Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

02-10-2020, 04:52 PM   #1
quikM2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Jahre M3

M performance mix and match body kit?

Ok so I am brand new to the M3 world as I just picked up a 2017 Jahre M3 with 72 km's on it (quite odd and funny) ... and while it has the comp pack its just the standard body kit. I am doing the MPE and would like to do a diffuser, spoiler, side skirts and front lip. I need some clarification as I would prefer OEM and M perf everything but from what I understand there is a matte black lip offered by M perf but only if you buy the CARBON left and right trim pieces. On top of the that the diffuser is only offered in carbon as well. So if you want a matte black lip you are mismatched with carbon elsewhere...

On top of that (according to BMW) they only make side skirts or blades for the M4 f82 and the part number will not work on the M3 f80. That being said I've read on the forum that they work just fine but they are a touch short...

Lastly they also say if you want to use the front lip it only works with the m perf spoiler for the 'aerodynamics' will be quite upset by using the lip on its own...

With all that said can anyone offer some recommendations on what parts they have done that they really like and if they wen't away from OEM and M perf what did they find that was high quality and good fitment in the aftermarket options.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 09:37 AM   #2
cionide
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post
Ok so I am brand new to the M3 world as I just picked up a 2017 Jahre M3 with 72 km's on it (quite odd and funny) ... and while it has the comp pack its just the standard body kit. I am doing the MPE and would like to do a diffuser, spoiler, side skirts and front lip. I need some clarification as I would prefer OEM and M perf everything but from what I understand there is a matte black lip offered by M perf but only if you buy the CARBON left and right trim pieces. On top of the that the diffuser is only offered in carbon as well. So if you want a matte black lip you are mismatched with carbon elsewhere...

On top of that (according to BMW) they only make side skirts or blades for the M4 f82 and the part number will not work on the M3 f80. That being said I've read on the forum that they work just fine but they are a touch short...

Lastly they also say if you want to use the front lip it only works with the m perf spoiler for the 'aerodynamics' will be quite upset by using the lip on its own...

With all that said can anyone offer some recommendations on what parts they have done that they really like and if they wen't away from OEM and M perf what did they find that was high quality and good fitment in the aftermarket options.
The front lip requires the two little carbon things for the front bumper - I forgot all of a sudden what they are called in english. The matte lip is meant to be painted, as well as the matte side blades (you'd put the big black m performance sticker on the side skirts and then have the painted blades under it which optically lowers the car). The rear diffuser is only available in carbon. You can use the rear spoiler without the front lip - I live in europe and regularly hit vmax on the highways without any problems. I hit 180-190kph on my way to work every single day.

The two front carbon spoilers for alot of knockoffs do not come out as far as the m perf ones do - you can find a ton of threads with people using knockoffs and then the original MP front lip not fitting properly.

Out of china stuff, jc sportline is the only aliexpress company i bought anything from that I was happy with. The rest seems to be poorly fitting garbage.

If you want good fit, just use the m-perf stuff (and even that isn't like IDEAL).
      02-11-2020, 09:49 AM   #3
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 YMB M3 6MT CP EP VP

Oem front lip attaches more securely with a extra brace compared to knockoffs. DO NOT go aftermarket.
You will need to have oem CF splitters with it though.
The lip can be left matte black or can be painted.

Side skirts fit both on coupe and sedan. On Sedan you will need to cut out room for Jacking points.

Oem trunk spoiler fits amazing and matches your roof and splitters. Nothing in the aftermarket comes close.

Oem diffuser does not extend all the way but fitment is great. Aftermarket diffusers fit 80%. If you go with matte black lip and size skirts you need to find a matte black diffuser.

Oh and if you put on a diffuser you’d foot trunk opening will not work

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 10:00 AM   #4
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

If you want all carbon...

- BMW M-Performance carbon fiber splitters
- BMW M-Performance carbon fiber lip
- BMW M-Performance carbon fiber diffuser
- RKP carbon fiber side blades

Bmw M-Performance has an all carbon fiber splitter and lip. You don't have to use the plastic one if you don't want to. M-Perf diffuser is carbon. Instead of OEM side blades, go with RKP side blades; they are carbon fiber.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 11:09 AM   #5
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikM2 View Post

We offer a front lip w/ splitters, side skirts, spoiler and exhaust tips

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2020, 02:19 PM   #6
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16 m3/20 x5m/23 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy L Garage View Post
Oem front lip attaches more securely with a extra brace compared to knockoffs. DO NOT go aftermarket.

Side skirts fit both on coupe and sedan. On Sedan you will need to cut out room for Jacking points.

Oem trunk spoiler fits amazing and matches your roof and splitters. Nothing in the aftermarket comes close.

Oem diffuser does not extend all the way but fitment is great. Aftermarket diffusers fit 80%. If you go with matte black lip and size skirts you need to find a matte black diffuser.

