Pandora Car Alarm System
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3 / M4 Photos and Videos

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-25-2014, 06:12 PM   #155
Jockey
Brigadier General
Jockey's Avatar
United_States
2566
Rep
4,685
Posts

Drives: F80 SS/SS M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Park City, UT

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
Went to see the new M4/3 at DC today. They both look great. I also wanted to see Silverstone in person since this is the color I ordered for my M4 and it looks great. I am very happy with Silverstone exterior and a full black interior with the carbon fiber trim.
Very nice. That's right now my #1 setup (or SB interior, can't decide).

Did you go silver or black wheels (or 18s)?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #156
RMB
Captain
RMB's Avatar
United_States
89
Rep
634
Posts

Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Very nice. That's right now my #1 setup (or SB interior, can't decide).

Did you go silver or black wheels (or 18s)?
I went with the silver wheels. I totally understand how someone would think there is not enough contrast with an all black interior, but it is so easy to maintain.

I was glad to bring my wife with me as she also liked the Silverstone exterior. She was a little pissed with me for buying a 2012 LMB E92 M3, only to sell it after about a year to make room for the M4. But after seeing the interior compared to our older M3 we are really glad to make the jump. Everything looks updated (LED lights, full color display on the dash, nicer leather with contrasting stitching, etc.)

Last edited by RMB; 01-25-2014 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: update
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2014, 09:16 PM   #157
Needsdecaf
Everything's Bigger in Texas!
United_States
810
Rep
3,351
Posts

Drives: Porsche Tractor
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Drive So Fast View Post
Whats that thing below the intercooler right next to the engine? Is it the oil filter housing?
Yup.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 02:30 AM   #158
Realw5
Private
Realw5's Avatar
United_States
10
Rep
63
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chico, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB
Went to see the new M4/3 at DC today. They both look great. I also wanted to see Silverstone in person since this is the color I ordered for my M4 and it looks great. I am very happy with Silverstone exterior and a full black interior with the carbon fiber trim.
+1

I have the same combo on order! Glad to hear you liked the SSII in person :-)
__________________
2015 Mineral Grey ///M4 | Black Full Merino Leather | DCT | 19" Black Light Alloy 437M Wheels | Drivers & Executive Pkg | Adaptive M Suspension | Carbon Fibre Roof and Interior Trim | Lighting Package | Enhanced USB & Bluetooth | Gloss Blackout Grilles [Front & Side & Tailpipes] | BSW Stage 1 | Coded (All the goodies) :-]
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #159
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
127
Rep
327
Posts

Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On a Creek in the Mountains

iTrader: (0)

I attended the DC Auto Show this weekend and sat in both the M3 and M4 (as well as the 228i). Here are some impressions:
  • Big props to BMW for having all of their vehicles open and available to sit in and molest. MB and Audi had their RS/S/AMG vehicles either locked or on turntables.
  • In my opinion the M4 looks too much like the 435i M sport.
  • On the other hand, the M3 looks quite a bit different than a 335i M sport (thanks mainly to fender flares/wider track).
  • BMW needs to give us the M4 truck lid design on the M3.
  • Both the M3 and M4 look much less aggressive in person than in photos. This is both a good and bad thing: (1) The good - the "genitalia" up front is much less pronounced and looks good. The cars will retain much of the "stealth speed" that previous M cars have (E39 is the best example of this). (2) The bad - the carbon fiber and colors are really the only things that are going to make these cars stand out from the regular series cars.
  • I am a big fan of the Yas Marinas blue.
  • On the other hand, the Silverstone looked rather plain and dare I even say "Camry like." However, Silverstone looks like a very liveable color - will hide scratches, dirt, etc. and won't attract LEO attention.
  • The interiors of both cars felt a bit "cramped" this both a good and bad thing. (1) The good: (1) the aggressive bolstering of the seats (the seats are great), smaller steering wheel, and flaring of the center console effectively shrink the car around the occupants making it feel smaller and more sporty - great for the enthusiast. (2) The bad: the flaring of the center console really reduces the amount of foot well space (especially on the passenger side) - I can see this being a big problem in NA (compounded by the aggressive seat bolsters) especially for cars in this price range and size (I haven't noticed this in the 3 series loaners that I have driven).
  • The interior quality was a mixed bag. (1) The good: the interior is clearly nicer than the standard 3/4 series cars, has a top notch fit and finish, and is overall better quality than the E series cars. (2) The bad: the driver "touch points" - the wheel, seats, door pulls, etc. seem to have taken a step back in material quality from the E series cars. Also, while the interior hits all of the "modern" design points - carbon fiber, tech heavy, contrast stitching and trim, better looking plastics, etc. it pales in comparison to what I saw the Audi vehicles (RS7 especially) and even some other BMW cars - I3, 7 series. The 228i's interior was almost on par with the M cars which is a bit disappointing given the price delta.
  • The carbon fiber roof and strut bar are absolutely gorgeous and a step up from the E92 (roof). I do wonder if the strut brace is going to "yellow" over time due to heat (similar to what is seen on aftermarket parts or even Audi RS vehicles).
  • The black wheels on the M4 looked much better than the wheels on the M3 (the ones that are in most of the press shots). In my opinion both wheels need more spokes to keep with the M/CSL look and tradition (we can hope this happens on the LCI/competition pack models).
  • The M4 was getting way more attention by show goers than the M3. However, I personally prefer the looks of the M3.
  • The new headlights/halos/double slatted kidney grills look great.
  • The exhaust system (pipes, muffler better hidden, etc.) looks much better than on the E92 cars.
  • Interestingly, the engines did not appear to be set as far back (relative to the front suspension) as in the E series cars (N54/N55 included).

