BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

06-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #67
stevehifi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 F80 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
I am surprised BMW would use the exact same EDC software for the F80 and F82 chassis. The two cars have different weight distribution and Cg heights. IMO, it’s more than just the accelerometer input, the starting position of the valves would be different.

If BMW really has the same EDC software in the M3cs than in the M4cs, it truly makes the M3cs a half ass effort.
It could just be that EDC settings for both cars start at the same initial position (possibly a higher rebound/compression curve from base/ZCP- since it's only one adjustment) and then learn that cars motion frequencies through the sensors (at each wheel) for the first 200 miles or so to determine the optimal valve settings. This would take into account differences in corner weights since you're correct the M3 and M4 have somewhat different weight distributions even though somewhat minor.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2019, 12:17 PM   #68
matty088
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

been driving my car (16 zcp with cs edc) more. I think the thing is with the CS edc that they are speed dependent. I think there is more/less rebound and compression at different speeds. I think this gives the car a more comfy feel at low speeds around town but yet at higher speeds the suspension firms up.

Perhaps something we are missing. Thats my 02c. Maybe i am crazy.
Appreciate 0