European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

07-27-2021, 08:11 PM   #10297
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maboomba View Post
Thanks for offering but I must pass. I have come to appreciate the G80 but BMW jumped the shark with the G82. (I believe the market agrees - G82s are more available and have deeper discounts than the G80.)
It was the same way for the F80. I think it was 4 M4s to every M3 on the production line?

It's why I had to wait 4 months to get my M3 allocation.

I have not seen (in person or on the website) a G80 at the dealership. They've all been M4s.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 08:15 PM   #10298
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i, 2018 911 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I/we are seriously rooting for you bro. We're all hoping to hear some good P-Car news from you in the coming days.

I went to Porsche Marin this afternoon to test some seats. I was able to sit in the 2-way Sport Seats Plus, 18-way Adaptive Sport Seats Plus and 14-way Sport Seats. I preferred them in that order. The SS+ worked for me; the SS side bolsters were too cushioned and pressed on my torso which bothered me. That means the $60K Cayman S in Palm Springs is off my list unfortunately...

Here's some eye candy for you all
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
Sedan_Clan25113.50
stein_325i25083.00
Jockey3451.00
WWM3968.00
02M3ForMe4261.50
      07-27-2021, 08:23 PM   #10299
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
I/we are seriously rooting for you bro. We're all hoping to hear some good P-Car news from you in the coming days.

I went to Porsche Marin this afternoon to test some seats. I was able to sit in the 2-way Sport Seats Plus, 18-way Adaptive Sport Seats Plus and 14-way Sport Seats. I preferred them in that order. The SS+ worked for me; the SS side bolsters were too cushioned and pressed on my torso which bothered me. That means the $60K Cayman S in Palm Springs is off my list unfortunately...

My Carrera S is coming with the 4-way adjustable seats. I didn't really care for the more adjustable variants.
Appreciate 1
Thescout134947.00
      07-27-2021, 08:44 PM   #10300
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
My buddy got back to me. The next batch of allocations at his dealership will be for November production, so a December/January delivery.
I can't remember if that is late or not... hm...

So their first batch is spoken for I am assuming.

The widest seats for Porsche are the ones that you cannot adjust the most. 2 or 4 way are the most simple because the side boosters aren't adjustable, they aren't adjustable because there aren't air cushion on the side to "hug" you. 18 is the least because their is an air cushion there.

Some dealerships will suggest you get 14 or 18 because of their own resale value reasons but I would suggest to try to fight against that suggestion because I have honestly RARELY ever overly adjusted my 14-way.
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-27-2021, 08:47 PM   #10301
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

To his credit, the salesman at Porsche Marin actually recommended the 2-way SS+ as his pick based on their softness versus the 18-way ASS+ ( 😂 ) and the fact it would save you $3K-$5K.

I think "2 way" and "4 way" refer to the same seats.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 08:48 PM   #10302
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades View Post
Quote:
My buddy got back to me. The next batch of allocations at his dealership will be for November production, so a December/January delivery.
I can't remember if that is late or not... hm...

So their first batch is spoken for I am assuming.

The widest seats for Porsche are the ones that you cannot adjust the most. 2 or 4 way are the most simple because the side boosters aren't adjustable, they aren't adjustable because there aren't air cushion on the side to "hug" you. 18 is the least because their is an air cushion there.

Some dealerships will suggest you get 14 or 18 because of their own resale value reasons but I would suggest to try to fight against that suggestion because I have honestly RARELY ever overly adjusted my 14-way.
Yeah, the current allocations are all spoken for.

My Porsche S/A didn't bring up the seats, but the GSM (…also a friend of my BMW connect) asked me why I didn't opt for the PSE. I told him I didn't care for the oval tips and much preferred the quad tips.
Appreciate 2
Arcades8174.00
pbar1400.00
      07-27-2021, 09:08 PM   #10303
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

My Porsche S/A didn't bring up the seats, but the GSM (…also a friend of my BMW connect) asked me why I didn't opt for the PSE. I told him I didn't care for the oval tips and much preferred the quad tips.
I'm indifferent to the tips thing lol.