In conclusion, based on looks alone I do not see any reason why someone would be compelled to upgrade from an E9x M to an F8x M car. I do think that "BMW" has a winner on their hand for new enthusiast shoppers - the cars are attractive with nice fit and finish and feel "more sporty" than the competition RS/AMG. If the cars drive as well as typical M cars they should get great reviews. However, I can see NA buyers (non enthusiasts) migrating to the MB AMG C63s for a feeling of more space, more power, and more luxury.

Last edited by burnsniper; 01-27-2014 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 11:57 AM   #160
Black Gold
Major General
543
Rep
5,388
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
I attended the DC Auto Show this weekend and sat in both the M3 and M4 (as well as the 228i). Here are some impressions:
  • Big props to BMW for having all of their vehicles open and available to sit in and molest. MB and Audi had their RS/S/AMG vehicles either locked or on turntables.
  • In my opinion the M4 looks too much like the 435i M sport.
  • On the other hand, the M3 looks quite a bit different than a 335i M sport (thanks mainly to fender flares/wider track).
  • BMW needs to give us the M4 truck lid design on the M3.
  • Both the M3 and M4 look much less aggressive in person than in photos. This is both a good and bad thing: (1) The good - the "genitalia" up front is much less pronounced and looks good. The cars will retain much of the "stealth speed" that previous M cars have (E39 is the best example of this). (2) The bad - the carbon fiber and colors are really the only things that are going to make these cars stand out from the regular series cars.
  • I am a big fan of the Yas Marinas blue.
  • On the other hand, the Silverstone looked rather plain and dare I even say "Camry like." However, Silverstone looks like a very liveable color - will hide scratches, dirt, etc. and won't attract LEO attention.
    The interiors of both cars felt a bit "cramped" this both a good and bad thing. (1) The good: (1) the aggressive bolstering of the seats (the seats are great), smaller steering wheel, and flaring of the center console effectively shrink the car around the occupants making it feel smaller and more sporty - great for the enthusiast. (2) The bad: the flaring of the center console really reduces the amount of foot well space (especially on the passenger side) - I can see this being a big problem in NA (compounded by the aggressive seat bolsters) especially for cars in this price range and size (I haven't noticed this in the 3 series loaners that I have driven).
    The interior quality was a mixed bag. (1) The good: the interior is clearly nicer than the standard 3/4 series cars, has a top notch fit and finish, and is overall better quality than the E series cars. (2) The bad: the driver "touch points" - the wheel, seats, door pulls, etc. seem to have taken a step back in material quality from the E series cars. Also, while the interior hits all of the "modern" design points - carbon fiber, tech heavy, contrast stitching and trim, better looking plastics, etc. it pales in comparison to what I saw the Audi vehicles (RS7 especially) and even some other BMW cars - I3, 7 series. The 228i's interior was almost on par with the M cars which is a bit disappointing given the price delta.
  • The carbon fiber roof and strut bar are absolutely gorgeous and a step up from the E92 (roof). I do wonder if the strut brace is going to "yellow" over time due to heat (similar to what is seen on aftermarket parts or even Audi RS vehicles).
  • The black wheels on the M4 looked much better than the wheels on the M3 (the ones that are in most of the press shots). In my opinion both wheels need more spokes to keep with the M/CSL look and tradition (we can hope this happens on the LCI/competition pack models).
  • The M4 was getting way more attention by show goers than the M3. However, I personally prefer the looks of the M3.
  • The new headlights/halos/double slatted kidney grills look great.
  • The exhaust system (pipes, muffler better hidden, etc.) looks much better than on the E92 cars.
  • Interestingly, the engines did not appear to be set as far back (relative to the front suspension) as in the E series cars (N54/N55 included).

