ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

01-07-2020, 03:45 PM   #89
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 / 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXiMUS View Post
Hey F30/F80 owners, are the brightness on the front door and back door the same after installing these?

I noticed my rear doors illuminate about twice as bright compared to my front doors...normal?
My wife's X5 is the same and that's OEM. I think the lack of sunlight in the back makes them appear brighter. The front will always have the non tinted influence of the windshield.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 01:33 PM   #90
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellipsis212 View Post
Just FYI I recently bought these on amazon and they never came even though UPS shows it as delivered.

I contacted the seller and simply asked for help with a replacement and resolving it with UPS and his response was "Sorry but my obligation is only to ship on time and to provide proof of delivery. I have met my obligation for this, if the package was stolen from your porch that is a matter for the police and your insurance company."

UPS makes mistakes and I get it, but it's an extraordinarily lazy response from a vendor. I'd suggest you do not buy from him lest your $60 vanishes into thin air too.
Why is this on the vendor? If he shipped via UPS and UPS has a record of the shipment, then the vendor is out of the loop. You are making him out to tbe the bad guy when he had nothing to do with you not receiving your shipment. Have you contacted UPS yet? What did they say?

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 02:07 PM   #91
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Just FYI I recently bought these on amazon and they never came even though UPS shows it as delivered.

I contacted the seller and simply asked for help with a replacement and resolving it with UPS and his response was "Sorry but my obligation is only to ship on time and to provide proof of delivery. I have met my obligation for this, if the package was stolen from your porch that is a matter for the police and your insurance company."

UPS makes mistakes and I get it, but it's an extraordinarily lazy response from a vendor. I'd suggest you do not buy from him lest your $60 vanishes into thin air too.
Why is this on the vendor? If he shipped via UPS and UPS has a record of the shipment, then the vendor is out of the loop. You are making him out to tbe the bad guy when he had nothing to do with you not receiving your shipment. Have you contacted UPS yet? What did they say?
So, thanks for the reply firstly. Secondly, it's not "on" anyone but it's absolutely encouraged by couriers that the sender initiates claims, not the recipient even though they do have some generally weaker recourse available. Thirdly and probably most importantly, as a vendor of any type it's advisable not to treat your paying customer like trash even if it causes you some momentary inconvenience.

IDGAF about $60 really; it's replaceable. But if you haven't purchased from this vendor yet I'd personally advise you to look elsewhere in case you run into any number of issues as he/she isn't going to care.

That's all buddy.

Edit: The recipient cannot submit a claim on this particular UPS "pallet" and I must contact the sender for assistance. Case in point.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 02:56 PM   #92
SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
So, thanks for the reply firstly. Secondly, it's not "on" anyone but it's absolutely encouraged by couriers that the sender initiates claims, not the recipient even though they do have some generally weaker recourse available. Thirdly and probably most importantly, as a vendor of any type it's advisable not to treat your paying customer like trash even if it causes you some momentary inconvenience.

IDGAF about $60 really; it's replaceable. But if you haven't purchased from this vendor yet I'd personally advise you to look elsewhere in case you run into any number of issues as he/she isn't going to care.

That's all buddy.

Edit: The recipient cannot submit a claim on this particular UPS "pallet" and I must contact the sender for assistance. Case in point.
Pretty strong response for something you "DGAF" about. I didn't attack you personally, I just asked questions. And, apparently, I'm not really your "buddy"...

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2020, 03:03 PM   #93
ellipsis212
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

That's all buddy.

Pretty strong response for something you "DGAF" about. I didn't attack you personally, I just asked questions. And, apparently, I'm not really your "buddy"...
Hey you can buy from the douche on amazon if you want, but just don't say I didn't warn the group. 😂
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #94
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindcontrollerone View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyF80 View Post
just got mine installed fitment was Excellent, took about 6 mins to get it done.
And which ones are they, the plastic ones or the silicone ones?

mindcontrollerone, looking forward to your feedback on the silicone version.
I installed the silicone version last night... not a straight forward install. It was a pain and I'm not 100% satisfied with the fit. It's nearly impossible to tuck in evenly and the bend at the end of the door does not sit right.

On a positive note the seller issued a refund.

I will be ordering the plastic AmbientModz version today.
So I was able to get the silicone to sit somewhat evenly... a credit card worked much better then the trim tool recommended by the supplier.

I still have the plastic version in transit and would not recommend the silicone based on the difficulty level.

Below are the pictures of the silicone on the F82... I'll post side by side pictures once I receive the hard plastic version.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
yjypm219.00
lavon0.00
      01-10-2020, 02:21 AM   #95
TideMD
Some random guy
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 SO

Quote:
I installed the silicone version last night... not a straight forward install. It was a pain and I'm not 100% satisfied with the fit. It's nearly impossible to tuck in evenly and the bend at the end of the door does not sit right.

What's your estimated ship time/delivery from AmbientModz?

Put in my order 20 Dec 2019. The ship status shows received/processed through Chicago facility 25 Dec, with no update since then. The current estimated delivery is 7-20 Jan, which seems a bit ridiculous (admittedly, I'm quite impatient with waiting on deliveries).
      01-10-2020, 02:26 PM   #96
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD View Post
Quote:

What's your estimated ship time/delivery from AmbientModz?

