ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

06-03-2020, 06:55 PM   #1
snesh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Great experience with kubax86 getting CarPlay in fullscreen

Just got apple CarPlay fullscreen on my M4 with the help of Jakub aka kubax86.

He was very responsive and had the process down to a science.

Would highly recommend

You can contact him at oempackbmw@gmail.com

you can find others that used his service here https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...351414&page=11

Thanks Jakub!

Some pics for your enjoyment
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #2
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

quick question:

Obviously I assume you were running a windows VM on your macbook... did you have any issues with that setup? what did you use for your network settings on virtualbox (or whatever method of windows OS you used)?

I couldn't get mine to work on the macbook, but ended up doing it thru a friend's windows laptop and worked then.

thanks in advance

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 02:16 AM   #3
electrathecat
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2017 M4 Comp Vert

Just wanted to reiterate that Jakub aka kubax86 provides a terrific service! He upgraded my 2017 F83 M4 from iDrive 5 to iDrive 6 and made the Apple CarPlay full screen. It was totally worth it, as Google Maps is much more usable and iDrive 6 looks a lot more modern. In addition, he coded a bunch of small but very cool touches that I asked him to do, including enabling of door handle illumination when going in reverse, using the rear view camera at all speeds, turning on brake force flashing with hard braking, turning on auto-on for the high beam assistant, having auto start/stop remember the last setting, and changing the angel eye brightness to 100% all the time. In all, the whole process took about 90 minutes (it required a flash), and Jakub provided great instruction the whole way through. Highly recommended!
Appreciate 2
snesh66.50
kubax861779.50
      08-05-2020, 02:11 PM   #4
Redline Fanatix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2020 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrathecat View Post
Just wanted to reiterate that Jakub aka kubax86 provides a terrific service! He upgraded my 2017 F83 M4 from iDrive 5 to iDrive 6 and made the Apple CarPlay full screen. It was totally worth it, as Google Maps is much more usable and iDrive 6 looks a lot more modern. In addition, he coded a bunch of small but very cool touches that I asked him to do, including enabling of door handle illumination when going in reverse, using the rear view camera at all speeds, turning on brake force flashing with hard braking, turning on auto-on for the high beam assistant, having auto start/stop remember the last setting, and changing the angel eye brightness to 100% all the time. In all, the whole process took about 90 minutes (it required a flash), and Jakub provided great instruction the whole way through. Highly recommended!
I'm very tempted to get a few things like this coded. Specially the full screen ACP. Does it void any type of electrical or manufacture warranty?