In conclusion, based on looks alone I do not see any reason why someone would be compelled to upgrade from an E9x M to an F8x M car. I do think that "BMW" has a winner on their hand for new enthusiast shoppers - the cars are attractive with nice fit and finish and feel "more sporty" than the competition RS/AMG. If the cars drive as well as typical M cars they should get great reviews. However, I can see NA buyers (non enthusiasts) migrating to the MB AMG C63s for a feeling of more space, more power, and more luxury.
thanks for the review

I am literally almost stunned by the comments in bold after having seen the cars myself and owning an e92 currently.

I don't mean to be critical of your opinion, but you are the only person I know or have seen on this forum who thinks the materials are A ) lower in quality to the e9x (I think they are a large upgrade) and B ) look like the very basic and cheaper 228i which has far worse materials including very cheap feeling leather.

JMO, but thanks for the feedback.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 11:58 AM   #161
Croatian test driver
Major
Croatian test driver's Avatar
Croatia
806
Rep
1,193
Posts

Drives: M3 F80 (TB / CB)
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
In my opinion both wheels need more spokes to keep with the M/CSL look and tradition (we can hope this happens on the LCI/competition pack models).
Agree on that one, I was quite a bit disappointed about the wheels. Never really liked the 5 double-spoke design of the M5/M6, but I always had the hope that BMW will instead choose a more taditional M3 style wheel. The greater the disappointment as I only in exceptional cases take aftermarket wheels instead of OEM.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:02 PM   #162
Needsdecaf
Everything's Bigger in Texas!
United_States
810
Rep
3,351
Posts

Drives: Porsche Tractor
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
thanks for the review

I am literally almost stunned by the comments in bold after having seen the cars myself and owning an e92 currently.

I don't mean to be critical of your opinion, but you are the only person I know or have seen on this forum who thinks the materials are A ) lower in quality to the e9x (I think they are a large upgrade) and B ) look like the very basic and cheaper 228i which has far worse materials including very cheap feeling leather.

JMO, but thanks for the feedback.
Agreed. Having seen both cars this weekend, I disagree with about 2/3 of that post.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:06 PM   #163
CanAutM3
General
CanAutM3's Avatar
Canada
13604
Rep
18,000
Posts

Drives: 2019 M4cs
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2019 BMW M4cs  [0.00]
2018 Audi RS3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Agreed. Having seen both cars this weekend, I disagree with about 2/3 of that post.
I am with you, after seeing both cars last week, I do not share most of the opinions on that post either. I guess different people have different views.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:07 PM   #164
Needsdecaf
Everything's Bigger in Texas!
United_States
810
Rep
3,351
Posts

