R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

04-14-2021, 03:55 PM   #1
TouringM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 6MT / '16 F31

Garage List
More aggressive diffusers that don't interfere w/ comfort access?

Hey Buds –

I bought my F80 with a relatively aggressive 3 piece carbon rear diffuser. It looks great, but the center louvered section, being the largest part, is a tad flappy and definitely obstructs the comfort access "kick" function.

In the past, i haven't really cared about this a whole lot, but since i'll be making this into a wagon and will absolutely use the hatch with full hands from time to time, i've gotta make a change.

Anyone out there with anything from a PSM to RW to Vorsteiner have consistent luck with the comfort access kick?

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images

Instagram: @TouringM3
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 10:50 PM   #2
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringM3 View Post
Hey Buds –

I bought my F80 with a relatively aggressive 3 piece carbon rear diffuser. It looks great, but the center louvered section, being the largest part, is a tad flappy and definitely obstructs the comfort access "kick" function.

In the past, i haven't really cared about this a whole lot, but since i'll be making this into a wagon and will absolutely use the hatch with full hands from time to time, i've gotta make a change.

Anyone out there with anything from a PSM to RW to Vorsteiner have consistent luck with the comfort access kick?

Thanks in advance!
Nope! But I've definitely had my vorsteiner randomly open my trunk in the middle of a windy night several times.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 05:41 PM   #3
wuzhatning
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everkidd View Post
Nope! But I've definitely had my vorsteiner randomly open my trunk in the middle of a windy night several times.
damn that's not good, i actually bought the same exact diffuser...can we code out that feature so the trunk doesn't open?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 06:52 PM   #4
4everkidd
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzhatning View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everkidd View Post
damn that's not good, i actually bought the same exact diffuser...can we code out that feature so the trunk doesn't open?
Most likely. I never considered that
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 08:56 PM   #5
f93_gc
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M8 Competition Gran C

Garage List
I personally love mine, I purchased it from AA Concepts in pasadena, CA. Great Quality and great price. Only “downfall” is that i scrape the shit out of it everywhere i go, but that’s on me haha. Other than that, great diffuser
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 02:57 AM   #6
wuzhatning
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82_boi View Post
I personally love mine, I purchased it from AA Concepts in pasadena, CA. Great Quality and great price. Only “downfall” is that i scrape the shit out of it everywhere i go, but that’s on me haha. Other than that, great diffuser
nice diffuser bro i was torn between yours and OP's before i settled for the one like OP's. Your diffuser might go well with the rear cf splitters
Appreciate 0