ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > M3/M4 versus...

07-19-2020, 11:47 AM   #23
uncle ben
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

I feel like it’s awkward when anyone try’s to race, bike, car, minivan. But it’s going to happen, you just have to mind your own business and resist the temptation. But sometimes it feels good to gap that dumb bitch Karen in her 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. Not today Karen!
Appreciate 3
PhatLyfe985.00
HotRodM4685.50
      07-21-2020, 08:47 PM   #24
tanmanbih
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 - YMB

Damn., So much hate for motorcycles in this thread!

I ride a ninja and got to say that a lot of these motorcyclists like me are just trying to have fun on the road. In my opinion, a lot of bikers are car enthusiast+ adrenaline junkiee.. They don't do it to shame you.. They are merely just trying to give you a compliment and see if you are up for a ride. or what your car has.. There is a reason why motorcyclist give a sign to each other whether they are Harley or a crotch rocket..its literally just a way of acknowledging each other.. and that's what they do when they see a beautiful m3,m4 or a car they adore.. THEY ARE FULLY AWARE THEY WILL TOAST YOU...

AND TRUST ME!!! just as much as you are annoyed with them they are also as annoyed when EVERY freaking car that is trying to race them for no reason disregarding their safety! More cars try to race a motorcycle compared to driving an m3 or m4.. females flash motorcycles.. I havent gotten that on an m4 so far lol
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 03:44 PM   #25
elinstylez
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Not at all, I raced a modded s1krr and he slowly pulled away. Gave each other a thumbs up for the fun run.

Second time a 600 tried to pass me on the fwy and couldn't.

Maybe it's because I have an affinity for motorcycles because I rode sport bikes myself, including a s1krr.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 02:31 PM   #26
superbrew
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3Cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintjah View Post
Welll most bikers, especially here in california, are morons who dont follow a single traffic rule then think they are some kind of victim when their wreckless behaviors cause a problem. Lane splitting causes a huge shit fest as bikers wrecklessly speed between lanes and then act all asshurt when a car legally changes lanes. Bikers forget that they also need to obey traffic laws and mind their own safety. I used to ride and did so like I was invisible to cars and never once had a problem. I just ignore the morons because they often get asshurt when their little scooter gets walked.
Just FYI, lane splitting is legal for bikes in CA. Supposed to help reduce traffic congestion.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 07:59 PM   #27
Saintjah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbrew View Post
Just FYI, lane splitting is legal for bikes in CA. Supposed to help reduce traffic congestion.
Right, but I was referring to when they speed while doing it. That aspect isnt legal anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 02:23 PM   #28
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmanbih View Post
Damn., So much hate for motorcycles in this thread!

I ride a ninja and got to say that a lot of these motorcyclists like me are just trying to have fun on the road. In my opinion, a lot of bikers are car enthusiast+ adrenaline junkiee.. They don't do it to shame you.. They are merely just trying to give you a compliment and see if you are up for a ride. or what your car has.. There is a reason why motorcyclist give a sign to each other whether they are Harley or a crotch rocket..its literally just a way of acknowledging each other.. and that's what they do when they see a beautiful m3,m4 or a car they adore.. THEY ARE FULLY AWARE THEY WILL TOAST YOU...

AND TRUST ME!!! just as much as you are annoyed with them they are also as annoyed when EVERY freaking car that is trying to race them for no reason disregarding their safety! More cars try to race a motorcycle compared to driving an m3 or m4.. females flash motorcycles.. I havent gotten that on an m4 so far lol
I was about to post this nearly identical post. I bought a 636 for the track as I have found myself enjoying tracking my car, but wanted a new thrill and a bike is a very inexpensive way to offer just that. I am not the aggressive rider and actually haven't challenged a single car, rather its the other way around. Only had this f82 for a few weeks, but got near daily challenges in my f30. If I dont feel its safe/right, I wont run simple as that. Street is usually unsafe due to other traffic.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 03:53 PM   #29
Laostuh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP Azurite Black

Haven't had a motorcycle try me yet... I do get a bunch of Civics Turbos and STIs wanting to go. But eh.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:58 PM   #30
diesel733
Master of one
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP IMOLA RED

Not worth it cause you'll have more to lose than gain in the end.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2020, 11:22 AM   #31
babaikram
M6GCComp, Porsche Cayman S PDK, Peug 208 GT1 BPS
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

I raced one from a traffic light to another on m240i. Pulled out in front of him initially. Overtook me halfway and gave me a thumb up
      09-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #32
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

I never tried racing a car. I would get away from them if it looked like they wanted to play. I didn't want them to crash into an innocent party.

Honestly, I just enjoyed doing pulls by myself on a lonely stretch of road because my bike sounded like a formula 1 car (not really, but close enough).
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2020, 08:01 PM   #33
PhatLyfe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 AW/SO ZCP

i raced a Porsche GT3 yesterday on Route 18 n in east brunswick, he passed me @ the 4 second mark I was @ 96 mph.. he left me in the dust.. damn the grandpa gave me the nod at the light ahead though..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2020, 06:55 PM   #34
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxKing View Post
All you have to do is get on some back-roads with a bike behind you and take a few WOT pulls... the biker will quickly backoff, due to the high amount of road debris you'll kick into his/her face.

Honestly, if you're tuned... very few bikes will be able to keep up, not to mention very view bikers know how to manage their bikes well enough to handle WOT.
Well said. I've pulled on some 600 cc sport bikes in a straight line and a few 1000's once the road got moderately curvy. They just don't know how to get down. For reference, my car traps 122-123 mph in the quarter.