Drives: Porsche Tractor
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Agreed. Having seen both cars this weekend, I disagree with about 2/3 of that post.
I am with you, I do not share many of the opinions on that post either. I different people have different views.
Very true.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:18 PM   #165
Real Deal
Second Lieutenant
15
Rep
290
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
I attended the DC Auto Show this weekend and sat in both the M3 and M4 (as well as the 228i). Here are some impressions:
  • Big props to BMW for having all of their vehicles open and available to sit in and molest. MB and Audi had their RS/S/AMG vehicles either locked or on turntables.
  • In my opinion the M4 looks too much like the 435i M sport.
  • On the other hand, the M3 looks quite a bit different than a 335i M sport (thanks mainly to fender flares/wider track).
  • BMW needs to give us the M4 truck lid design on the M3.
  • Both the M3 and M4 look much less aggressive in person than in photos. This is both a good and bad thing: (1) The good - the "genitalia" up front is much less pronounced and looks good. The cars will retain much of the "stealth speed" that previous M cars have (E39 is the best example of this). (2) The bad - the carbon fiber and colors are really the only things that are going to make these cars stand out from the regular series cars.
  • I am a big fan of the Yas Marinas blue.
  • On the other hand, the Silverstone looked rather plain and dare I even say "Camry like." However, Silverstone looks like a very liveable color - will hide scratches, dirt, etc. and won't attract LEO attention.
  • The interiors of both cars felt a bit "cramped" this both a good and bad thing. (1) The good: (1) the aggressive bolstering of the seats (the seats are great), smaller steering wheel, and flaring of the center console effectively shrink the car around the occupants making it feel smaller and more sporty - great for the enthusiast. (2) The bad: the flaring of the center console really reduces the amount of foot well space (especially on the passenger side) - I can see this being a big problem in NA (compounded by the aggressive seat bolsters) especially for cars in this price range and size (I haven't noticed this in the 3 series loaners that I have driven).
  • The interior quality was a mixed bag. (1) The good: the interior is clearly nicer than the standard 3/4 series cars, has a top notch fit and finish, and is overall better quality than the E series cars. (2) The bad: the driver "touch points" - the wheel, seats, door pulls, etc. seem to have taken a step back in material quality from the E series cars. Also, while the interior hits all of the "modern" design points - carbon fiber, tech heavy, contrast stitching and trim, better looking plastics, etc. it pales in comparison to what I saw the Audi vehicles (RS7 especially) and even some other BMW cars - I3, 7 series. The 228i's interior was almost on par with the M cars which is a bit disappointing given the price delta.
  • The carbon fiber roof and strut bar are absolutely gorgeous and a step up from the E92 (roof). I do wonder if the strut brace is going to "yellow" over time due to heat (similar to what is seen on aftermarket parts or even Audi RS vehicles).
  • The black wheels on the M4 looked much better than the wheels on the M3 (the ones that are in most of the press shots). In my opinion both wheels need more spokes to keep with the M/CSL look and tradition (we can hope this happens on the LCI/competition pack models).
  • The M4 was getting way more attention by show goers than the M3. However, I personally prefer the looks of the M3.
  • The new headlights/halos/double slatted kidney grills look great.
  • The exhaust system (pipes, muffler better hidden, etc.) looks much better than on the E92 cars.
  • Interestingly, the engines did not appear to be set as far back (relative to the front suspension) as in the E series cars (N54/N55 included).

In conclusion, based on looks alone I do not see any reason why someone would be compelled to upgrade from an E9x M to an F8x M car. I do think that "BMW" has a winner on their hand for new enthusiast shoppers - the cars are attractive with nice fit and finish and feel "more sporty" than the competition RS/AMG. If the cars drive as well as typical M cars they should get great reviews. However, I can see NA buyers (non enthusiasts) migrating to the MB AMG C63s for a feeling of more space, more power, and more luxury.
I disagree with everything you said, I spent two hours in both cars and have had plenty of drive time in e90 m3, 335, 335is and the F30.

The interior of the car is a major upgrade over any of the models above. The cockpit is a driver's dream with all controls within easy reach. The M3/4 are both wider and masculin from the e92m. I wont get in to a debate over this but if V8 is what someone wants then move on to c63 as its going to be a great car.
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #166
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
127
Rep
327
Posts

Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On a Creek in the Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
thanks for the review

I am literally almost stunned by the comments in bold after having seen the cars myself and owning an e92 currently.

I don't mean to be critical of your opinion, but you are the only person I know or have seen on this forum who thinks the materials are A ) lower in quality to the e9x (I think they are a large upgrade) and B ) look like the very basic and cheaper 228i which has far worse materials including very cheap feeling leather.