I think I gotten used to the oval ones only because I like the look on some Audi cars so, it looks okay for me. However, if you plan on shoving something like Akrapovic or something then getting PSE doesn't make a lot of sense.

The seat suggestion is really persona choice. Do not let Rennlist steer you because they gotten into arguments over seat choices. The CA is correct but some cannot tell the difference. Sport Seat and Sport Seat Plus have a minor difference in cushioning generally they are mostly the same.

The difference comes at Power Sport Seats 14-way and the 2/18-Way Sport Seat Plus.

Again, it is a personal choice.
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-27-2021, 09:14 PM   #10304
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

My Carrera S is coming with the 4-way adjustable seats. I didn't really care for more adjustable variants.
Mine too
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-27-2021, 09:19 PM   #10305
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I think I gotten used to the oval ones only because I like the look on some Audi cars so, it looks okay for me. However, if you plan on shoving something like Akrapovic or something then getting PSE doesn't make a lot of sense.

The seat suggestion is really persona choice. Do not let Rennlist steer you because they gotten into arguments over seat choices. The CA is correct but some cannot tell the difference. Sport Seat and Sport Seat Plus have a minor difference in cushioning generally they are mostly the same.

The difference comes at Power Sport Seats 14-way and the 2/18-Way Sport Seat Plus.

I try to take the RennList suggestions with a grain of salt. Some of those guys need sedatives.

Thescout13 …did you get the 4-way regular or Plus seats?
Appreciate 1
Arcades8174.00
      07-27-2021, 09:26 PM   #10306
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I try to take the RennList suggestions with a grain of salt. Some of those guys need sedatives.

4 way sport plus. The regular seats look too plain and they are really uncomfortable for someone my height. The sport plus seats are perfect.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-27-2021, 09:30 PM   #10307
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

4 way sport plus. The regular seats look too plain and they are really uncomfortable for someone my height. The sport plus seats are perfect.
I added the embossed Porsche logos to spice them up. What drew me away from the Sport Plus seats were the gray plastic seat backs.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 09:45 PM   #10308
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I added the embossed Porsche logos to spice them up. What drew me away from the Sport Plus seats were the gray plastic seat backs.
I did sport plus seats with the embossed logo. Don't care what color the back is as I'll never have to see it. The look, comfort, and support competed to the base seats is what did it for me. The lateral support in the base seats suck for my body type
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-27-2021, 09:48 PM   #10309
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I did sport plus seats with the embossed logo. Don't care what color the back is as I'll never have to see it. The look, comfort, and support competed to the base seats is what did it for me. The lateral support in the base seats suck for my body type
I wish I has been able to drive cars equipped with both seats.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 09:54 PM   #10310
Multimodal
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You've got to find a dealership with them and sit in them before your build is finalized. Every body is different.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-27-2021, 10:13 PM   #10311
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You've got to find a dealership with them and sit in them before your build is finalized. Every body is different.
There's just no way to really do that. No Carrera's are in stock anywhere, and the one 992 I test drove had the 4-way regular seats. Based on that test drive I'm definitely okay with them. The other Carrera's with the upgraded seats were already sold/ordered cars, or in the case of the Carmine Red 992 I wanted to drive, it sold to the gentlemen who test drove it before I arrived.
Appreciate 2
Arcades8174.00
Thescout134947.00
      07-27-2021, 10:17 PM   #10312
icegrill
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Say "allocation" again mf'r
Appreciate 7
stein_325i25083.00
minn1914037.50
Sedan_Clan25113.50
Arcades8174.00
Jockey3451.00
Tecnniqe4197.00
      07-27-2021, 10:24 PM   #10313
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by icegrill View Post
Say "allocation" again mf'r
I effing dare u!
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-27-2021, 10:36 PM   #10314
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep

Garage List
I wish they gave the seats they put in for the GT2 RS.

