Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

06-19-2019, 03:43 PM   #23
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
But has that stopped dealers from asking for market adjustments and other extra charges?
Already read some reports of dealers is asking ADM.

Last edited by hellrotm; 06-19-2019 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 05:39 PM   #24
itsTwigs
Vroomthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3/21 Toyota Tacoma OR

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.00]
2021 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyraww View Post
Quote:
I'd love have a GT4. But the bad thing is that you have to beg your dealer for an allocation and pay up a 20pct "market adjustment". Horrible practices nowadays and makes it less compelling to switch.

I'm not begging a dealer to give them my money :
They're not going to be limited
But has that stopped dealers from asking for market adjustments and other extra charges?
You're absolutely right but things might be different with this one. Give it a year if you can. I'm going to check out Porsche Destin again today to see what they can do for me.
      06-19-2019, 06:43 PM   #25
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Already read some reports of dealers is asking ADM.
Dealers can always ask for ADM, doesn't mean they'll get it. If they're asking, time and the market will bring them back to reality.

My local (NorCal) BMW dealers also asked for ADM on M2s, then M2/3/4 Competitions, then M3 CS etc. One dealer here wanted $15k over for a M3 CS when they were first announced...Then I was back there last week for service and sales guy said they may be able to work something off "below MSRP now". Point is, you can always ask, doesn't mean you'll get. But sure, the impatient sap who doesn't know better may bite on that ADM.

Once they see how many allocations are out there and buyers start shopping around different dealers they'll likely start to lower and then eventually drop the ADM as long as demand doesn't far outweigh supply, which from what I hear shouldn't happen with these as much as with past GT cars.
      06-19-2019, 07:57 PM   #26
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

I love it. Everyone was clamoring for the return of a flat 6 engine in the cayman and now people are not impressed? Not sure what more was expected. It's a 400hp+ high revving naturally aspirated track ready car. What is not to love?
Appreciate 1
mcc3456332.00
      06-19-2019, 10:23 PM   #27
Andrae26
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sakhir M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
I love it. Everyone was clamoring for the return of a flat 6 engine in the cayman and now people are not impressed? Not sure what more was expected. It's a 400hp+ high revving naturally aspirated track ready car. What is not to love?
Exactly! The car is 10 seconds faster around the ring than the previous gt4. I'm ready to get my hands on one.
Appreciate 1
mcc3456332.00
      06-19-2019, 11:36 PM   #28
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Supply and demand. Consumers set the market.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2019, 08:18 AM   #29
shortseller
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 ABM F80ZCP/dct

Quote:
Just wait till we get a couple articles written, test drives videos and some ownership comments, then see how they will all fall in love all over again.
      06-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #30
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
I'd love have a GT4. But the bad thing is that you have to beg your dealer for an allocation and pay up a 20pct "market adjustment". Horrible practices nowadays and makes it less compelling to switch.

I'm not begging a dealer to give them my money :
As others have said, it won't be a limited run so hopefully that's not the case. I'm also hoping that means there'll be a model refresh in a few years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrae26 View Post
Quote:
Exactly! The car is 10 seconds faster around the ring than the previous gt4. I'm ready to get my hands on one.
Supposedly that's mostly due to the better aerodynamics.
      06-20-2019, 01:07 PM   #31
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6 cyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
As others have said, it won't be a limited run so hopefully that's not the case. I'm also hoping that means there'll be a model refresh in a few years.

Supposedly that's mostly due to the better aerodynamics.
Yes, more downforce but less drag...not an easy feat. This is also a manual car. My guess is, the PDK will be 10-12 seconds faster than the manual 718 GT4. Incredible time with a car with just barely over 400 NA HP.
I am waiting on my dealer to confirm getting one. While then say “not limited” that doesn’t mean they’ll just produce them to no end. It will still be a rare car and will certainly see premiums. They made more 991.1 GT3RS cars yet those still sell consistently over sticker.
Appreciate 1
mcc3456332.00
      06-20-2019, 11:43 PM   #32
Flacht3
Not Enough Garage Space
Rep
Drives: STO /765LTS/ Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funf6cyl View Post
My guess is, the PDK will be 10-12 seconds faster than the manual 718 GT4.
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big PDK fan (I specced my GT3 with a PDK instead of manual, sacrilege right?) But I think people over-estimate the difference it truly makes vs. a manual in the hands of an experienced driver. Want proof? Randy Probst did a Head2Head with the manual and PDK cars and the difference was literally a fraction of a second. Granted a mere mortal like myself is definitely faster with a PDK

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 9.34.00 PM.png
Views: 782
Size:  820.8 KB

Quote:
They made more 991.1 GT3RS cars yet those still sell consistently over sticker.
Yes they made "more" GT3RS this last round...but "more" was still only 1,756 in North America for the 991.2 (it's a pretty accurate number based on VIN data, big Rennlist thread on this). I would be shocked if they don't make close to 2x that number of GT4s this time around.
      06-21-2019, 10:15 AM   #33
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacht3 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big PDK fan (I specced my GT3 with a PDK instead of manual, sacrilege right?) But I think people over-estimate the difference it truly makes vs. a manual in the hands of an experienced driver. Want proof? Randy Probst did a Head2Head with the manual and PDK cars and the difference was literally a fraction of a second. Granted a mere mortal like myself is definitely faster with a PDK
I've run my similarly modded E92 (6MT) and E90 (DCT) together and you are right. It is essentially the same, but the DCT/PDK allows the regular driver to not have to do complicated things like engage 2nd while under 1g of lateral force and things like that.

