Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-28-2021, 06:44 AM   #45
N44RP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlook637 View Post
^ tunes also have different exhaust valve settings which greatly controls sound / enjoyment.

I ran a OTS CS tune which I then adjusted the exhaust valves to be more open but not wide open unless WOT above 4000RPM. Now I have the multimap and don't like the sounds. The burble might be better rumble but its less pronounced / loud
How do you adjust the exhaust flap opening? Can you do it in percentages of open? 100% being fully open and so on
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 03:15 PM   #46
Shubacca
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36/7 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44RP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlook637 View Post
^ tunes also have different exhaust valve settings which greatly controls sound / enjoyment.

I ran a OTS CS tune which I then adjusted the exhaust valves to be more open but not wide open unless WOT above 4000RPM. Now I have the multimap and don't like the sounds. The burble might be better rumble but its less pronounced / loud
How do you adjust the exhaust flap opening? Can you do it in percentages of open? 100% being fully open and so on
I don't know how that dude said he was able to "partially open" the valves. Unless there's some magic to be done in the custom tuning realm…I certainly have not done anything with map editing.

For config of OTS maps, you get OEM, Open, Closed, and Original.

OEM opens with respect to gear, speed and throttle request. Open and closed are obvious. Original uses whatever was set in the OTS map.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 05:41 PM   #47
N44RP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubacca View Post
I don't know how that dude said he was able to "partially open" the valves. Unless there's some magic to be done in the custom tuning realm…I certainly have not done anything with map editing.

For config of OTS maps, you get OEM, Open, Closed, and Original.

OEM opens with respect to gear, speed and throttle request. Open and closed are obvious. Original uses whatever was set in the OTS map.
Thank you for this, I got my hopes up with the partial stuff lol
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 11:04 AM   #48
Colorado_Koi
Registered
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 2016

For anyone who stumbled on this. Some anecdotal experience for you all:
I went to a local performance shop and got the OTS Stage 1 tune for my 2016 F82 M4.

Without turning on anything else I now have burbles when I'm in sport mode if I let my foot off the acceleration as it slows/downshifts. They're pretty brief and while I'm not normally a "burble" guy they don't sound too bad or too aggressive. But I am going to spend some time playing around with the settings a bit more. I didn't realize that the OTS Stage 1 would introduce them.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 06:27 AM   #49
Dappa44
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F83

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I’m looking at buying the bootmod 3 for stage 1 and gearbox flash. I’d also like to add burbles. My car is a base m4 with no upgrades so my question is, is it worth it if I have no intention of upgrading internals?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2022, 06:43 AM   #50
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappa44 View Post
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I’m looking at buying the bootmod 3 for stage 1 and gearbox flash. I’d also like to add burbles. My car is a base m4 with no upgrades so my question is, is it worth it if I have no intention of upgrading internals?
Yes, even if you don't want to run stage 1, you can run a CS tune for a little bit of extra power and then it gives you the options to turn on/off things like rev match, cold start, start up roar, exhaust flaps, and burbles. It was worth it to me for those things even without the engine tune.
      09-15-2022, 04:02 PM   #51
nick_xd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappa44 View Post
Stage 1 tune is a crazy difference compared to stock even with no upgraded internals. Drives like a different car, definitely worth it. Also easy to change to CS / stock tune on the fly when using the OTS multimap if you decide you don't want the extra power.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 01:53 PM   #52
NathObeaN
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubacca View Post
PTF got back to me. I've been told that the custom burble setting in the config menu are only applied to map slot 1, NOT all 4 maps. This is contrary to what I've seen with respect to min and max RPM - those are certainly applied to all 4 maps. Seems pretty short-sighted to not have the config settings apply to all maps slots, they specifically say that the CEL and other items on that page are applied across all 4, why in the heck would the burble not be? Seems off.

They also cited the CustomROM Release note from June 16, 2021, which I read in its entirety before buying the multimap. It has no mention of what specific config setting are applied in what manner.
I know this is old, but do you know if this is still the case? I’m having a lengthy back and forth with PTF because no matter what I change with the exhaust bundle settings across the 4 maps, it only seems to make a difference to map 1.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2023, 06:23 PM   #53
dylanwilson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Hmm. Even though you have a base m4 you should still get burbles.. I have a base m4 and yes I do have a non-resonated straight pipe exhaust but no tune and i get some insane burbles sometimes....
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2023, 08:52 PM   #54
Vader_330i
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBulletLV View Post
Thanks, I have tried to play around with the custom settings, but could not get it exactly right. Unlike many people, I am a big fan of aggressive burbles. The OTS is the perfect level of obnoxiousness IMO.
The aggressive burbles are soooo nice! Can you just buy a bootmod 3 thing off of the internet and it comes to your house or do you have to go to a tuning place to get a bootmod3 tune? I love the burbles and already like the stock burbles on my competition spec but I would like to go one step further, i have booked the car in for a stage 2 tune and for a bootmod3 tune as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 10:38 AM   #55
SoundQ2
Rep
Drives: 17 Porsche 911, 18 BMW M4 Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebiker View Post
Not to thread-jack but can someone confirm that non-comp OEM (eg. Non modded) F8x's don't have burbles? A few on this thread have indicated that, but I've had my 2016 F83 for a few years now and it has very subtle burbles when letting off the gas. I am the 2nd owner, and it was CPO when I bought it so I assumed that it was not tuned. I also checked with the bootmod folks to see if my VIN was on record with them, but it wasn't. I am happy with the subtlety of my burbles so I'm not looking to change anything but now I'm curious if the car has some other tune that I am not aware of. Thanks
I have an '18 M4 (build date 5-17) No burbles...Oh it's NOT a CP. I would like burbles but every "tune" i find is over $600 so I'll pass. I have BimmerCode app but that codes "convenience" things like iDrive off when opening door (don't have to push the start button twice) and other things. Nothing for exhaust or engine mods. But it also only cost's about $30 (plus an OBlink interface).

Still searching for a cheap CP tune if it's possible.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2023, 03:22 AM   #56
snakes1021
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M4 CS/ 440I gran coupe

Reviving................

need some suggestions or if anyone knows the actual answer.

I was running stage 2 93 OTS tune and liked the burbles. a bit much on a cold start but do able. I recently changed to Jordan OTS+ pro tune and burbles died down. Id like to get close to or back to the BM3 OTS settings.

Any idea where to start? I really dont want to flash it 27 times trying to figure it out.
Appreciate 0