It is a mixture of Bucket seats and the 2-way. Would have ordered it on the spot and go even further from my price point I set for myself.
Sedan_Clan25113.50
      07-27-2021, 10:47 PM   #10315
kyrix1st
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87 M2; E92M3 MT&DCT; M3 euro

Garage List
2004 BMW Z4  [0.00]
I expressed this before but MT variants of G80 M3/4 are still good value for money, and I have a hunch G87 MT will be fantastic value.
Major issues I have with G8x are ZF8 variants, they don't belong in sports cars.
WWM3968.00
      07-27-2021, 10:50 PM   #10316
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I wish they gave the seats they put in for the GT2 RS.

It is a mixture of Bucket seats and the 2-way. Would have ordered it on the spot and go even further from my price point I set for myself.
I've never sat in those, but the 991 GT3 seats that I sat in a couple of weeks ago were excellent.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 11:14 PM   #10317
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Any updates or new thoughts on the ownership experience?? Love hearing your input
Hey thanks a lot, glad I could be of some help!

The damned car is just a crusher performance wise. The acceleration hasn't got old yet, and it just handles so sharp. I haven't used launch control yet as I'm concerned something will get logged before I hit the 1,200 mile servicing, but I can't wait to let that rip in a parking lot/track once I pass the servicing. I have not been babying the car, I've got around 800 miles on it now and have been past 4krpms probably every time I've driven the car. It's just so damned smooth and so damned powerful, it reminds of those roller coasters (Mr. Freeze comes to mind) where you're at a stand still, and the huge rush of power feels like it will never end and it's just SMOOTH. It's definitely not a "raw" car which is what most car people want. It's ridiculously refined, so much so that if you turn off the stupid motor sounds through the speakers it's unbelievably quiet.

The interior is fantastic, and so far the bolster on the carbon seat looks like day 1. I clean the entire interior down once a week with warm microfiber towels, so the alcantara in the seats will look good for years. I'm definitely planning on getting the V2 steering wheel soon, but in all honesty the stock wheel is wonderful so I'm in no hurry. The car has been 100% trouble free (which it should be of course), and I look forward to putting it on the road for long trips to Miami and back because I think it's just going to destroy the pavement. It's definitely a big car, but I like how the doors are shorter than the F82s so I don't feel like I'm going to crush the car parked next to me every time I get out of the car lol. The car masks the weight tremendously well, I know some people won't believe it but until you drive the car it's honestly true. I don't know how the hell they did it, and of course a more capable driver on a track will be able to pick apart the weight. However for somebody like me who might go once or twice a year, but spend the rest of the time tooling around public roads, the car drives great and I don't notice the extra weight.

As I've said before however, it simply cannot outrun the ugly. I've decided against wrapping it in Miami Blue for now, as I think with the outrageous grills I'm going to look like a complete moron screaming LOOK AT ME if I change it to a color like MB. The Alpine White has really grown on me, it's like an enamel and I love it. I'm looking forward to putting some matching sized black wheels on it with fatter tires, a drop, and then carbon all around once Vorsteiner or another company starts making parts. I think with nice black wheels that fill up the arches, have the proper offsets, and dumping the car will help tremendously. The gloss black crap HAS to go. I park mine in a garage of course, but anybody who would park this car outside at home or for work is going to have water spots and all kinds of other crud baked into those gloss parts. Gloss, I still can't believe they went that way when I look at the car lol.

I will say unless people are outright lying, the people who randomly approach me about the car love the thing. It gets attention, but certainly not the universal attention and gawking my YMB F82 did. So far only one guy I've seen taking pictures/videos, while the old car it was a near daily occurrence. There's no doubt a well decked out F82 has more road presence, it just does and nobody is going to convince me otherwise. I still don't subscribe at all to the idea that the F82 is "dated". The only people who think that know the natural progression of the model line, and owning the G82 hasn't changed my mind about that at all. While the interior of the G82 is better, I'd rather have the old gauges from the F82 as the RPMs are just not easy to figure out on the screen. If I was working on the LCI version, fixing the gauges would be a huge priority, maybe #1. They really are lacking, but everything else is awesome. All modes/options/features are intuitive and easy to figure out and the nav screen/navigation is flawless.

So I hope that helps! I think I've decided to stick with Alpine White and I'm going to go the storm trooper look. White with black has always been a favorite of mine and until now, I've never done it. Figure now is a good time.

