European Auto Source (EAS)
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

01-30-2015, 08:55 PM   #89
JGluck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4, 2014 F10 535i

What time is everyone going to be headed to Caffeine and Octane on Sunday. I'm and ATL and am planning on showing up. Looking forward to meeting some other m3/m4 owners down here!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 11:32 PM   #90
///M Villain
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGluck View Post
What time is everyone going to be headed to Caffeine and Octane on Sunday. I'm and ATL and am planning on showing up. Looking forward to meeting some other m3/m4 owners down here!
Normally at the old location people would be there early as 5:30am depending on the season. And from what I've seen this winter folks showed up at the old location around 6am, and in saying that I'm not sure what the turn out will be for the new spot. But I would aim to get there around 6:30 or 7am as there is more parking now.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 12:48 AM   #91
OtakuRevel
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO E82 1M /// MW F80 M3

Good meeting you in person Mvillian. Glad we were able to chat for a minute.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 12:17 PM   #92
jayboyyyy
Rep
Drives: M4

2015 M4
MG
6MT
ATL / Lindbergh

Will be working on coding the car as soon as my ENET cable comes in if anyone around here is familiar with that and wants to share some experience.

Only pic I have is from the PCD. I bought it from a Nebraska dealer at a pretty hefty discount so PCD was my best option for pick up. Cool experience as well.

I put tint on the car since this pic obviously. 25% 3m on sides and 70% on front.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 02:46 PM   #93
///M Villain
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuRevel View Post
Good meeting you in person Mvillian. Glad we were able to chat for a minute.
Same, nice meeting people with great taste in cars!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 02:47 PM   #94
///M Villain
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboyyyy View Post
2015 M4
MG
6MT
ATL / Lindbergh

Will be working on coding the car as soon as my ENET cable comes in if anyone around here is familiar with that and wants to share some experience.

Only pic I have is from the PCD. I bought it from a Nebraska dealer at a pretty hefty discount so PCD was my best option for pick up. Cool experience as well.

I put tint on the car since this pic obviously. 25% 3m on sides and 70% on front.
Congrats on the car! Perfect color too!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #95
jayboyyyy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Villain View Post
Congrats on the car! Perfect color too!
appreciate it. I do like the color for the long run. If I didn't keep my cars that long i might go for a more exotic color but its pretty risky if my tastes change over the next little while. I know of one shop in atl that is tuning an m3/4 right now. can't remember the name. friend told me about it on some bmw facebook webpage. looking forward to see where they get it at and their cost for the tune. i think they have it all the way to 480 to the wheel right now...

I just need to learn how to code this car so i can get that seatbelt warning to go the hell away. and the exhaust flap opened, and the euro headlights. and obviously more odds and ends. I mean come on, i know when im not wearing a seatbelt. its never by accident so stop telling me to put it on...

oh and video playback while driving would be nice for my passenger. HUD display changes... so much to look forward to.

oh and this 1200 mile break in stuff is just rubbish. i drive 8 miles total to and from work so getting to 1200 miles is actually pretty time consuming.

I have only dealt with United BMW in the past. Has roswell stepped it up or something? I was still under the consideration that Gwinnett was still the best of the best service wise. They were the only ones to make BMW recent top list of dealerships as well.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 03:10 PM   #96
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, 90 GTR, 21 Gladiator

Quote:
appreciate it. I do like the color for the long run. If I didn't keep my cars that long i might go for a more exotic color but its pretty risky if my tastes change over the next little while. I know of one shop in atl that is tuning an m3/4 right now. can't remember the name. friend told me about it on some bmw facebook webpage. looking forward to see where they get it at and their cost for the tune. i think they have it all the way to 480 to the wheel right now...

I just need to learn how to code this car so i can get that seatbelt warning to go the hell away. and the exhaust flap opened, and the euro headlights. and obviously more odds and ends. I mean come on, i know when im not wearing a seatbelt. its never by accident so stop telling me to put it on...

oh and video playback while driving would be nice for my passenger. HUD display changes... so much to look forward to.

oh and this 1200 mile break in stuff is just rubbish. i drive 8 miles total to and from work so getting to 1200 miles is actually pretty time consuming.

I have only dealt with United BMW in the past. Has roswell stepped it up or something? I was still under the consideration that Gwinnett was still the best of the best service wise. They were the only ones to make BMW recent top list of dealerships as well.
Anywhere but Global. That's my motto.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 03:22 PM   #97
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
Anywhere but Global. That's my motto.
Exactly. Kip Stovall over at United Roswell is a great SA. I have never been to Gwinnett too far.

