Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-02-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
vasi_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ex- 2015 M3... now '16 M3 ZCP

Buying MPerformance HAS sleeve kit - resale

I've been looking to buy the MPerformance HAS kit for a while now "second hand" either in new condition or lightly used but they're impossible to find.

Anyone know why that might be? Are people not buying them? or those that are buying are keeping them on?

The KW option along with other vendors that offer this type of solution are a dime a dozen, and apparently not as good as the BMW ones.

So if anyone has a Mperformance one they do not want and want to sell it shoot me a PM.

Thanks for participating.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2017, 07:14 PM   #2
Racer20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 228i THP, E46 ZHP

The MPerf kit is relatively new, and expensive for what you get. The HAS is the easiest cheapest way to lower the car and it has been around for a long time, so there will be more of them out there. From many accounts, the HAS is not that great, hence lots of sales of people going full C/O or reverting to stock. The MP kit has gotten pretty good reviews so far.
      10-03-2017, 03:00 PM   #3
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
The MPerf kit is relatively new, and expensive for what you get. The HAS is the easiest cheapest way to lower the car and it has been around for a long time, so there will be more of them out there. From many accounts, it's also not that great, hence lots of sales of people going full C/O or reverting to stock.
The MP HAS and flash to the latest i-step has transformed my MY16 LCI M3 it's now a stonking car, it's not cheap but it transformed my car.
      10-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #4
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

I'm generalizing here, but the crowd buying the BMW HAS is likely a little older and more affluent and willing to spend the money to get something BMW branded, with warranty, and that focuses more on a comfort/performance balance rather than max lowering. These people will likely keep the BMW HAS on for the life of the car until they sell it.

The crowd buying something like the KW HAS is looking for a bang for your buck type of product that lowers the vehicle substantially and with the secondary consideration being ride comfort. These people are more likely to regret that decision and decide to return to stock or upgrade to a higher quality product.

One again I am generalizing here but doubt I am far off
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 08:30 PM   #5
vasi_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
I'm generalizing here, but the crowd buying the BMW HAS is likely a little older and more affluent and willing to spend the money to get something BMW branded, with warranty, and that focuses more on a comfort/performance balance rather than max lowering. These people will likely keep the BMW HAS on for the life of the car until they sell it.

The crowd buying something like the KW HAS is looking for a bang for your buck type of product that lowers the vehicle substantially and with the secondary consideration being ride comfort. These people are more likely to regret that decision and decide to return to stock or upgrade to a higher quality product.

One again I am generalizing here but doubt I am far off
Sure, anything is possible. KW part is about $750 and BMW is $1050, technically not a deal breaker for someone that can afford an M3 and a spends thousands on carbon fiber parts just because....still hopeful on the BMW Kit though, it will pop up on of these days
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2017, 07:48 AM   #6
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasi_M3 View Post
Sure, anything is possible. KW part is about $750 and BMW is $1050, technically not a deal breaker for someone that can afford an M3 and a spends thousands on carbon fiber parts just because....still hopeful on the BMW Kit though, it will pop up on of these days
True maybe the price of the kit itself isnt materially different, but if you factor in having the dealership install it, code it, align it compared to perhaps an indy shop or DIY thats where the cost can really increase. Like I said Im just theorizing
Appreciate 1
vasi_M3115.50
      10-05-2017, 10:00 AM   #7
vasi_M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
True maybe the price of the kit itself isnt materially different, but if you factor in having the dealership install it, code it, align it compared to perhaps an indy shop or DIY thats where the cost can really increase. Like I said Im just theorizing
Quote:
Quote:
I?m actually staying away from the dealer for the install, they overcharge for the quality of work they provide. Most reputable Indy shops now have the same labor rate as dealers, some even higher but at least I feel like they have more experience with the aftermarket work and I don?t have to pay for them using me as a guinea pig.
Appreciate 0