R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

06-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #23
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehifi View Post
Fantastic, you've owned three M3s and probably lost about $45k in depreciation so far, I'm very happy for you.

I've driven most of the variations of the m3/m4 - the base, the zcp, cs and even drove the GTS (which you can buy lightly used for about $80k instead of a new $100k+ CS and is a much better value).

The CS is and will ever be just another special edition - nothing more. The GTS will be the classic and appreciate in value in a couple years since it's a real tricked out track special and BMW probably won't offer such a hardcore track vehicle for the masses moving forward.

More to the point - in less than a year, the G80 M3 will come out and absolutely destroy the F8x generation in terms of power, traction, handling and steering feel.

I've driven the X3M competition this week and I can tell this car makes 600hp at the crank easily. Once they put this engine with the 4WD in the G8x it's game over... and the best part is that you'll be able to pick one up for about $75-85k.. still cheaper than your much adored CS.
This is some clown shit. You’re another one of these losers that test drives cars from the dealership or your friend’s cars and report back having it all figured out. Folks, don’t feed this troll.
Appreciate 2
BMWsully166.50
      06-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #24
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWsully View Post
Quote:
I recently got CS EDC coding on the F80 M3 amongst other items (GTS steering/MDM, etc..) and I don't see the value of the M3 CS when you can get the job done with some programming/tuning on a non-ZCP or ZCP car for about $600-700 and if needed a couple spring/swaybar changes. The CS is pretty much a special edition for those who want the last run of the M3 in its glory.

Also you're a year way from the G80 which will supercede the F80 in all
performance aspects... and then you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting.

I'm test driving the X3M (S58) next week... it should be interesting to see what BMW
has done with this motor and drivetrain.
Hahaha, you do realize that the CS is a lot more than a tune right? I've owned a base, a ZCP and now a CS and it is leaps and bounds better, shockingly so.

Please don't misinform others when you haven't driven the car...

To the OP - the CS is an instant classic and you will enjoy the hell out of it.
I have also owned all 3 variations and now have a CS. I wouldn't say leaps and bounds. If you're talking about track use then you could be right since I didn't track any of them, but for normal daily use there is not a 35k noticeable difference. If you think so then That's definitely a placebo effect.

I drive spiritedly too and could not notice much more than a stiffer suspension.
Did you really pay 35k more for yours? I paid 10k more for my CS than I did for my ZCP. Event then, I would gladly pay double that, as it is truly that much better.
You can't compare price paid to MSRP. BMW marketed this car as a six figure car. How much you actually paid is not relevant.

And no, if I did not get a great lease deal as others have done, I wouldn't have even considered it unless I really needed a track dedicated M3.

FYI, you'd be the only one that sees the MSRP value in these cars since before any of the incentives were released, they were sitting on dealer lots. Objectively speaking, if the CS was worth 103-115K, BMW wouldn't have had to provide enough incentives for dealerships to reduce the price by almost 30K in some instances.
      06-16-2019, 10:21 AM   #25
blinkme323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I recently got CS EDC coding on the F80 M3 amongst other items (GTS steering/MDM, etc..) and I don't see the value of the M3 CS when you can get the job done with some programming/tuning on a non-ZCP or ZCP car for about $600-700 and if needed a couple spring/swaybar changes. The CS is pretty much a special edition for those who want the last run of the M3 in its glory.

I'm test driving the X3M (S58) next week... it should be interesting to see what BMW
Hahaha, you do realize that the CS is a lot more than a tune right? I've owned a base, a ZCP and now a CS and it is leaps and bounds better, shockingly so.

I have also owned all 3 variations and now have a CS. I wouldn't say leaps and bounds. If you're talking about track use then you could be right since I didn't track any of them, but for normal daily use there is not a 35k noticeable difference. If you think so then That's definitely a placebo effect.

I drive spiritedly too and could not notice much more than a stiffer suspension.
Did you really pay 35k more for yours? I paid 10k more for my CS than I did for my ZCP. Event then, I would gladly pay double that, as it is truly that much better.
You can't compare price paid to MSRP. BMW marketed this car as a six figure car. How much you actually paid is not relevant.

And no, if I did not get a great lease deal as others have done, I wouldn't have even considered it unless I really needed a track dedicated M3.

FYI, you'd be the only one that sees the MSRP value in these cars since before any of the incentives were released, they were sitting on dealer lots. Objectively speaking, if the CS was worth 103-115K, BMW wouldn't have had to provide enough incentives for dealerships to reduce the price by almost 30K in some instances.
I respect your opinion, but why keep the car then if you are so unhappy with it? Lots of other options in the price range. There are plenty of people who would gladly take it off of your hands.
      06-16-2019, 11:24 AM   #26
stevehifi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 ZCP

Hey Guys,

Apologies if I came on a big strong in my opinions. The CS is a nice car for what it is, and glad that owners like it.

I was just trying to sway the OP into a different direction that I feel (my opinion only) makes more sense.

Steve
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 11:28 AM   #27
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I respect your opinion, but why keep the car then if you are so unhappy with it? Lots of other options in the price range. There are plenty of people who would gladly take it off of your hands.
Oh sorry I didn't mean it's not a great car. I think it's a phenomenal car at its CURRENT market price. I have no doubt that these lease deals are a literal steal for this kind of car. I consider it a great bargain for what you get in the 80k price range or sub 900 monthly lease.

I was speaking strictly in regards to it's original MSRP. Myself, like many others, couldn't see the 30-35k difference in value when comparing the base MSRP with the CS MSRP.

But for a 10k or so difference, it's DEFINITELY worth it.
      06-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #28
BMWsully
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh sorry I didn't mean it's not a great car. I think it's a phenomenal car at its CURRENT market price. I have no doubt that these lease deals are a literal steal for this kind of car. I consider it a great bargain for what you get in the 80k price range or sub 900 monthly lease.

I was speaking strictly in regards to it's original MSRP. Myself, like many others, couldn't see the 30-35k difference in value when comparing the base MSRP with the CS MSRP.

But for a 10k or so difference, it's DEFINITELY worth it.
Ok got ya, thanks for explaining!
Appreciate 1
paliknight2191.50
      06-16-2019, 11:16 PM   #29
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Why wait? Live for now and not the future. Life's short man. Enjoy it while you can, a lot can change by the time the G80 comes around.
Appreciate 0