BTW will you bastards stop buying MG cars already. Geez I'm gonna have to trade in.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #98
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

Btw... United has 11...yes, 11 used F8Xs listed right now. How on earth is that possible?? Maybe they had a fleet buy and are selling them now?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 03:39 PM   #99
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accel Junky View Post
Btw... United has 11...yes, 11 used F8Xs listed right now. How on earth is that possible?? Maybe they had a fleet buy and are selling them now?
They are the only dealer in the US with demos. These are demos from PCD and other places. 1k miles will get you $8k off. Good deals to be had.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 03:40 PM   #100
Accel Junky
High on Acceleration
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
They are the only dealer in the US with demos. These are demos from PCD and other places. 1k miles will get you $8k off. Good deals to be had.
Ok, wow that makes sense now. Not bad.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 03:44 PM   #101
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
2015 M4
MG
6MT
ATL / Lindbergh

Sweet car. Exact same build as me but I got the discount and 2 more doors.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #102
jayboyyyy
Rep

honestly not trying to brag at all. But we are so close to PCD that it makes since to shop around BMW dealers across the nation for best pricing. I built mine in November 6,500 off purchasing from a dealer in Nebraska that I had never met. United wouldn't give me a discount at all. Global would give me 3.5K but i had to do European delivery. Those PCD used cars have more than 1K miles fyi. The ones i drove in had over 3K.

I also wouldn't trust the online used car market located on BMWs website or where ever it is. I saw they had three listed when i was going to look at them. Got to united. Not only were they not there, but they were not anywhere. They said they were sold already. Makes me think they just post pictures of cars to get people in the door then sell you on the inventory they have on hand (i could be wrong obviously). I do know that my brother did the same thing with two different BMW dealers that had cars listed on their used car listing that they did not have once you owned. One guy even told him to come test drive it then called him 5 minutes before we got there to say that he went to go find it in the lot and it apparently had already been sold... hmmm.

finally, i do think the MG color looks pretty good. I don't mind if other people drive around with the same car and color. I bought it because I liked the colors and i love the car. Most people around these parts anyway don't even know the difference between an m3 m4 or 335i.

On a different note, this cold weather has been a pleasure to drive in once the tires get warmed up.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 05:05 PM   #103
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
honestly not trying to brag at all. But we are so close to PCD that it makes since to shop around BMW dealers across the nation for best pricing. I built mine in November 6,500 off purchasing from a dealer in Nebraska that I had never met. United wouldn't give me a discount at all. Global would give me 3.5K but i had to do European delivery. Those PCD used cars have more than 1K miles fyi. The ones i drove in had over 3K.

I also wouldn't trust the online used car market located on BMWs website or where ever it is. I saw they had three listed when i was going to look at them. Got to united. Not only were they not there, but they were not anywhere. They said they were sold already. Makes me think they just post pictures of cars to get people in the door then sell you on the inventory they have on hand (i could be wrong obviously). I do know that my brother did the same thing with two different BMW dealers that had cars listed on their used car listing that they did not have once you owned. One guy even told him to come test drive it then called him 5 minutes before we got there to say that he went to go find it in the lot and it apparently had already been sold... hmmm.

finally, i do think the MG color looks pretty good. I don't mind if other people drive around with the same car and color. I bought it because I liked the colors and i love the car. Most people around these parts anyway don't even know the difference between an m3 m4 or 335i.

On a different note, this cold weather has been a pleasure to drive in once the tires get warmed up.
I was able to get a decent discount at United. The MG color thing was a joke.

I drove one of the demo cars Saturday and it had 1300 miles on it. I guess it varies a good bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #104
jayboyyyy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
I was able to get a decent discount at United. The MG color thing was a joke.

I drove one of the demo cars Saturday and it had 1300 miles on it. I guess it varies a good bit.
Ya I knew you were kidding around about the color. But it does honestly look like there is a lot of mg out there. I felt the guy I was dealing with their (forget his name) wasn't going to be able to go below a couple thousand off of the build. But I know that stuff can be based on how many customs they have left to order at the end of the month. Also, on the pcd thing I wasn't meaning that the used cars at united all had 3k miles, I was meaning that the guys at the pcd told me that they got rid of them a Lil after 3k. The lowest mileage on any of the cars I drove there were mid 2000. Especially if you get an m, they can't even let you test drive it at pcd until after the break in BC you try is hard as you can to wreck that car at the pcd. They encourage you to try to abuse the car as much as possible. And I did ha.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 08:23 PM   #105
paul'sM3
Rep
Drives: 2015 TB/SO M3

Paul
M3
Tanzanite Blue
DCT
Augusta
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 09:05 PM   #106
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul'sM3 View Post
Paul
M3
Tanzanite Blue
DCT
Augusta
Awesome Tanzanite! Pics?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2015, 09:21 PM   #107
///M Villain
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Paul
M3
Tanzanite Blue
DCT
Augusta
Nice and congrats! I go to Augusta every year, I may be down there this spring or so.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #108
Giggity
Private
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3RS, Audi SQ5

Quote:
Paul
M3
Tanzanite Blue
DCT
Augusta
great color! What is the interior? congrats and pics!
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 02:22 PM   #109
paul'sM3
Rep
Drives: 2015 TB/SO M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggity
Quote:
Paul
M3
Tanzanite Blue
DCT
Augusta
great color! What is the interior? congrats and pics!
SO interior.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2015, 03:32 PM   #110
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep

Quote:
SO interior.
Ahh man they released these colors just a couple weeks too late for me. I envy your car! Looks fabulous.
Appreciate 0