Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Members Classifieds > Cars for Sale / Lease Takeover

08-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
cschristian78
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black M3

2017 Black M3

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 69,500.00

Or Best Offer
Shipping Costs Included

Item Interest
2017 M3 : $69,500
Black Sapphire Metallic
Competition Package
Executive Package
Lighting Package
M Competition package
M Double-clutch transmission
Apple CarPlay
Performance Analyzer IOS
LED Door Projector
Garage kept
1-Owner
Daily driver, never tracked.

Will negotiate! PM me if interested.

No test drives - you know what you are buying!

Car can be found here:
https://cargur.us/jcyJr

Last edited by cschristian78; 08-17-2017 at 10:15 PM.. Reason: Price was missing.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
cschristian78
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black M3

Any feedback is welcomed whether there is interest or not. Is price fair? Not looking to take anyone to the bank but not really wanting to give it away either. Would be good to hear if I am way off base or in ballpark to start negotiations. Maybe turn the tables and ask what you are willing to pay (and nothing doesn't count)!?

I just posted the car on cargurus and not to be alarmed, but I am using my photos of the car when purchased new. I will post additional pictures this weekend to ease any concerns.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
qba335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

In my opinion the car is overpriced. You can get a brand new from the dealer around your ask price (79k sticker).

$10k lower and you have a chance of selling it.

Nice car and good luck with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2017, 06:29 PM   #4
mwh2009
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschristian78 View Post
Any feedback is welcomed whether there is interest or not. Is price fair? Not looking to take anyone to the bank but not really wanting to give it away either. Would be good to hear if I am way off base or in ballpark to start negotiations. Maybe turn the tables and ask what you are willing to pay (and nothing doesn't count)!?

I just posted the car on cargurus and not to be alarmed, but I am using my photos of the car when purchased new. I will post additional pictures this weekend to ease any concerns.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I'm interested in seeing how you do on price here - this board is full of folks who have an opinion but aren't in the market to buy.

So I wouldn't go crazy lowering your price - $69500 is in the neighborhood for a new one, BUT - 2018s aren't shipping to the US in large numbers yet and yours is pretty loaded up. And there are less equipped 2016 models going for more than the previous poster said you should sell for.

And you also clearly say OBO - so folks can make offers.

I wouldn't go any lower than $65 if I were in your shoes.

Of course it also depends on how fast you need to sell - listing it on eBay motors or cars.com would be a good option too.
No longer with me: 2018 Golf R, 2017 F80 M3, 2016 F30 340i xDrive
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #5
itsmejoehaha
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: TurboS, GT3, X5M, Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by qba335i View Post
In my opinion the car is overpriced. You can get a brand new from the dealer around your ask price (79k sticker).

59k? God I hope you are not in a position where you recommend any sort of financial advice
Appreciate 1
Graves1130.00
      09-06-2017, 03:19 PM   #6
kerm1t
Captain
Rep
Drives: 17 M3 ZCP Stage 2

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejoehaha View Post
59k? God I hope you are not in a position where you recommend any sort of financial advice
checking his past posts, he seems to be an expert on telling people how to price their cars

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 04:04 PM   #7
AW2015M3
BMWaddict4life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

BMW dealers discounting the prices of M3s and M4s is true - not sure if that is 15% though

I would expect a new M3 with 79K sticker to be in the 74K ballpark but that being said amazing deals can be found so although I wouldnt say that this car is overpriced I would also agree that this car is not "priced to sell"

A car is a depreciating asset so $10K off MSRP is not going to cut it ... I would probably side with the previous comment about 65K
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #8
qba335i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerm1t View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmejoehaha View Post
checking his past posts, he seems to be an expert on telling people how to price their cars

Not an expert...

1) I Sold my car a few weeks ago so went through this process myself. This time is was not as easy, people want deals and market is not there. Check the forum here - how many cars are listed for over a month, and many times people lower the price. What actually sells are nice cars that are priced VERY competitively.

2) I visited a few dealerships to shop around (BMW, MB, Porsche, Audi). They are all already getting pretty aggressive on pricing and discounts. New 2017 BMW leftovers are sold at 10% discounts around here. There will be many off lease cars flooding the market so further price depreciation in used car market is expected.

3) I read a few research reports about auto industry. Let me just tell you that the outlook is not very bright... Good for buyers with money/credit, but bad for sellers.

Eventually the market will dictate what is fairly priced vs overpriced.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2017, 10:35 PM   #9
Memphis17CPM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 CP M4

Garage List
2017 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW2015M3 View Post
BMW dealers discounting the prices of M3s and M4s is true - not sure if that is 15% though

I would expect a new M3 with 79K sticker to be in the 74K ballpark but that being said amazing deals can be found so although I wouldnt say that this car is overpriced I would also agree that this car is not "priced to sell"

A car is a depreciating asset so $10K off MSRP is not going to cut it ... I would probably side with the previous comment about 65K
I just picked up a '17 with 2,500 miles. Car has CP, EP, driver assist, etc. paid $72K. I did a nationwide search on '17s with the options I wanted in any color. As of 9/4 there were only 17 in the states. Dealers were offering 6% off to start, but not much past that. Penalties for '17s sitting on the lot are providing sellers leverage. However, since the market isn't flooded with 18s, GMs aren't super motivated to take a hair cut just yet. I was able to get mine with 8Y/100K extended warranty for several K less than a same year with zero miles.

Moral of the story, buyers are out there and most of us do the research as many of us use our brains to create the income to piss away on this type of therapeutic relief.

Hint: find a salesman who likes to make cash on the side, he will link you up with a buyer. I dealt with a guy in Charlotte who was exceptionally helpful to my cause.
Appreciate 0