ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

05-27-2022, 08:35 PM   #1
StoneWall747
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP 6MT

M3 steering wheel right side media wheel doesnt work?

Just a quick question. My newly acquired m3 doesn't have a functioning media wheel on the right side of the steering wheel. Everything else works but the song/station change wheel itself in any fashion. Is it possible it was tuned or coded to do something else that isn't hooked up or was partially programmed and not fully reset by a past owner? Would an i-drive system reset do anything to help this? I wasn't able to find much on this so I was hoping someone had insight before I take the wheel off to see what the wires and ring are doing and or wipe all of my i-drive system. Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2022, 09:59 PM   #2
StoneWall747
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP 6MT

I was bored over the long weekend at the in-laws cabin and decided to tinker. Update is its been solved by an idrive reset. Not sure if/what was done before, but short term it all works so far.
Appreciate 0