Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-28-2020, 02:04 PM   #23
thump604
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims M3 View Post
They screwed me at the end too on the price, it was bait and switch. Honestly I would steer clear of this dealership, they are not very trustworthy.

They told me they had to prep my car and wax it before I picked it up. When I got to the site they were washing it for the first time, no beading on the paint it clearly hadn't been detailed.

Then the tint was falling off the windows, they replaced the windshield that was cracked but the new windshield already had a chip in it.

They are sketchy for sure.
I told them I was backing out. Too may alarms going off. Now they are to waive the dealer prep fee and I don't have to sign the arbitration agreement. Told 'em I would think about it. I hate the car buying process.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 02:50 PM   #24
Jims M3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M, F80 M3, C7 Z51

I think you're making a wise choice. I would never buy from them again. It was a horrible experience. They acknowledged all of my complaints I put in my review were correct and offered me 1k to take it down. That is how screwed up they are. They buy sketchy cars and try to pass them off as great cars. I did a ton of work on my M6 when getting it re-conditioned.

This one is available in Ft Worth, this is an honest car and a great dealership. Their cars are always in amazing condition.

https://www.shopautobahnbmw.com/inve...3r9c36ha014335
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 03:02 PM   #25
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport

Buy private from a seller on Bimmerpost. Majority of people here are honest enthusiasts who maintain cars very well. Depending on your state, you will save a lot on taxes. You can ship a car cross country for around $1k. I have done it several times in the past and make a little trip out of it, so the transaction in person, and either drive the car home or have it shipped back.

I have never bought a car from a dealership, and don't intend to. It's a little more effort on your end but it will usually save you money, and save you the headache of working with dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:04 PM   #26
thump604
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbweber View Post
Buy private from a seller on Bimmerpost. Majority of people here are honest enthusiasts who maintain cars very well. Depending on your state, you will save a lot on taxes. You can ship a car cross country for around $1k. I have done it several times in the past and make a little trip out of it, so the transaction in person, and either drive the car home or have it shipped back.

I have never bought a car from a dealership, and don't intend to. It's a little more effort on your end but it will usually save you money, and save you the headache of working with dealerships.
I may be utterly wrong in my logic, but here is what deters me from private purchase. I put a good chunk of cash down so I don’t have a big payment but I do finance the rest. Then with my current lender with the best APR I can find will only finance dealers in my state. Private and/or out of state comes with higher APR - different lender. maybe the pros outweigh this but this has been my driving logic

Last edited by thump604; 05-28-2020 at 05:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2020, 05:10 PM   #27
thump604
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims M3 View Post
I think you're making a wise choice. I would never buy from them again. It was a horrible experience. They acknowledged all of my complaints I put in my review were correct and offered me 1k to take it down. That is how screwed up they are. They buy sketchy cars and try to pass them off as great cars. I did a ton of work on my M6 when getting it re-conditioned.

This one is available in Ft Worth, this is an honest car and a great dealership. Their cars are always in amazing condition.

https://www.shopautobahnbmw.com/inve...3r9c36ha014335
That is nice but 10k more and not comp. I did call my local bmw dealership and they ran the vin and said all service and maint looks good. PPI also came back clean aside from minor body work. It also has factory warranty left. They agreed to waive the dealer prep fee and I don’t have to sign the arbitration and they are not charging to deliver. With all that I’m leaning towards it. I super appreciate your feedback and advice and do take it to heart. I’m hoping with my due diligence, warranty and negotiation, it will have a positive outcome.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 09:16 AM   #28
bmbweber
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump604 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmbweber View Post

I may be utterly wrong in my logic, but here is what deters me from private purchase. I put a good chunk of cash down so I don't have a big payment but I do finance the rest. Then with my current lender with the best APR I can find will only finance dealers in my state. Private and/or out of state comes with higher APR - different lender. maybe the pros outweigh this but this has been my driving logic
All depends on the lender and state I guess. In Illinois PNC lends for private party auto loans, I didn't end up financing my car but I believe the APR was around 3.25% for 48 months with excellent credit.

Everyone's downpayment/credit/lenders will all be different so it will vary. But if your paying cash, private is the best route. I bought a Cali car, shipped it back to Illinois and taxes were only 1.5k instead of 7.7% state tax on 60k.
Appreciate 0