GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

01-21-2021, 08:42 AM   #1
itsaflex
Enlisted Member
Thailand
Rep
Drives: M4 ZCP

Vorsteiner/V-style diffuser symmetry

Those who have this style of rear diffuser is the area indicated in the picture flat or angled? I don't know if authentic ones are flat or not, or is it just the ones from replicas. I've always seen this type of rear diffuser not symmetric on that area and it has always stopped me from getting them.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 08:54 AM   #2
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15, E46 & M3, F82

What to you is authentic? BMW didn’t make this style did they? What lacks symmetry in your photo?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 09:01 AM   #3
itsaflex
Enlisted Member
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
What to you is authentic? BMW didn’t make this style did they? What lacks symmetry in your photo?
authentic meaning those who bought it from Vorsteiner, and not chinese replicas. the left side and the right side does not seem to have the same angle. and I said its from Vorsteiner not BMW
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 10:14 AM   #4
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsaflex View Post
authentic meaning those who bought it from Vorsteiner, and not chinese replicas. the left side and the right side does not seem to have the same angle. and I said its from Vorsteiner not BMW
I thought that is what you were getting at, but wanted to clarify. I just purchased the v style from Horizon so I will take a look at the angles and see if they are in fact symmetrical or not... I think I took a photo.

EDIT: Not the greatest of photos as its a phone photo with crummy lighting, but, here it is. Seems symmetrical from my perspective. Ignore the shadow on the left.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
six75LT916.50
      01-21-2021, 10:30 AM   #5
itsaflex
Enlisted Member
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
I thought that is what you were getting at, but wanted to clarify. I just purchased the v style from Horizon so I will take a look at the angles and see if they are in fact symmetrical or not... I think I took a photo.

EDIT: Not the greatest of photos as its a phone photo with crummy lighting, but, here it is. Seems symmetrical from my perspective. Ignore the shadow on the left.
i think yours is more symmetrical, and the fitment of the center and side piece is really good (no gaps). If there were no shadow it would be easier to see but looks good and nice color!
Appreciate 1
      01-21-2021, 10:37 AM   #6
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i think yours is more symmetrical, and the fitment of the center and side piece is really good (no gaps). If there were no shadow it would be easier to see but looks good and nice color!
Thanks so much! I have been drooling over your new car as well and LOVE the color. I agree, lighting was not optimal but upon inspection I find it to be symmetric. I will try and get a photo in the better light, as of now its raining
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 01:16 PM   #7
FrozenM3_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m3

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks so much! I have been drooling over your new car as well and LOVE the color. I agree, lighting was not optimal but upon inspection I find it to be symmetric. I will try and get a photo in the better light, as of now its raining
Quote:
Quote:
What brand is your diffuser looks great
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2021, 01:21 PM   #8
fiveohwblow
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenM3_ View Post
Thanks! It’s from your state
Horizon Motorsports alex@horizonmotorsport
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 01:58 AM   #9
FrozenM3_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m3

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! It’s from your state
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! It's from your state
Thanks for the reply sick car by the way 👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 10:04 PM   #10
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

I've got some good experience with both a knock off version on my former car, and the authentic version on my newer car. I'll in no way knock the knock off version (good grief sorry for that), for the $375 I paid it was VERY cost effective. The one issue I had with it, and the ones that I see on nearly every knock off like it, is that the main piece doesn't go in fully on the upper left side. It's a very small flaw, and I doubt anyone would notice it except when the car is absolutely parked and looking right at it, but it's there. You can definitely notice a bit of a *droop* on the upper left side of the main piece, it's impossible to get it to fully snap in (at least on the version I had, but like I said I've noticed it on many other version as well).

In regards to the Vorsteiner version, it's dead on. Mine popped right on and lines up perfectly. However, it cost me around $1400 if I remember correctly. A far cry from $375!

I wouldn't fault anyone for getting the knock off, in fact, I actually purchased another knock off for my newer M4 BEFORE I bought the Vorsteiner. The knock off I purchased had a bit of trouble with fitment this time around (I think the mold was way off as it couldn't even be put on the car!) so the seller (Mike @X-PH) gave me a great deal on a Vorsteiner version he had. Since then I went with the Vorsteiner spoiler and side skirts, so I guess you can say the knockoff diffuser not fitting really cost me a lot of money hah! But it's ok, in the long run I'm glad I have the parts now as I think the car looks great.

For comparison, first shot is of my old car with the knock off and second shot is of my new car with the authentic piece. Authentic is 1x1 while knock off is 2x2 of course. The authentic Vorsteiner piece also seems to have more of a "shelf", it sticks out a bit farther from the bumper for added bling. Good luck!
Attached Images

Last edited by NickyC; 04-12-2021 at 10:09 PM..
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2021, 12:01 PM   #11
itsaflex
Enlisted Member
Thailand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
For comparison, first shot is of my old car with the knock off and second shot is of my new car with the authentic piece. Authentic is 1x1 while knock off is 2x2 of course. The authentic Vorsteiner piece also seems to have more of a "shelf", it sticks out a bit farther from the bumper for added bling. Good luck!
Is the top picture is with knockoff rear spoiler and the bottom is authentic vorsteiner?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2021, 04:39 PM   #12
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
Is the top picture is with knockoff rear spoiler and the bottom is authentic vorsteiner?
No the top pic has the M performance spoiler and knock off diffuser, bottom picture is all Vorsteiner. Thanks.
Appreciate 0