BPM
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > DIY and Coding Discussions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-10-2018, 07:58 PM   #67
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
7,825
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 1M View Post
Tried again this is the error
NO FA could be generated for FA


not all elements of the FA were found in the FA2FP: SALAPA 674

not sure what i am doing wrong
You cannot have elements in FA that are invalid for typecode/chassis combination.

See how there is no 674 Option:
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 04:41 PM   #68
Mark 1M
First Lieutenant
Mark 1M's Avatar
United Kingdom
277
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Not sure what to try next
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2018, 11:51 PM   #69
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
7,825
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 1M View Post
Not sure what to try next
You could try removing or changing speaker system in FA.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 07:38 AM   #70
Mark 1M
First Lieutenant
Mark 1M's Avatar
United Kingdom
277
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
You could try removing or changing speaker system in FA.
Not sure what you mean by this ?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2018, 10:38 PM   #71
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
7,825
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark 1M View Post
Not sure what you mean by this ?
Not sure what your goal is but stereo system unlikely to affect. So switch to one that is in fafp.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 04:31 PM   #72
NorcalStiggy
Private First Class
NorcalStiggy's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: 16' SO/SO F80 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: norcal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackey View Post
Here is what I did, NOT sure if it's the best way, but it seems to have worked.

I created a SVT_TAL file (calculate TAL) the normal way like I was going to update the software of the Ecu. From there I went into the TAL file using wordpad and changed the following line from:

3R93 M4 EGS: swfl_00001F72_000-056_000

to

4S93 M4 GTS EGS: swfl_000038C2_000-056_000

From there I went to TAL Processing and loaded the new software into the EGS computer. This computer has no CAFD's so only item to click was SWDeploy. Update only takes about a minute on this one.

After updating I had to clear codes in ISTA.

Seems to have worked, I can definitely tell the transmission has changed. I'll update as I drive it more.

Not sure if this is the best way to do this (probably not), but seems to have worked for me.
How are you all determining the correct swfl file? I can't seem to get the SVT generator to work. I was able to modify my FA and it activated just fine, however when it comes to the SVT side to help drive the versioning and matching the right files esys is failing to the point the generated SVT doesn't even contain ESG4.
__________________
2016 M3 ZCP, SO/SO, DCT
2014 435xi Msport Estoril Blue , MP brakes
2014 Ram 2500 CTD
GTR Bondurant racing school 2006
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 08:01 PM   #73
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
7,825
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorcalStiggy View Post
How are you all determining the correct swfl file? I can't seem to get the SVT generator to work. I was able to modify my FA and it activated just fine, however when it comes to the SVT side to help drive the versioning and matching the right files esys is failing to the point the generated SVT doesn't even contain ESG4.
And you are using TAL-Calculation?
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2018, 08:41 PM   #74
NorcalStiggy
Private First Class
NorcalStiggy's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: 16' SO/SO F80 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: norcal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
And you are using TAL-Calculation?
I am, I think I found the issue I think I set my I-step shipment to the wrong level (was off by one).
Now that I have that sorted is the best idea to update ESG4 from its current version (F020-17-03-505) to the updated (F020-18-03-520), then do the modification to the EGS4 computer to the GTS version of swfl? Also was the consensus I can leave the miss matched I-step for EGS4 vs the rest?
__________________
2016 M3 ZCP, SO/SO, DCT
2014 435xi Msport Estoril Blue , MP brakes
2014 Ram 2500 CTD
GTR Bondurant racing school 2006
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 09:25 PM   #75
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
7,825
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorcalStiggy View Post
I am, I think I found the issue I think I set my I-step shipment to the wrong level (was off by one).
Now that I have that sorted is the best idea to update ESG4 from its current version (F020-17-03-505) to the updated (F020-18-03-520), then do the modification to the EGS4 computer to the GTS version of swfl? Also was the consensus I can leave the miss matched I-step for EGS4 vs the rest?
No need to update twice. Check dependencies to know if others require flash as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 10:04 PM   #76
NorcalStiggy
Private First Class
NorcalStiggy's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: 16' SO/SO F80 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: norcal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
No need to update twice. Check dependencies to know if others require flash as well.
So looks like i need to do FEM_GW, hopefully doing that one doesn't kill the car
__________________
2016 M3 ZCP, SO/SO, DCT
2014 435xi Msport Estoril Blue , MP brakes
2014 Ram 2500 CTD
GTR Bondurant racing school 2006
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 02:47 AM   #77
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
7,825
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorcalStiggy View Post
So looks like i need to do FEM_GW, hopefully doing that one doesn't kill the car
I would skip that, unless car is making large jump in I-Step.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 03:54 PM   #78
NorcalStiggy
Private First Class
NorcalStiggy's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: 16' SO/SO F80 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: norcal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
I would skip that, unless car is making large jump in I-Step.
I skipped it and all seems to be fine, not sure the GTS tune is better but time will tell as the adaptation gets set. What do you consider a large jump in I-Step?... previous post showed the versions I was working with
__________________
2016 M3 ZCP, SO/SO, DCT
2014 435xi Msport Estoril Blue , MP brakes
2014 Ram 2500 CTD
GTR Bondurant racing school 2006
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 07:42 PM   #79
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
7,825
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorcalStiggy View Post
I skipped it and all seems to be fine, not sure the GTS tune is better but time will tell as the adaptation gets set. What do you consider a large jump in I-Step?... previous post showed the versions I was working with
A year of releases.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #80
princer
New Member
22
Rep
12
Posts

Drives: BMW E90 330D M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Hereford

iTrader: (0)

Iíve been reading all the GTS posts after I googled clunky f80 DCT.