JMO, but thanks for the feedback.
Overall, I do think the materials and the layout are nicer on the F8x than the E9x. However, I don't think the "touch points" are nicer - I personally think the leather wheel and seats are better in the E series cars than the F series cars. I think of it this way - the E series car leather on the wheels, seats, etc. rates and 9/10 and the layout and trim may rate a 5/10. On the F series cars the leather wheels and seats may rate 8/10 but the layout and trim now also rate a 8/10. I think this is a common thing that we are seeing across all luxury cars - Lexus is a perfect example of this (older Lexus are more "posh").

Also, I wouldn't call the 228i interior cheap. Sure its not as nice as the F8x interiors (especially the seats) in materials. However, the layout is essentially the same and I personally feel that the 228i materials have taken a step up from the most recent 3 series materials. All I am saying is the delta between the M materials and the series cars is smaller.

Last edited by burnsniper; 01-27-2014 at 12:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #167
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
127
Rep
327
Posts

Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On a Creek in the Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Deal View Post
I disagree with everything you said, I spent two hours in both cars and have had plenty of drive time in e90 m3, 335, 335is and the F30.

The interior of the car is a major upgrade over any of the models above. The cockpit is a driver's dream with all controls within easy reach. The M3/4 are both wider and masculin from the e92m. I wont get in to a debate over this but if V8 is what someone wants then move on to c63 as its going to be a great car.
In my post I am not saying that F8x cars are not a major upgrade overall over the E9x cars - they are a major upgrade. However, having spent time in the E9x/E8x cars I don't think there is anything "compelling" for a current E9x owner to upgrade. I personally think the E9x M cars are rather bland looking. I prefer my M cars to have a more "pronounced look" - 1M, E46, Clown Shoe, etc.

Last edited by burnsniper; 01-27-2014 at 12:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #168
Black Gold
Major General
543
Rep
5,388
Posts

Drives: M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
Overall, I do think the materials and the layout are nicer on the F8x than the E9x. However, I don't think the "touch points" are nicer - I personally think the leather wheel and seats are better in the E series cars than the F series cars. I think of it this way - the E series car leather on the wheels, seats, etc. rates and 9/10 and the layout and trim may rate a 5/10. On the F series cars the leather wheels and seats may rate 8/10 but the layout and trim now also rate a 8/10. I think this is a common thing that we are seeing across all luxury cars - Lexus is a perfect example of this (older Lexus are more "posh").
understood. I just don't happen to have the same reaction after sitting in the car after driving to the show in my e92 m3.

I thought the steering wheel was about the same, and the leather material was a couple grades above what is in my e9x, it was immediately noticeable to myself and my girlfriend. I also noticed the very nice leather door handles (even in the basic leather package that was on display).

I do agree with you on the trim though.

Anyway, to each their own. Both are clearly great cars and very nice inside.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #169
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
127
Rep
327
Posts

Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On a Creek in the Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
understood. I just don't happen to have the same reaction after sitting in the car after driving to the show in my e92 m3.

I thought the steering wheel was about the same, and the leather material was a couple grades above what is in my e9x, it was immediately noticeable to myself and my girlfriend. I also noticed the very nice leather door handles (even in the basic leather package that was on display).

I do agree with you on the trim though.

Anyway, to each their own. Both are clearly great cars and very nice inside.
We are on the same page with just slightly different preferences. I think the Alcantara and contrast stitching in my 1M skews my view as well (although the 1M door cards leave a lot to be desired!). Ironically, my wife was the one who came out and said she didn't like the new M3 interior is much as the old one. Also, I don't typically like perforated leather - it doesn't seem to hold up as well over time (Acura TL and S2000 in my experience).
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 01:58 PM   #170
psuibmw
Colonel
psuibmw's Avatar
United_States
2047
Rep
2,565
Posts

Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 BMW X6  [0.00]
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
2018 BMW 320  [0.00]
M3 and M4 at the DC Auto Show

Hello,

As mentioned in a previous post, a silver M3 and a Yas Marina Blue M4 are displayed at the the DC Auto Show so wanted to give you additional photos. I know there is never a complain as too many photos.

The Yas Marina Blue is a nice color seeing it in person, better than all images. The M3 is definitely the nicer. It is surprisingly more aggressive than the M4.
Attached Images
           
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #171
Reedomn
Major
Reedomn's Avatar
United_States
613
Rep
1,451
Posts

Drives: 458 Italia/991.1 GT3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Minneapolis

iTrader: (15)

More pics the better!!

