Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

02-06-2022, 08:38 PM   #23
JustAnothaM4
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 GTS

Garage List
2016 BMW M4 GTS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
I looked at the diagram for the GTS's sound system (attached) and it seems there's no amp... it just goes from head unit to the speakers...

Has anyone done anything to the sound of this car since the last time i started this thread?
Back from the dead...So wait a damn minute..Theres no amp??

Has anyone done the Bavsound underseat sub and rear speaker upgrade? Added the Bavsound amp to match?
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2022, 02:47 AM   #24
Maxxxp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
Quote:
How bad is the sound system in this thing? I completely forgot to even try the stereo when I test drove one... but then read that there are only total of 6 speakers, including 2 little tweeters.

Has anyone upgraded it or did any modifications to it? I know, I know "track car, don't need sound system, get a regular m4...." frankly, been there done that. What can I say, I like weird things and track cars, even though, they never see any track time

Thanks for your input.
There are no speakers in the doors (actually, there's nothing in the door panels, not even comfort access), so all the sound comes from the back. Is it good sound? Probably not, but I'm not an audiophile. I'm just glad it has a radio.
Nice 👍
Appreciate 1
      02-09-2022, 03:15 AM   #25
Maxxxp
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
Quote:
How bad is the sound system in this thing? I completely forgot to even try the stereo when I test drove one... but then read that there are only total of 6 speakers, including 2 little tweeters.

Has anyone upgraded it or did any modifications to it? I know, I know "track car, don't need sound system, get a regular m4...." frankly, been there done that. What can I say, I like weird things and track cars, even though, they never see any track time

Thanks for your input.
There are no speakers in the doors (actually, there's nothing in the door panels, not even comfort access), so all the sound comes from the back. Is it good sound? Probably not, but I'm not an audiophile. I'm just glad it has a radio.
Nice
Appreciate 1