I am in the 2nd month of ownership with my f80 M3, I did want a manual but I was talked into going for auto/DCT as itís the way forward.

Every annoyance I have with the DCT seems to be addressed with the GTS flash, I know itís probably already been asked but having just spent £1037 on extended warranty what is the risk if the auto box failed with said flash in place?

Last edited by princer; 04-04-2018 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 08:55 PM   #81
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
7,825
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by princer View Post
Iíve been reading all the GTS posts after I googled clunky f80 DCT.

I am in the 2nd month of ownership with my f80 M3, I did want a manual but I was talked into going for auto/DCT as itís the way forward.

Every annoyance I have with the DCT seems to be addressed with the GTS flash, I know itís probably already been asked but having just spent £1037 on extended warranty what is the risk if the auto box failed with said flash in place?
if flash caused issue and dealership detected, it would void.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 05:24 PM   #82
NorcalStiggy
Private First Class
NorcalStiggy's Avatar
United_States
54
Rep
186
Posts

Drives: 16' SO/SO F80 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: norcal

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
A year of releases.
So basically what I did haha... all seems fine thus far but haven't plugged in to check for any codes. I will say that since its now gone through learning the improvement isn't major but low speed engagements are where the most improvements are making traffic jams less concerning, and minor rev matching improvements while shifting gears. Stock ZCP just doesn't seem to have the right rev match logic it always felt like the engine was told to go faster than it should when engaging and thus would lerch the car.
__________________
2016 M3 ZCP, SO/SO, DCT
2014 435xi Msport Estoril Blue , MP brakes
2014 Ram 2500 CTD
GTR Bondurant racing school 2006
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #83
Dtwok335
DC-Coding
Germany
10
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: M3F80-Frozenblack-metallic
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Germany,RLP,67240 Bo/Ro

iTrader: (0)

Hey tried around today and think I nearly got it. I created a tal and svt on my own. I'm just not sure if I just need the swfl to update or if there are other files to update? Hope somebody can help me out
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 01:48 AM   #84
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
7,825
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwok335 View Post
Hey tried around today and think I nearly got it. I created a tal and svt on my own. I'm just not sure if I just need the swfl to update or if there are other files to update? Hope somebody can help me out
TAL Calculation will tell you exactly what needs to be updated. If there is a target, that means potential new firmware to flash.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 02:18 AM   #85
Dtwok335
DC-Coding
Germany
10
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: M3F80-Frozenblack-metallic
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Germany,RLP,67240 Bo/Ro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
TAL Calculation will tell you exactly what needs to be updated. If there is a target, that means potential new firmware to flash.
Problem is, the place where you can choose the target SVT for an ecu update is greyed out? Can you tell me why?

Yes you are right it is telling me. Look I've read out the IST_SVT and deleted every ECU except the EGS4. Than I changed the one swfl Line into the M4 GTS Line. After that I calculated TAL. Now when I load IST_SVT and the changed SVT as target an go over to TAL calculating it shows me EGS and the M4 GTS Line as red. This shows me that he got it. But do I have to change just this ONE swfl Line? What about BTLD? Or the second swfl Line?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 03:22 AM   #86
Dtwok335
DC-Coding
Germany
10
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: M3F80-Frozenblack-metallic
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Germany,RLP,67240 Bo/Ro

iTrader: (0)

Here's the picture.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 03:40 AM   #87
Almaretto
Major General
Almaretto's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
7,825
Posts

Drives: Test Vehicles
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Mountain View, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwok335 View Post
Problem is, the place where you can choose the target SVT for an ecu update is greyed out? Can you tell me why?

Yes you are right it is telling me. Look I've read out the IST_SVT and deleted every ECU except the EGS4. Than I changed the one swfl Line into the M4 GTS Line. After that I calculated TAL. Now when I load IST_SVT and the changed SVT as target an go over to TAL calculating it shows me EGS and the M4 GTS Line as red. This shows me that he got it. But do I have to change just this ONE swfl Line? What about BTLD? Or the second swfl Line?
Target is defined by loaded PSdzdata. You never get to choose through E-sys.

Sometimes BTLD and both SWFL are updated. Other times only one element. It depends on current I-Step.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2018, 03:49 AM   #88
Dtwok335
DC-Coding
Germany
10
Rep
47
Posts

Drives: M3F80-Frozenblack-metallic
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Germany,RLP,67240 Bo/Ro

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almaretto View Post
Target is defined by loaded PSdzdata. You never get to choose through E-sys.

Sometimes BTLD and both SWFL are updated. Other times only one element. It depends on current I-Step.
Okay thanks, so what would you recommend me to do? You see in the picture the red line. this is the gts SWFL. The Line above is the original Line.
So how can I figure out that the BTLD installed matches the GTS SWFL?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
dct, flashing, gts

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.




f80post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST