Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

10-24-2020, 02:09 PM   #1
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8

BMW Bridgewater

Not sure if anyone has worked with bmw bridgewater, but I'd stay away.

I went a few years back and had a very rude salesman. I figured why not reach out to get a lease quote, hoping for a better experience 3 years later. An internet manager (whatever that is) wrote back he was insulted with my 11% offer on a 21' build X4m and gave me a lecture about how supply and demand works, how these cars are so high demand and I should come back with a better offer. I work on wall street but thanks.

Anyways, never had that experience, curious as to others.

Last edited by F82Tazmanian; 10-24-2020 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
arashir164.00
      10-24-2020, 06:37 PM   #2
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

You know when they are coming at you with that kind of defensiveness that they are either having some emotional attachment to your negotiation, or they just think that's a tactic that's going to work often enough that it's worth it.

It's not excuseable though, and I've had my own share of bad behavior from salespeople. One time years ago BMW sent me a card that invited me to test drive the brand new model 7 series and salesman was immediately hassling me about why I was there if I didn't want to buy a car. I'm guessing I was probably the 50th person in there with that test drive invitation card. Well I ordered an M4 a few years later but not from that dealer.

Another time when I was shopping for the M4 the salesman started the negotiation at 3k off msrp, which is around what all the dealers do here to start off anyway. Seems when he realized that I wanted to order a car and not buy one on the lot he got upset and rescinded the 3k off and just for fun I asked him if he would take 2k off and he huffed a big no. Guess he must have known I was walking off the lot at that point.

I think a lot of them try to come at you lecturing as a show of "strength" of their negotiating position. They think that if they can come at you so strongly, risk insulting you, that you're more likely to think "oh they are not going to negotiate, look how strong they are, I must be too far off." I don't know who that works on, but it doesn't work on me and just makes me not want to do business with them.

I think they are banking on the customer not having the mental energy to put the effort in to shop around, and them acting like shopping around is some kind of crime is pretty funny.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 07:40 PM   #3
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

I get the same crap from Brunswick Toyota, told them so any times and excuses that I'm not interested in purchasing any vehicles at the current moment and they won't take no for an answer. Same ring at leaves me a email and voicemail to an extent I told them I'm currently in a downturn and they told me they would buy my car so I can purchase a newer one . I'm like if I sell you my car, where will I sleep and hung up. These persistent sales team is so annoying and would never recommend to go to these type of dealerships.

As far as supply and demand works, let them know yes I see clearly how long the cars in your lots are just sitting there too.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 07:56 PM   #4
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Honestly the shadier dealers hate guys like us who negotiate virtually.

I despise going to buy a car in person. When i was looking, Bloomfield told me they had a car in stock that i was interested in. The morning of, i called again to confirm and they said yes. Got there and it was no where to be found and they try to sell me a m340 instead. Free time is sparse already and i was pretty pissed wasting an entire morning.
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2020, 10:24 PM   #5
brocurls
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Mazdarati

I had a crap time with BMW of Rockville in Maryland.

Right off the bat he was combative, "We are 3 dealerships, all our cars are owned outright, we do not care how long these cars sit on our lot. We move volume so we are not going to handicap ourselves to make a sale. We give you a price and it's either you take it or you go on towards a cheaper manufacturer or cheaper car."

Guy literally quoted over $1200 on a X3M40i. All I said was you gotta be kidding me. And then he went into his mini-tirade.

DD: 2020 Mazda CrystalWhite CX-5 GT w/PP
Wife's: 2023 Audi S5 Sportback DistrictGreen Premium Plus w/Blk Optic Package
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 08:19 AM   #6
clutchdj
Colonel
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Fvck that looser. Insulted by your offer did he really put that in writing. It’s not like you asked for his woman too. Maybe it’s the first car he has ever sold.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 08:41 AM   #7
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Paste his email on google reviews followed by one from a dealer who accepts your offer.
Appreciate 1
      10-25-2020, 01:12 PM   #8
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashir View Post
You know when they are coming at you with that kind of defensiveness that they are either having some emotional attachment to your negotiation, or they just think that's a tactic that's going to work often enough that it's worth it.

