GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

09-02-2021, 07:01 PM   #1
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

F80 - "Chassis Stabilization" and "Rear axle diff lock" errors - suggestions?

Folks,
Here is the situation (I thought I posted this question before, but can't find the thread now):

I've picked up two intermittent but increasing more frequent errors on my '15 M3:
1). Chassis stabilization: drive moderately
2). Rear axle differential lock

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6rdvSyvvX9LjtU3J7

Once the frequency increased to 50% of the ignition cycles, I took it in for services to a local BMW dealer. They identified faults in:
- Left Rear (LF) wheel speed sensor, aka "pulse generator", part # 34526869322
and
- Rear diff servo motor, part # 33142284191. This bit included diff oil drain and refill, so there was an added benefit of diff oil service.

Lights were reset, I picked the car up, and it drove like a dream.
~50 miles later, both lights came back, one after the other, and have stayed on continuously for the last ~200 miles.

So I bought and took deliver of my own code scanner, and now it's showing (among a myriad of other flags) an issue with Left Front (LF) wheel speed sensor.

I can order and replace that one myself, and probably swap out the other 3 speed sensors. But have low confidence that it will address the root cause of the problem, based on the recent dealership "part swap" approach to troubleshooting.

I have a strong suspicious that I'm chasing either an electric gremlin with voltage supply that trips various control units, or an issue with one of the control units itself (ABS? DSC/GHAS?).

Has anyone seen anything similar?
Found a fix to this set of sensor errors?

TIA,
a
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2021, 05:44 PM   #2
N1rve
Racecar Driver
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2019 BMW M4  [9.63]
Hit up kubax86. He might be able to help you by looking into your car and troubleshoot the error codes.

2019 BMW ///M4 - Alpine White | Sakhir Orange/Black Leather | M-DCT | Executive Package | 19" Black 437M Wheels | Carbon Fiber Trim | Sunroof | Active Blind Spot | Heated Steering Wheel | Adaptive M Suspension
Appreciate 0