Put in my order 20 Dec 2019. The ship status shows received/processed through Chicago facility 25 Dec, with no update since then. The current estimated delivery is 7-20 Jan, which seems a bit ridiculous (admittedly, I'm quite impatient with waiting on deliveries).
Placed my order on January 4th. Showing in Los Angeles as of yesterday the 9th via USPS. Hopefully I will receive tomorrow or Monday at latest. Are you tracking through Royal Mail or USPS?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2020, 03:28 PM   #97
TideMD
Some random guy
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 SO

Quote:
Placed my order on January 4th. Showing in Los Angeles as of yesterday the 9th via USPS. Hopefully I will receive tomorrow or Monday at latest. Are you tracking through Royal Mail or USPS?
Tried tracking through both sites, using the original Royal Mail tracking number. USPS and RM both show the last update as processed through receiving facility in Chicago 25 Dec.

Did you get a standard USPS tracking number or only the Royal Mail RYxxxx number?
      01-10-2020, 03:30 PM   #98
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TideMD View Post
Quote:
Tried tracking through both sites, using the original Royal Mail tracking number. USPS and RM both show the last update as processed through receiving facility in Chicago 25 Dec.

Did you get a standard USPS tracking number or only the Royal Mail RYxxxx number?
Just one tracking... works on both sites.

I would contact USPS.
Appreciate 1
TideMD291.50
      01-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #99
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Comp, 2017 Macan Turbo

I received mine yesterday and installed it like 5 minutes ago. Looks nice. Wish I had a rear set. I'll take pictures and upload when I can
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 10:53 AM   #100
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep

Pictures uploaded. Install literally took a whole 10 seconds. I found it easier to install from the speaker side first and work your way down to the end.

I got my ambient lights coded to 100% as well.

Definitely a cool look especially at night.

I wish I could find a set for the rear seats.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      01-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #101
weytie
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danlnyc88 View Post
Pictures uploaded. Install literally took a whole 10 seconds. I found it easier to install from the speaker side first and work your way down to the end.

Nice !
Wich ones did you order?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 05:03 PM   #102
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weytie View Post
Quote:

Nice !
Wich ones did you order?
The ambientmodz? one
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 08:58 PM   #103
OtisF80M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

You can code them to be even brighter even after setting them to max in the menu?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 09:09 PM   #104
Danlnyc88
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtisF80M3 View Post
Quote:

You can code them to be even brighter even after setting them to max in the menu?
Yes I believe the stock ones max out at 67% or something like that. Honestly don't know the level it's set at but with coding you can increase the brightness to 100%

You can definitely tell the interior is a little bit brighter in pitch dark.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2020, 10:39 AM   #105
whitedc5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f82

$73 USD shipped for a strip of plastic is steep
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:19 AM   #106
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Received the hard plastic version today... I can now give a complete review between the silicone and hard plastic.

Hard plastic
Pros: Easy to install, OEM look
Cons: Not as bright as silicone, not as visible as silicone, strips are very thin you loose visibility even from the opposite seat.

Silicone
Pros: Bright, thicker and visible
Cons: Difficult to install, aftermarket look.

*pictures look much brighter then they actually do in person.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      01-16-2020, 12:36 AM   #107
weytie
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Received the hard plastic version today... I can now give a complete review between the silicone and hard plastic.

Hard plastic
Pro's: Easy to install, OEM look
Con's: Not as bright as silicone, not as visible as silicone, strips are very thin you loose visibility even from the opposite seat.

Silicone
Pro's: Bright, thicker and visible
Con's: Difficult to install, aftermarket look.

So now what type is your favorite?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:32 AM   #108
TheBreeze
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Just installed on my f80, and while I like the look, $60 for these 4 slivers of plastic is pretty nuts lol.
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2020, 11:38 PM   #109
mindcontrollerone
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by weytie View Post
Quote:

Hard plastic
Pro's: Easy to install, OEM look
Con's: Not as bright as silicone, not as visible as silicone, strips are very thin you loose visibility even from the opposite seat.

Silicone
Pro's: Bright, thicker and visible
Con's: Difficult to install, aftermarket look.

So now what type is your favorite?
I'm torn, but decided to keep the hard plastic.

It took me over 20 minutes to re-install the silicone... pain in the ass!

Below is a size comparison... you can clearly see why the silicone is much brighter and more visible overall.

If anyone wants the silicone dm me... I'll let them go for the balance I was not refunded + cost of shipping.
(Cheap)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2020, 12:22 AM   #110
weytie
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm torn, but decided to keep the hard plastic.

It took me over 20 minutes to re-install the silicone... pain in the ass!

Below is a size comparison... you can clearly see why the silicone is much brighter and more visible overall.

If anyone wants the silicone dm me... I'll let them go for the balance I was not refunded + cost of shipping.
(Cheap)
The emitting surface is way bigger by the silicone ones, but like you say, they are also more visible en looking as aftermarket.
Appreciate 1