So you bought cheap ebay parts and you think that means all diffusers and cf parts fit bad because you bought poor quality ones. Got it.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2020, 02:21 PM   #7
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
Quote:

So you bought cheap ebay parts and you think that means all diffusers and cf parts fit bad because you bought poor quality ones. Got it.
Yup exactly
Not all were cheap eBay parts
I have yet to see an aftermarket product which fits and looks as great as OEM
And for the front lip to be functional it needs to be properly attached to the bumper. Self tapping screws and double sided tape won't cut it. I ripped my aftermarket one at the track because aero pulled it out. Which is why MP and even CS and GTS models use additional bracing for the lip
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 02:46 PM   #8
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yup exactly
And for the front lip to be functional it needs to be properly attached to the bumper. Self tapping screws and double sided tape won't cut it. I ripped my aftermarket one at the track because aero pulled it out. Which is why MP and even CS and GTS models use additional bracing for the lip
Would expect more objectivity from a Youtuber. Your opinion is pretty far off from the real world. You get what you pay for with these types of items. If you're expecting the same quality and fit from a $300 lip as an OEM $1500 one you're gonna have a bad time. You do know there's literally thousands of factories making these parts right?

I have an RW spoiler and diffuser, and its definitely better than the 80% youre referring to, which must be fact right?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 03:40 PM   #9
arashir
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Quote:
I have an RW spoiler and diffuser, and its definitely better than the 80% youre referring to, which must be fact right?
I think RW carbon is a replica carbon maker, right?
In my experience the big 3D Design (not replica) diffuser was just as good as OEM spoiler quality and fit 100% perfectly
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 03:47 PM   #10
Tommy L Garage
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yup exactly
Would expect more objectivity from a Youtuber. Your opinion is pretty far off from the real world. You get what you pay for with these types of items. If you're expecting the same quality and fit from a $300 lip as an OEM $1500 one you're gonna have a bad time. You do know there's literally thousands of factories making these parts right?

Hate to be confrontational so I'll stop
but this diffuser photo you posted does not fit 100 percent. It bows in the middle and has uneven gaps on the side. I'm sure others won't notice but I do which is why I'm so anal.
I really don't wanna argue because what's the point. Your opinion versus mine.
Appreciate 2
9M711233.50
      02-11-2020, 04:08 PM   #11
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yup exactly

Hate to be confrontational so I'll stop
but this diffuser photo you posted does not fit 100 percent. It bows in the middle and has uneven gaps on the side. I'm sure others won't notice but I do which is why I'm so anal.
I really don't wanna argue because what's the point. Your opinion versus mine.
Exactly Tommy. No need in arguing and being confrontational. Appreciate your contributions.
      02-11-2020, 04:25 PM   #12
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arashir View Post
I think RW carbon is a replica carbon maker, right?
In my experience the big 3D Design (not replica) diffuser was just as good as OEM spoiler quality and fit 100% perfectly
yes they make reps and have some unique designs too
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #13
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

We now offer our own XPH products. Before releasing a new product, sample batch is checked, installed and tested. If needed we make revisions to better the product before release.

Its a slow process and cost us a lot of money but its worth it in my opinion. In return the vast majority of our customers are very happy with the quality, fitment and price of our products.

Checkout this video. We had the opportunity to make the tips similar to the example shown. It would have cost us half of what it cost us now to make them. We decided not to because our goal is to offer quality product at a bargain price not just cheap stuff

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 04:43 PM   #14
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
We now offer our own XPH products. Before releasing a new product, sample batch is checked, installed and tested. If needed we make revisions to better the product before release.

Its a slow process and cost us a lot of money but its worth it in my opinion. In return the vast majority of our customers are very happy with the quality, fitment and price of our products.

Checkout this video. We had the opportunity to make the tips similar to the example shown. It would have cost us half of what it cost us now to make them. We decided not to because our goal is to offer quality product at a bargain price not just cheap stuff

I think the entire forum knows this. Youre literally in every other thread hocking this stuff.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 05:15 PM   #15
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I think the entire forum knows this. Youre literally in every other thread hocking this stuff.
its very important to make it clear that products might look similar in photoshopped picture but in real life there is a big difference in quality, fitment and durability.

This thread is the best example. Some customers try one brand, do not like it and make an assumption that all less expensive options are bad quality/fitment.

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #16
Taco_Bueno
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM BMW M4 F82

I've heard a lot of great things about XPH and that's the route I'll be taking personally. I just can't justify spending an extra $5k on parts that don't add value to your car, are easily damaged, and are indistinguishably higher quality unless upon very close inspection
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #17
9M71
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 | 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Yup exactly

Huge RW fanboy over here, evident by almost every other post. You sure you're not affiliated in anyway?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 10:19 PM   #18
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco_Bueno View Post
I've heard a lot of great things about XPH and that's the route I'll be taking personally. I just can't justify spending an extra $5k on parts that don't add value to your car, are easily damaged, and are indistinguishably higher quality unless upon very close inspection
Thank you

We offer 30 day money back guarantee, if you do not like the items for any reason you can send it back no questions asked

Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 11:45 AM   #19
cionide
Second Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 ZCP

Careful with mixing and matching carbon stuff. The weaves and color don't always match.
      02-12-2020, 12:13 PM   #20
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9M4N71U View Post
Huge RW fanboy over here, evident by almost every other post. You sure you're not affiliated in anyway?
Thanks for taking the time to look at my previous posts Im a good customer of theirs, I bought like 20 items from them over the years.
Appreciate 0