The biggest advantages to DCT/PDK trannys is ease of use and they do not allow you to money shift.

They should have offered the GT4 with PDK and 440hp or so. As it is it will continue being a great weekend whatever car but not worthy of a 'GTx' badge at the track.

Before some troll that spends time in this forum only to discuss Porsches comes and tells me otherwise, I will pay for the troll's track inscription and we will video the event and post it for the forum. The only condition is that the troll themselves have to be the one driving the GT4.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #34
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacht3 View Post

Attachment 2081603

Yes they made "more" GT3RS this last round...but "more" was still only 1,756 in North America for the 991.2 (it's a pretty accurate number based on VIN data, big Rennlist thread on this). I would be shocked if they don't make close to 2x that number of GT4s this time around.
I got my Carrera T in PDK so I am right there with you! I was going off of Porsche data on the non GT cars where they said PDK was worth that over manual on the Ring (google search will find it but don’t have it handy). I agree it’s a smaller difference on a smaller course.

I was speaking to the 991.1 GT3RS where they made 5,000 RS cars worldwide. My guess is they won’t make that many GT4 or Spyders (separately). I’d guess max of 3,000 of each. I’m waiting to see if I have an allocation for a 718 GT4. I loved my 718 CGTS and know the GT4 and Spyder will be something else.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #35
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
I got my Carrera T in PDK so I am right there with you! I was going off of Porsche data on the non GT cars where they said PDK was worth that over manual on the Ring (google search will find it but don’t have it handy). I agree it’s a smaller difference on a smaller course.

I was speaking to the 991.1 GT3RS where they made 5,000 RS cars worldwide. My guess is they won’t make that many GT4 or Spyders (separately). I’d guess max of 3,000 of each. I’m waiting to see if I have an allocation for a 718 GT4. I loved my 718 CGTS and know the GT4 and Spyder will be something else.
The pdk is a great transmission but sacrilege on a T!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #36
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

+ about 345 lbs. as compared to the previous GT4 @ 2,955 lbs.? Am I missing something?

At roughly 3300 pounds, the GT4 is heavier than before, in part because of the enlarged diffuser and a bigger starter motor. It is also nearly 200 pounds heavier than the Cayman GTS by Porsche's reckoning, although fans of the flat-six will likely forgive the extra weight.

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 12:27 PM   #37
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post

Before some troll that spends time in this forum only to discuss Porsches comes and tells me otherwise, I will pay for the troll's track inscription and we will video the event and post it for the forum. The only condition is that the troll themselves have to be the one driving the GT4.
Hey uh, so, I’m a huge porsche troll. They are,uh, the best thing ever.

Will you pay for my next track day ?
Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11479.50
jmg18682.00
      06-21-2019, 12:30 PM   #38
Funf6cyl
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The pdk is a great transmission but sacrilege on a T!
All my other Porsche sports car are or have been manuals so I wanted something different this time around - PDK fits the base engine better in my eyes as well. I am loving this T though.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 12:39 PM   #39
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Hey uh, so, I’m a huge porsche troll. They are,uh, the best thing ever.

Will you pay for my next track day ?
Hahaha, I was not referring to you. There are literally people here which only post about Porsches. And we don't ban them.
If I were locked in my mother's basement and spent my day talking about M3s in Rennlist of VetteWorld I would fully expect to be banned

And it is only valid for someone in the Northeast so the cars can meet in person. You're over in Cali so you don't count :P
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 01:07 PM   #40
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha, I was not referring to you. There are literally people here which only post about Porsches. And we don't ban them.
If I were locked in my mother's basement and spent my day talking about M3s in Rennlist of VetteWorld I would fully expect to be banned

And it is only valid for someone in the Northeast so the cars can meet in person. You're over in Cali so you don't count :P
I’m compelled to step in here because the allegation is demonstrably false. The esteemed member to which you’re referring posts with almost equal frequency about how the M4 GTS amounts to a pile of possum shit being shoveled around a race track

You should issue a retraction and an apology.

Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11479.50
Powerslide1096.50
      06-21-2019, 01:08 PM   #41
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
I’m compelled to step in here because the allegation is demonstrably false. The esteemed member to which you’re referring posts with almost equal frequency about how the M4 GTS amounts to a pile of possum shit being shoveled around a race track

You should issue a retraction and an apology.
You're right, fortunately they are blocked so I only see the comments when someone else quotes them
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 01:11 PM   #42
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're right, fortunately they are blocked so I only see the comments when someone else quotes them
didn't know this was an option.........

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 01:23 PM   #43
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: C6Z

Quote:

As luck would have it, my older brother is in toronto and has a 981 gt4. You could say we are a family of p car trolls?!

Could you then pay for both our track fees and then we can meet up at Mosport or Tremblant or WGi, etc?

Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11479.50
      06-21-2019, 01:31 PM   #44
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaMMM View Post
didn't know this was an option.........
Go to user control panel, edit ignore list and add them.

I still believe they should simply be banned.
a person who intentionally antagonizes others online by posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content
Appreciate 1
Powerslide1096.50