Is the M3 hood and trunk open in all pics?....
__________________
458 Italia, 991.1 GT3
Sold- f80 M3, e82 1M, f87 M2,
e30 M3, e90 M3, e36 M3, e34 M5,
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #172
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
6978
Rep
17,029
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

I love YMB.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #173
Chill72
Banned
Chill72's Avatar
United_States
101
Rep
896
Posts

Drives: 10 E92 M3 (RIP)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMB View Post
I went with the silver wheels. I totally understand how someone would think there is not enough contrast with an all black interior, but it is so easy to maintain.

I was glad to bring my wife with me as she also liked the Silverstone exterior. She was a little pissed with me for buying a 2012 LMB E92 M3, only to sell it after about a year to make room for the M4. But after seeing the interior compared to our older M3 we are really glad to make the jump. Everything looks updated (LED lights, full color display on the dash, nicer leather with contrasting stitching, etc.)
I'm also going with silver 19", I think black or dual tone wheels are a little too aftermarket looking for my taste.

Also, I prefer a nice simple design...it'll be even nicer if there is a bit concavity (?) to them.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 02:28 PM   #174
psuibmw
Colonel
psuibmw's Avatar
United_States
2047
Rep
2,565
Posts

Drives: G06/G20/F30/F15/F10/E90
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Baltimore, MD

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2021 BMW X6  [0.00]
2020 BMW M340  [0.00]
2018 BMW 320  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedomn View Post
More pics the better!!

Is the M3 hood and trunk open in all pics?....
It was locked in this pic. I tried many times to close to take pictures but people were opening it and it is a little tricky to close. You have to push hard from the sides. Most people were pushing in the middle and could not get it closed. Trunk is locked though.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2014, 02:51 PM   #175
pseto
Major General
pseto's Avatar
United_States
453
Rep
7,561
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Rockville, MD

iTrader: (4)

I was pretty disappointed in the seats. Not enough side bolster and no thigh extension. However, they were ventilated, which is a major upgrade.

Anyone else notice that the CF roof did not have the colored M stripes? I guess that mod requires a whole new roof? BMW M Performance CF roof
__________________
Paul Seto - BMW Car Club of America
National Capital Chapter (MD/DC/NoVA), President

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #176
M4Trojan
Private First Class
3
Rep
131
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 ZCP
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill72 View Post
I'm also going with silver 19", I think black or dual tone wheels are a little too aftermarket looking for my taste.

Also, I prefer a nice simple design...it'll be even nicer if there is a bit concavity (?) to them.
My thoughts exactly.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw m3, 2014 bmw m3 horsepower, 2014 bmw m3 specs, 2014 bmw m4 horsepower, 2014 bmw m4 specs, 2014 m3, 2014 m3 engine, 2014 m3 forum, 2014 m3 horsepower, 2014 m3 hp, 2014 m3 specs, 2014 m3 weight, 2014 m4 engine, 2014 m4 horsepower, 2014 m4 hp, 2014 m4 specs, 2014 m4 weight, 2015 bmw m3, 2015 bmw m3 specs, 2015 bmw m4, 2015 bmw m4 specs, 2015 m3, 2015 m3 engine, 2015 m3 specs, 2015 m4, 2015 m4 engine, 2015 m4 hp, 2015 m4 specs, 2015 m4 weight, bmw f80, bmw f80 forum, bmw f80 forums, bmw f80 m3, bmw f80 m3 s55, bmw f80 m3 sedan, bmw f82, bmw f82 forum, bmw f82 forums, bmw f82 m3 coupe, bmw f82 m4, bmw f82 m4 coupe, bmw f82 m4 s55, bmw f82 m4 video, bmw f83, bmw f83 m3, bmw f83 m4, bmw m forum, bmw m forums, bmw m3 forum, bmw m3 forums, bmw m3 s55, bmw m3 s55 engine, bmw m4, bmw m4 coupe, bmw m4 coupe forum, bmw m4 exhaust sound, bmw m4 forum, bmw m4 forums, bmw m4 horsepower, bmw m4 hp, bmw m4 redline, bmw m4 rev limit, bmw m4 rev limiter, bmw m4 rpm, bmw m4 rpm redline

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:40 AM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST