Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

06-25-2017, 02:31 PM   #23
DBRO16
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm3f80 View Post
Hi to everyone,

i have 2015 BMW M3 F80 with about 3000 miles (Stock-no mods). Last Friday i got check engine light, so i took my car to BMW dealer. Service manager told me that it was software bug issue so, They perform software updated. It took them about 3 hrs for software update. finally i got my car back....

original version: F020-14-11-502
New update version: F020-16-03-501

what i noticed

In both sports and comfort mode exhaust sounds different for original sound. i hear lots of metallic rattling noise coming from exhaust. i hear turbo valves adjusting when i first turn on the car (i am not sure if its normal), all i know that i didn't here this before update.

has anyone experience these issues after upgrade? if so, what has been done fix it?

I have asked BMW dealer that it doesn't sound like my original car so they need revert change back. (Which they don't know how too).

Please help.
Did you ever fix the exhaust rattle? I had that on cold start up or under full throttle for the first year I owned the car and thought it was the way the car was supposed to sound. Turns out one of the valves in the exhaust was staying closed as opposed to opening which happens on cold start or in the sport plus modes. The connector that controls it, on one side, was loose. Once secured the rattle problem was fixed though it has spontaneously loosened on its own at times.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #24
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr006rbc View Post
Please help? They gave you the latest software; I think they're done helping you. You can't revert back to a lower software level..
Sure you can.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2017, 08:57 AM   #25
Evren
Second Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 Coupe

What do you think about custom software?
I am interested evolve software but not decided yet. I also want to load xpipe and downpipe with software.
Appreciate 0