Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

09-25-2021, 07:41 PM   #1
F80_Bryan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP Alpine white

CarPlay issue - Connection issue

I have the factory installed Apple CarPlay from a 2017 M3 with a build date of 07/16. It doesn't always auto-connect or it's hard for it to find the device. I'm not sure if this is a common issue it just has been getting frustrating. It also doesn't always connect through the menu and says no connection found. I've tried doing hard resets and it will help for a little then next time I go in the car it doesn't work again. Anyone with a similar problem or who knows a way to troubleshoot this issue would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if it's a firmware issue or if it is a common problem in general. Thanks in advance
IG:jetpuffed.m3
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2021, 08:57 PM   #2
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_Bryan View Post
I have the factory installed Apple CarPlay from a 2017 M3 with a build date of 07/16. It doesn't always auto-connect or it's hard for it to find the device. I'm not sure if this is a common issue it just has been getting frustrating. It also doesn't always connect through the menu and says no connection found. I've tried doing hard resets and it will help for a little then next time I go in the car it doesn't work again. Anyone with a similar problem or who knows a way to troubleshoot this issue would be greatly appreciated. Not sure if it's a firmware issue or if it is a common problem in general. Thanks in advance
You can dealer if you still have warranty - they should update your firmware, which may help.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 12:26 AM   #3
F80_Bryan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP Alpine white

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
You can dealer if you still have warranty - they should update your firmware, which may help.
I'm thinking it probably needs a firmware update, and I'm out of warranty. I was planning on getting full-screen car play anyways. I will hit you up about that
IG:jetpuffed.m3
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 07:30 AM   #4
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Did you confirm you have the WiFi antenna installed? You need to take the HU out to check for it. Made a world of difference in terms of connectivity.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2021, 10:46 AM   #5
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M71 View Post
Did you confirm you have the WiFi antenna installed? You need to take the HU out to check for it. Made a world of difference in terms of connectivity.
If CarPlay is from factory, then it has WiFi antenna fitted.
Appreciate 0