It's not excuseable though, and I've had my own share of bad behavior from salespeople. One time years ago BMW sent me a card that invited me to test drive the brand new model 7 series and salesman was immediately hassling me about why I was there if I didn't want to buy a car. I'm guessing I was probably the 50th person in there with that test drive invitation card. Well I ordered an M4 a few years later but not from that dealer.

Another time when I was shopping for the M4 the salesman started the negotiation at 3k off msrp, which is around what all the dealers do here to start off anyway. Seems when he realized that I wanted to order a car and not buy one on the lot he got upset and rescinded the 3k off and just for fun I asked him if he would take 2k off and he huffed a big no. Guess he must have known I was walking off the lot at that point.

I think a lot of them try to come at you lecturing as a show of "strength" of their negotiating position. They think that if they can come at you so strongly, risk insulting you, that you're more likely to think "oh they are not going to negotiate, look how strong they are, I must be too far off." I don't know who that works on, but it doesn't work on me and just makes me not want to do business with them.

I think they are banking on the customer not having the mental energy to put the effort in to shop around, and them acting like shopping around is some kind of crime is pretty funny.
Im not sure what he was trying to accomplish. Some weird power play lol.

Wow that sounds like an annoying experience if you were just curious to drive the car.

It must be a negotiating tactic in his head because that stuff doesn't fly at this level. Maybe at a honda dealership but I've not had such a freaking out response. Not only that, the audacity to lecture me. I dont think any of us need advice on how to negotiate or understand economics.
Appreciate 1
arashir164.00
      10-25-2020, 01:13 PM   #9
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatLyfe View Post
I get the same crap from Brunswick Toyota, told them so any times and excuses that I'm not interested in purchasing any vehicles at the current moment and they won't take no for an answer. Same ring at leaves me a email and voicemail to an extent I told them I'm currently in a downturn and they told me they would buy my car so I can purchase a newer one . I'm like if I sell you my car, where will I sleep and hung up. These persistent sales team is so annoying and would never recommend to go to these type of dealerships.

As far as supply and demand works, let them know yes I see clearly how long the cars in your lots are just sitting there too.
Don't even get me started on brunswick toyota. They literally NEVER stop calling, that's why I can't stand non luxury brands anymore. Just block the number I guess in that case.

Exactly, if a car is sitting there is no supply demand lecture needed. This is an order, but still.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 01:15 PM   #10
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brocurls View Post
I had a crap time with BMW of Rockville in Maryland.

Right off the bat he was combative, "We are 3 dealerships, all our cars are owned outright, we do not care how long these cars sit on our lot. We move volume so we are not going to handicap ourselves to make a sale. We give you a price and it's either you take it or you go on towards a cheaper manufacturer or cheaper car."

Guy literally quoted over $1200 on a X3M40i. All I said was you gotta be kidding me. And then he went into his mini-tirade.
I tried to inquire about an RS5 at audi rockville, was a poor experience and they kept trying to send me an online deal tool. Bizarre.

LOL, 1200 on an x3m40i. There really must be a market of idiots who blindly buy these cars. I can never understand the logic of people with money don't care. The wealthy family friends I have are crazy cheap and fight to the death for deals. But dealers will say oh yea people just buy them.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 01:18 PM   #11
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
Fvck that looser. Insulted by your offer did he really put that in writing. It's not like you asked for his woman too. Maybe it's the first car he has ever sold.
Literally a clown. He wrote "Im insulted that you would offer 11%" as if this joker has any stake in the business. 15 min after he wrote back saying sorry blah blah, just come back with a real offer and we can make a deal.

Clearly a poorly veiled "apology" to insinuate I need to be realistic and pay 1200 panamera prices on this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 09:34 PM   #12
F82Tazmanian
Captain
Rep

And I just put in an order 11% off. Life is good. Well officially tomorrow
Appreciate 3
arashir164.00
clutchdj1872.50
m4dman40.00
      10-27-2020, 07:04 PM   #13
m4dman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Tazmanian View Post
@F82Tazmanian

How did you negotiate in person or virtual? Haha you should share some tactics !
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 08:00 PM   #14
White340
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp / 2022 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by F82Tazmanian View Post
Send him the order while apologize for insulting him.
Appreciate 1