R44 Performance
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

09-21-2018, 01:44 PM   #1
bluecusion
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: X5M competition

Rattle from behind or inside the dashboard

Does anyone have this weird rattle coming from behind or inside of dashboard? It only happens whenever i am coming to a stop and does not happen every time making it really hard to bring it up to dealer. It stops when i am at completely stop or When driving. Any idea??
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
JTK24
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80

I do. It's pretty annoying. Its like a faint buzzing/rattling noise for me. I keep coins in the tray next to the cigarette lighter, so at first i thought it was the coins vibrating. But after ruling that out, I am fairly certain its something rattling in the center speaker behind the screen. Maybe the grille or something is a touch loose.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 02:09 PM   #3
bluecusion
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTK24 View Post
I do. It's pretty annoying. Its like a faint buzzing/rattling noise for me. I keep coins in the tray next to the cigarette lighter, so at first i thought it was the coins vibrating. But after ruling that out, I am fairly certain its something rattling in the center speaker behind the screen. Maybe the grille or something is a touch loose.
I pried out center speakers, cic head unit, trim, screen and checked everything and everything is tight. Just scheduled with dealer for a ride with tech. Hope it happens when i am there
Appreciate 1
      10-01-2019, 02:36 PM   #4
Jeff4507
Rep
Drives: M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecusion View Post
I pried out center speakers, cic head unit, trim, screen and checked everything and everything is tight. Just scheduled with dealer for a ride with tech. Hope it happens when i am there
Did you ever fix this?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 05:27 PM   #5
bluecusion
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff4507 View Post
Quote:
Did you ever fix this?
No, but sold the car so its gone
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2019, 10:32 PM   #6
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff4507 View Post
Quote:
Did you ever fix this?
No, but sold the car so its gone
That's one way to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 07:43 AM   #7
Wmf80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: f80

I had a very similar issue. Eventually I figured out that I needed to add spacers to my exhaust bracket(awe switchpath) one pipe was hitting the brace. Happened after two years of nothing.
Mostly at cold starts and sometimes at a stop. Starting to become more frequent as time went on. Fixed and so far perfection.
Appreciate 0