European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

12-06-2023, 12:04 PM   #1
evoix
Major
Rep
Drives: X3m Evo IX Evo X

Habberstad bmw of huntington--avoid

I brought my 2020 x3m to Habberstad BMW of Huntington for servicing on November 2023. I dropped it off and during my advisement with PETE MITCHELL, we made it clear ten times that I did not want my vehicle to be washed. He made it very clear that he remembered me from last time because of my declination of the car wash. The reason for not wanting anyone to wash it was due to the vehicle being ceramic coated and therefore only hand washes and ph neutral soaps are utilized to clean this vehicle.

Upon returning for pickup, the vehicle was washed. I called PETE MITCHELL out to ask him why it was done and he conveyed to me that he made it very clear to whomever not to wash it and he was apologetic. Long story short, my vehicle was sent through the automated machine or washed with some type of brush that has left marks and swirls along with scratches in my ceramic coat. PETE MITCHELL blamed the service people stating he did his job by asking to not have it washed but he is not even capable of doing that.

I then spoke to service manager of Habberstad of Huntington VINNY DURANTE and after a month of going back and forth with proof of the ceramic coat being done, pictures of the damage, and running around; they have declined to pay for the damage to my vehicle. He was very dismissive of the concept of ceramic coating being scratched by hard bristle brushes or abrasive automated car washes on ceramic coated vehicles. The lack of knowledge in this area is clearly evident and no responsibility or action to correct the problem was taken.

This dealership is very unprofessional and do not take any responsibilities for their mistakes and damage done to customers cars. They do not treat their customers cars with respect and I would never recommend going there for service. I’ve had multiple M3’s and M vehicles, and have been a long time customer but this is the worst BMW dealership in terms of service on Long Island. Avoid this dealership for service especially VINNY DURANTE AND PETE MITCHELL if you actually care about your vehicle.
Appreciate 2
      12-06-2023, 02:34 PM   #2
Busa1
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M4 and 435i xDrive M-Sport

Sorry to hear this happened to your car. I had a laminated sign made from Staples and used it anytime I brought my car to the dealer. It states “PLEASE DO NOT WASH THE CAR” it’s written in English and Spanish. I would place it in the car on the dashboard and had one taped to the drivers window so you can see it from the outside of the car. This day and age you have to make everything idiot proof. I would leave reviews on Google and Yelp as well, unless you already did.
      12-06-2023, 07:04 PM   #3
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

I’ve stopped going to that dealer due to incompetence with their service advisories. Just is annoying if you’re in Suffolk county as they’re accessible though you could try the Bayshore location next time (off the LIE). They’re both (together in a sense as when you call their number you can be routed to either) I just had one experience that rubbed me wrong from the Huntington location and I swore them off to not go back there as they struggled to follow basic instructions for an issue I had with a previous vehicle.

It’s challenging to press further without before and after pictures of it going in and coming out though of they do have the complimentary wash noted on the receipt you may have some leverage.

Sorry to hear their incompetence years later still exists.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 07:42 PM   #4
evoix
Major
Rep

[QUOTE=imperfectluck;30713057]I’ve stopped going to that dealer due to incompetence with their service advisories. Just is annoying if you’re in Suffolk county as they’re accessible though you could try the Bayshore location next time (off the LIE). They’re both (together in a sense as when you call their number you can be routed to either) I just had one experience that rubbed me wrong from the Huntington location and I swore them off to not go back there as they struggled to follow basic instructions for an issue I had with a previous vehicle.

It’s challenging to press further without before and after pictures of it going in and coming out though of they do have the complimentary wash noted on the receipt you may have some leverage.

I had clear pictures of the damage and swirl marks but they don’t know anything about ceramic coatings and swirl marks. Clueless. As long as paint is still on the car they think no damage is done. They lack the knowledge or just don’t care enough to take the time to do their jobs correctly.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2023, 07:45 PM   #5
evoix
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
I’ve stopped going to that dealer due to incompetence with their service advisories. Just is annoying if you’re in Suffolk county as they’re accessible though you could try the Bayshore location next time (off the LIE). They’re both (together in a sense as when you call their number you can be routed to either) I just had one experience that rubbed me wrong from the Huntington location and I swore them off to not go back there as they struggled to follow basic instructions for an issue I had with a previous vehicle.

