EXXEL Distributions
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > F80 M3 / M4 Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery

06-13-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 m4

My M4 is with Trucking on it's way

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Well,

After waiting all this time, BMW NA told me that my M4 is with trucking. It was supposed to be picked up yesterday and delivered tomorrow, but now it got picked up today.
They even gave me the name of the trucking company who is transporting it.

BUT, My Sales guy has been very condescending and disrespectful to me during this entire few month process. This is my second M car from him in two years.. He is a typical snooty luxury car sales men, that you meet from time to time in high end dealerships.. He is older and has been there awhile. He is lazy and has never kept intouch with me during this entire process. Only if I sent him an email would he give me a confusing half fast response.

I had reached out to his manager today to let him know how upset I am with the level of service I'm getting when this is my second 80k car within two years.

He didn't seem thrilled about the news and at first, seemed like he was on the sales guy's side, but then he said he would go have a talk with him and hear his side and call me back.

If I don't get an apology, I am walking away and going else where. to think after all this time waiting and the deal can get killed at the last minute because the salesmen is being a dick.

I don't need to kiss anyones ass when im spending this kind of money. Everyone at luxury dealers act like they are doing you a favor by selling you a car these days. I'm fed up.

Going to go to Honda where I can get treated normally.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 03:27 PM   #2
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

I agree with you on principle, but get your car. You've waited this long and already put up with shitty service (..and the bad taste isn't going to go anywhere). You might as well get the car you ordered. BMW is going to get the money either way. Get the car, haggle the price and make sure the dealer gets a bad review (..and NEVER buy from them again). You know and I know that the moment you drive away in your car, the bullshit with the dealer will be inconsequential to the enjoyment of the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 03:29 PM   #3
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Yes... you can get them on the survey. Get what you waited for...
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #4
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

if you're willing to get a honda, then why not just keep what you have for a while, wait till the hoopla dies down and get a better deal somewhere else on an m3.
      06-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinh335 View Post
if you're willing to get a honda, then why not just keep what you have for a while, wait till the hoopla dies down and get a better deal somewhere else on an m3.
This dealer I traded my c63 in with them 2 months ago as that was the time to do it while the offer was high. I been sharing with my wife since then, So at any time I could have gotten a car anywhere but I been waiting for this one because I am loyal and when I give a dealer my word, I stick to it. I left a deposit. So I cannot hold on to what I have if I don't have a car currently.

What I meant by Honda is that at least there when you walk in, they won't stereotype you or treat you poorly or be snooty to you. Infact, they will kiss your behind to sell you a car. I think every dealer should be like this but sadly, this is the world we live in..

Last edited by dondula; 06-13-2014 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I agree with you on principle, but get your car. You've waited this long and already put up with shitty service (..and the bad taste isn't going to go anywhere). You might as well get the car you ordered. BMW is going to get the money either way. Get the car, haggle the price and make sure the dealer gets a bad review (..and NEVER buy from them again). You know and I know that the moment you drive away in your car, the bullshit with the dealer will be inconsequential to the enjoyment of the car.
couldn't be more true. Thanks for the sound advise my friend!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 03:58 PM   #7
Dinh335
Major
Rep
Drives: 2004 RX8/2015 M3/2017 X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondula View Post
This dealer I traded my c63 in with them 2 months ago as that was the time to do it while the offer was high. I been sharing with my wife since then, So at any time I could have gotten a car anywhere but I been waiting for this one because I am loyal and when I give a dealer my word, I stick to it. I left a deposit. So I cannot hold on to what I have if I don't have a car currently.

What I meant by Honda is that at least there when you walk in, they won't stereotype you or treat you poorly or be snooty to you. Infact, they will kiss your behind to sell you a car. I think every dealer should be like this but sadly, this is the world we live in..
sounds like you should just hold on and get the car and see what free bee accessories they can tack on.

Or you can walk. if you've shared w your wife this long, a little while longer can't hurt, can't be that bad.
      06-13-2014, 04:08 PM   #8
egalley
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2020 M340i, 2019 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:

Why do they have your C63 already. I traded in my S4 for a M3 and they told me to keep the S4 till the M3 comes in. They have already guaranteed the trade in value from the date I ordered the M3.
      06-13-2014, 04:35 PM   #9
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by egalley View Post
Why do they have your C63 already. I traded in my S4 for a M3 and they told me to keep the S4 till the M3 comes in. They have already guaranteed the trade in value from the date I ordered the M3.
The new C class is due to release and once that comes out, it will hurt the value of my c63, so they wanted to strike while the iron is hot so there wouldn't be any risk of value depreciation on my car. Traded it early to capitalize on the most money I could. The time was right so there was no way around that.

the manager said he would call me back shortly.. They close in 20 min and still no call.. Doesn't look promising.. What ever, I don't care at this point.. The deal I'm getting isn't great but I'm just going to get the car and they will never see me again.