Finally, for your viewing displeasure:
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
RugbyBro7601.50
Jockey3451.00
Sedan_Clan25113.50
02M3ForMe4261.50
Tecnniqe4197.00
minn1914037.50
FormulaMMM3662.50
      07-27-2021, 11:27 PM   #10318
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
Any updates or new thoughts on the ownership experience?? Love hearing your input
Hey thanks a lot, glad I could be of some help!

The damned car is just a crusher performance wise. The acceleration hasn't got old yet, and it just handles so sharp. I haven't used launch control yet as I'm concerned something will get logged before I hit the 1,200 mile servicing, but I can't wait to let that rip in a parking lot/track once I pass the servicing. I have not been babying the car, I've got around 800 miles on it now and have been past 4krpms probably every time I've driven the car. It's just so damned smooth and so damned powerful, it reminds of those roller coasters (Mr. Freeze comes to mind) where you're at a stand still, and the huge rush of power feels like it will never end and it's just SMOOTH. It's definitely not a "raw" car which is what most car people want. It's ridiculously refined, so much so that if you turn off the stupid motor sounds through the speakers it's unbelievably quiet.

The interior is fantastic, and so far the bolster on the carbon seat looks like day 1. I clean the entire interior down once a week with warm microfiber towels, so the alcantara in the seats will look good for years. I'm definitely planning on getting the V2 steering wheel soon, but in all honesty the stock wheel is wonderful so I'm in no hurry. The car has been 100% trouble free (which it should be of course), and I look forward to putting it on the road for long trips to Miami and back because I think it's just going to destroy the pavement. It's definitely a big car, but I like how the doors are shorter than the F82s so I don't feel like I'm going to crush the car parked next to me every time I get out of the car lol. The car masks the weight tremendously well, I know some people won't believe it but until you drive the car it's honestly true. I don't know how the hell they did it, and of course a more capable driver on a track will be able to pick apart the weight. However for somebody like me who might go once or twice a year, but spend the rest of the time tooling around public roads, the car drives great and I don't notice the extra weight.

As I've said before however, it simply cannot outrun the ugly. I've decided against wrapping it in Miami Blue for now, as I think with the outrageous grills I'm going to look like a complete moron screaming LOOK AT ME if I change it to a color like MB. The Alpine White has really grown on me, it's like an enamel and I love it. I'm looking forward to putting some matching sized black wheels on it with fatter tires, a drop, and then carbon all around once Vorsteiner or another company starts making parts. I think with nice black wheels that fill up the arches, have the proper offsets, and dumping the car will help tremendously. The gloss black crap HAS to go. I park mine in a garage of course, but anybody who would park this car outside at home or for work is going to have water spots and all kinds of other crud baked into those gloss parts. Gloss, I still can't believe they went that way when I look at the car lol.

I will say unless people are outright lying, the people who randomly approach me about the car love the thing. It gets attention, but certainly not the universal attention and gawking my YMB F82 did. So far only one guy I've seen taking pictures/videos, while the old car it was a near daily occurrence. There's no doubt a well decked out F82 has more road presence, it just does and nobody is going to convince me otherwise. I still don't subscribe at all to the idea that the F82 is "dated". The only people who think that know the natural progression of the model line, and owning the G82 hasn't changed my mind about that at all. While the interior of the G82 is better, I'd rather have the old gauges from the F82 as the RPMs are just not easy to figure out on the screen. If I was working on the LCI version, fixing the gauges would be a huge priority, maybe #1. They really are lacking, but everything else is awesome. All modes/options/features are intuitive and easy to figure out and the nav screen/navigation is flawless.

So I hope that helps! I think I've decided to stick with Alpine White and I'm going to go the storm trooper look. White with black has always been a favorite of mine and until now, I've never done it. Figure now is a good time.

Finally, for your viewing displeasure:
Great write-up! Painting the gloss black parts would change the look dramatically. I'm still waiting for somebody to perform that aesthetic modification. Trail-blaze bro, trail blaze (…the yellow Dubai sedan doesn't count).
Appreciate 2
NickyC17484.50
02M3ForMe4261.50