Incompetence is the correct word. The advisor PETE MITCHELL is so full of himself that he can’t do his job correctly. Tried selling me a cabin air filter for 200 that I can buy and replace for 40 dollars. He was mad that I wouldn’t buy it and asked me why I was even here then. He’s pretty arrogant and looks like he hates his job.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2023, 08:10 PM   #6
alex2364
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 ZCP / 2023 X3 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [10.00]
2023 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Maverick works at BMW?
Appreciate 4
Jbrown74032643.50
deemack79285.50
ShopVac4053.00
FaRKle!4017.00
      12-06-2023, 09:02 PM   #7
Blocke
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2364 View Post
Maverick works at BMW?
He got fired from flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit outta Hong-Kong
Appreciate 1
FaRKle!4017.00
      12-07-2023, 09:40 AM   #8
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

my valets in my building for some reason need to put the windows down when parking my car. it is an elevator garadge, but my windows are not tinted. rolling down the rear window of a 17 year old e90 is a massive gamble. and the e90 naturally makes you roll the rear instead of the front. came to get my car, and the rear window was stuck down. I ask why do they roll down the windows....safety. everyone is stupid af, i know thats making a big deal or whatever but people simply cannot follow directions and then blame is on someone else. i had to cover my window buttons with tape and will be pulling the fuse soon.

WHY the fuck do you need to roll down the window on a non-tinted car to park.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2023, 02:23 PM   #9
bagekko
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lots of BMWs

Garage List
2018 M4 Vert  [0.00]
2006 Z4M Roadster  [0.00]
1995 540i  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 i3 Rex  [0.00]
2021 X7 40i MSport  [0.00]
So the hookers using your car to turn tricks don't fog up the windows and it lets the stank out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
WHY the fuck do you need to roll down the window on a non-tinted car to park.
Appreciate 1
      12-11-2023, 11:37 AM   #10
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

go see zain at bmw of freeport if you need a good advisor on the island

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 04:50 AM   #11
evoix
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
go see zain at bmw of freeport if you need a good advisor on the island

Thank you. Anything is better than Huntington
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 06:50 AM   #12
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Sucks that happened but honestly also making a pretty good case against having ceramic coating.
      12-18-2023, 10:47 AM   #13
MaxOctane
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xdrive

I had the same exact thing happen at Classic BMW in Plano TX. I made the service writer write on the ticket in all caps: DO NOT WASH

Worse, I'd spent 5+ hrs the previous weekend fully detailing it myself. It was immaculate going in to the dealer. Why would they feel the need to wash it? I get it back, washed, dried water streaks all over the car and swirl marks on parts of the car. I was so pissed. It looked significantly worse going out than it did going in. After some back and forth with the manager I got them to pay me $300 for paint correction. That dealer was later bought by Sewell, I'd like to think the service is better, but I just don't trust any dealer. You'd like to think better of a luxury brand like BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2023, 11:13 AM   #14
evoix
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxOctane View Post
I had the same exact thing happen at Classic BMW in Plano TX. I made the service writer write on the ticket in all caps: DO NOT WASH

Worse, I'd spent 5+ hrs the previous weekend fully detailing it myself. It was immaculate going in to the dealer. Why would they feel the need to wash it? I get it back, washed, dried water streaks all over the car and swirl marks on parts of the car. I was so pissed. It looked significantly worse going out than it did going in. After some back and forth with the manager I got them to pay me $300 for paint correction. That dealer was later bought by Sewell, I'd like to think the service is better, but I just don't trust any dealer. You'd like to think better of a luxury brand like BMW.

Exactly. At least you were somewhat compensated but I know how you felt lol. I feel as if they should be capable of not washing a car when being asked not to. But I guess I expect too much from adults who hate their jobs and lives.
Appreciate 0