Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

07-07-2021, 03:38 PM   #1
dominick.han
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 Mineral Grey

[FOUND] Looking for dealer/person willing to sell FSC codes (SLI retrofit)

Bought my FSC code from this shop provided by a member's PM
I was reluctant to order from a German site since I don't speak the language, but I switched the "country" to international and most of the website became English (The rest are still German, Google translation worked great)

Paid €37.39 = $44.41 = 55 CAD or so, and they ship (emailed) the FSC code to my email within a few hours

https://www.baum-bmwshop24.de/catalo...2444948-59406/

Hopefully this post helps others to find a place to purchase the FSC code, since I spent hours browsing the forum and eBay and calling my local dealer with no avail

===== ORIGINAL POST =====

Looking for someone/some dealer that are willing to sell FSC codes, should be $74.50 if from dealer... if anyone had any luck buying them from a specific dealer, please let me know!

https://shop.bmw.ca/p/BMW_2016_M3-Se...502444948.html

So far called these dealers with no avail :
BMW Toronto
Parkview
Markham
Pfaff

Last edited by dominick.han; 07-09-2021 at 03:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2021, 10:02 AM   #2
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick.han View Post
Looking for someone/some dealer that are willing to sell FSC codes, should be $74.50 if from dealer... if anyone had any luck buying them from a specific dealer, please let me know!

https://shop.bmw.ca/p/BMW_2016_M3-Se...502444948.html

So far called these dealers with no avail :
BMW Toronto
Parkview
Markham
Pfaff
You won't get a dealer to sell you a code because they can't get it as a standalone - BMW will generally include the code with what ever you're trying to retrofit. So while there is a "part number", it's not sold individually and that cost gets included to the associated part(s).
Appreciate 1
      07-08-2021, 10:09 AM   #3
rmanm4
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Try calling or emailing: Maranello BMW Parts @ (416) 213-5699 or
partsmar@maranellobmw.com

Tell them you are a Maxbimmer member. Explain what you want and why and they might help you. If these guys cant do it, nobody at any dealership can.
Appreciate 1
      07-09-2021, 03:01 PM   #4
dominick.han
Private
Canada
Rep

Found the code online from a reputable BMW shop Paid only $55 for it and didn't have to talk/call anyone

Updated the original post
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2021, 11:58 PM   #5
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

May I ask exactly what an FSC code does?

Just curious!
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2021, 10:46 AM   #6
dominick.han
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
May I ask exactly what an FSC code does?

Just curious!
FSC is a software activation lock for certain features that do not require additional hardware, and it's an "Enabling Code" that's coded to your VIN number so only your car can use it.

For example, my car has Lane Departure Warning option so it has the KAFAS camera already. Retrofitting Speed Limit Info doesn't require any additional hardware, and anyone with E-sys can do it for free. It's a $300 option, and BMW doesn't want any freeriders, so they gate/block the feature unless you have the FSC code Which can only be purchased through a BMW dealer. (They generate it on the ASAP portal and it's added to the list of your factory FSCs)

My local dealer won't sell them to me without me coming in to "retrofit" the entire feature, which will be $200+, but I found a website that probably work with one of the German dealers to just generate the FSC code and send it to me (btw it costs the dealer to order/generate these codes IIRC)

A few FSCs that I know of:
Speed Limit Info
Lane Departure Warning
Pedestrian Detection
Carplay
Any iDrive map updates
Appreciate 2
      07-10-2021, 07:36 PM   #7
MeowPower
Canada
Rep
Drives: 46M3 + C63S + S13 620HP/540T

Thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick.han View Post
FSC is a software activation lock for certain features that do not require additional hardware, and it's an "Enabling Code" that's coded to your VIN number so only your car can use it.

For example, my car has Lane Departure Warning option so it has the KAFAS camera already. Retrofitting Speed Limit Info doesn't require any additional hardware, and anyone with E-sys can do it for free. It's a $300 option, and BMW doesn't want any freeriders, so they gate/block the feature unless you have the FSC code Which can only be purchased through a BMW dealer. (They generate it on the ASAP portal and it's added to the list of your factory FSCs)

My local dealer won't sell them to me without me coming in to "retrofit" the entire feature, which will be $200+, but I found a website that probably work with one of the German dealers to just generate the FSC code and send it to me (btw it costs the dealer to order/generate these codes IIRC)
A few FSCs that I know of:
Speed Limit Info
Lane Departure Warning
Pedestrian Detection
Carplay
Any iDrive map updates
So out of curiosity, would you be paying the said $55 PER FSC feature above, or could you have one code that would cover the 5 features you mentioned above?

I know this sounds dumb as many people hate those features, but it's a dealbreaker for me to get a car without the LDW. Is that something you can simply upgrade, or would it be freakishly expensive and worth just seeking out a car with those features from the factory?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 12:30 AM   #8
dominick.han
Private
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowPower View Post
So out of curiosity, would you be paying the said $55 PER FSC feature above, or could you have one code that would cover the 5 features you mentioned above?

I know this sounds dumb as many people hate those features, but it's a dealbreaker for me to get a car without the LDW. Is that something you can simply upgrade, or would it be freakishly expensive and worth just seeking out a car with those features from the factory?
It’s one FSC per feature, and they are all differently priced

AFAIK there are no part number/seller for the LDW FSC…

You can try browsing the forums to see if anyone retrofitted? At a minimum you would need the KAFAS camera, and I think you need at least one of LDW/SLI/front collision warning for the car to have KAFAS from the factory
Appreciate 0