Been itching for a Nissan GTR... I heard when you buy a GTR, you get the same tech.Special treatment and they always have a loaner for you every time you go in for service problems no matter what.

Last edited by dondula; 06-13-2014 at 04:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #10
SOM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: SO F80

Quote:
Well,

After waiting all this time, BMW NA told me that my M4 is with trucking. It was supposed to be picked up yesterday and delivered tomorrow, but now it got picked up today.

BUT, My Sales guy has been very condescending and disrespectful to me during this entire few month process. This is my second M car from him in two years.. He is a typical snooty luxury car sales men, that you meet from time to time in high end dealerships.. He is older and has been there awhile. He is lazy and has never kept intouch with me during this entire process. Only if I sent him an email would he give me a confusing half fast response.

I had reached out to his manager today to let him know how upset I am with the level of service I'm getting when this is my second 80k car within two years.

He didn't seem thrilled about the news and at first, seemed like he was on the sales guy's side, but then he said he would go have a talk with him and hear his side and call me back.

If I don't get an apology, I am walking away and going else where. to think after all this time waiting and the deal can get killed at the last minute because the salesmen is being a dick.

I don't need to kiss anyones ass when im spending this kind of money. Everyone at luxury dealers act like they are doing you a favor by selling you a car these days. I'm fed up.

A bit off topic but a while ago I cruised up (not in my ///M) to Ford Dealer to take a look a GT500. The sales person there said I needed to enter a raffle )and hope to win) to be able to buy the car not to mention any test drives. I laughed in his face and walked out.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #11
egalley
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2020 M340i, 2019 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
The new C class is due to release and once that comes out, it will hurt the value of my c63, so they wanted to strike while the iron is hot so there wouldn't be any risk of value depreciation on my car. Traded it early to capitalize on the most money I could. The time was right so there was no way around that.
Ahhhhh..... That makes sense.
      06-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #12
RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Well,

Our cars were both on the Tonsberg and at the VPC at the same time. What was the name of the trucking company? Hopefully mine left at the same time yours did and it might not be too much longer. I would also just take the BMW, as you have waited this long and you want the car. Lots of people will not be the most friendly or professional to you. This won't be the last time and all of us have had this happen to us before in different scenarios of life. Don't worry, you will have your new M and it will make you feel much better.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2014, 05:26 PM   #13
accce
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SBM/BLK EXT CC Brakes

What options does your car have? If you walk away I would give up my order to find one with CCB.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 11:25 AM   #14
dondula
First Lieutenant
Rep

I think this is a great article on customer service at dealerships.. It's too bad many of them do not follow this or practice it.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2013...news/130109998
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #15
AutoArmourSD
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

My SA sucks as well. Just get it and give them a bad review. Those reviews count more then people think.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #16
tooch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Yea My SA also is an old lazy dude doesn't really do much at all. Poor communication. totally trying to make the most money for the dealership at any cost. it is what it is I guess.

96 E31 JB
07 E92 AW
F82 BSM
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 08:27 PM   #17
Arcoril
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 C2S, AP2 S2000

Interestingly, my MB dealership experiences have always been awesome. Very approachable, no bullshit, and no pretense. I wish I could say the same about my dealings with BMW salespeople. My M3 will be purchased in spite of the dealership experience, not because of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #18
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Take delivery of the car and then let them know you will never buy from them again. Telling them you no longer want to do business with them and to ' stick' their car will not hurt them at all- they will sell it to someone else within a day.

Do not let their poor service spoil what should be an exciting time for you, have fun in the new ///M.
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 11:17 PM   #19
jc05e46m3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
Take delivery of the car and then let them know you will never buy from them again. Telling them you no longer want to do business with them and to ' stick' their car will not hurt them at all- they will sell it to someone else within a day.

Do not let their poor service spoil what should be an exciting time for you, have fun in the new ///M.
Have fun and never look back.
'15 /// M4 - YMB/SO - Sold
'12 E92 ///M3 ZCP - AW/FR - Sold
Appreciate 0