets its weight penalty.
__________________
///M4cs 2019 F82 Lime Rock Grey
MPE / CF Mirror caps / MP-HAS / GC Camber plates
Appreciate 1
SD ///M42616.00

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST