European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

12-23-2021, 08:51 PM   #1
OldM3
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4, Z4, X7, X4M and M8

Need Help with Rejected Certificates in ISTA

Can anyone offer some advice on how to sort out a frustrating issue that I'm having with my firmware? My car had an older version of NBTEvo when I installed a fullscreen Apple CarPlay patch from a third party. Since then, my dealer updated my firmware to NBTEvo_X, wiping out all of the programming that I did with BimmerCode, as well as the full screen CarPlay patch.

I wanted to code the head unit with BimmerCode before re-installing the patch, but I can't access the head unit with BimmerCode because it gives an error code for rejected third party certificates. In searching our forums, someone suggested deleting the FSC files from the iPhone, but that didn't work either.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because now I can't access my head unit at all with BimmerCode (anyone know if I could with Carly?) because I can't clear out these rejected third party certificates (is it possible to delete them using ISTA?).

Thanks all in advance, and best wishes for a pleasant holiday season!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 06:56 AM   #2
elthox
Private
Rep
Drives: E91 330xd stage 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldM3 View Post
Can anyone offer some advice on how to sort out a frustrating issue that I'm having with my firmware? My car had an older version of NBTEvo when I installed a fullscreen Apple CarPlay patch from a third party. Since then, my dealer updated my firmware to NBTEvo_X, wiping out all of the programming that I did with BimmerCode, as well as the full screen CarPlay patch.

I wanted to code the head unit with BimmerCode before re-installing the patch, but I can't access the head unit with BimmerCode because it gives an error code for rejected third party certificates. In searching our forums, someone suggested deleting the FSC files from the iPhone, but that didn't work either.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated because now I can't access my head unit at all with BimmerCode (anyone know if I could with Carly?) because I can't clear out these rejected third party certificates (is it possible to delete them using ISTA?).

Thanks all in advance, and best wishes for a pleasant holiday season!
Bimmercode should not give that problem after dealer update. They have removed the patch and returned evo to original state.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2021, 09:18 AM   #3
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elthox View Post
Bimmercode should not give that problem after dealer update. They have removed the patch and returned evo to original state.
Issue is BimmerCode remembers last state.
Anyway we are in touch to solve it
Appreciate 1
tom @ eas8066.50
      01-04-2022, 08:29 AM   #4
OldM3
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4, Z4, X7, X4M and M8

A big thanks to kubax86. He resolved the issue in about 10 mins. whereas my dealer had the car for a day and couldn't figure it out. I will definitely look to kubax86 for future programming needs!
Appreciate 2
kubax861751.00
spidy512491.50
      01-04-2022, 08:36 AM   #5
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

+1
kubax86 is priceless for this kind of stuff. He's helped me many times.
spidy512491.50
      01-18-2022, 04:52 PM   #6
uhdimzy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

kubax86 I'm having the same issue as OP, can't connect to headunit via Bimmercode after update. Carplay fullscreen activation is successful but my iPhone doesn't connect to Carplay after fullscreen activation. Any help?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2022, 06:06 PM   #7
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhdimzy View Post
kubax86 I'm having the same issue as OP, can't connect to headunit via Bimmercode after update. Carplay fullscreen activation is successful but my iPhone doesn't connect to Carplay after fullscreen activation. Any help?
Sure, PM me
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 10:10 AM   #8
Shivaan25
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
Sure, PM me
I’m having the same problem as well but I’m unable to private message you due to my account being new could you help me out.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 10:36 AM   #9
kubax86
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivaan25 View Post
I’m having the same problem as well but I’m unable to private message you due to my account being new could you help me out.
Contact through my webstore
Appreciate 0