Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M3 (F80) and BMW M4 (F82) General Forum

05-26-2020, 11:45 AM   #1
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Recaro Pole Positions.

You can move this thread but want some eyes on it first....

Anyone in here own these seats?
Im sure there's a few.

With the people that do, how is it on long trips if you've done so? (2-6 hour type of deal)
Daily drivable?
Any other caveats, pros to know about?

Would you rather Pole position or Sportster CS?

OEM doesn't hold me tight enough for spirited drives and I want to be a racerboy
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
aBMWfan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' M3/'15 M4/ '06 M3/ '09 M3/

For you I recommend the Recaro Sportster GT.

I personally run Euro GTS seats which are based on the Pole Position ABE, they are actually very comfortable for fixed back as they are OEM I’m also 26 and my back can handle a comfortable fixed back seat. Car is also not my daily anymore.

But for full seat belt function and reclining which is especially important for rear seat access, get the Sportster GT. For full oem functionality get Sportster CS with heat and airbags
Appreciate 1
      05-26-2020, 02:26 PM   #3
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post

Im sure there's a few.

With the people that do, how is it on long trips if you've done so? (2-6 hour type of deal)
Daily drivable?

OEM doesn't hold me tight enough for spirited drives and I want to be a racerboy
2 completely different seats. Once is a race shell, while the other is a touring seat.

For daily drivers, choose the Sportster (either in CS or GT trim). We have been an authorized Recaro for 10+ years and can get you what you need, including mounting solutions. Or if you're local, we have seats in our showroom you can try to see what's most comfortable.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 02:59 PM   #4
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
For you I recommend the Recaro Sportster GT.

I personally run Euro GTS seats which are based on the Pole Position ABE, they are actually very comfortable for fixed back as they are OEM I’m also 26 and my back can handle a comfortable fixed back seat. Car is also not my daily anymore.

But for full seat belt function and reclining which is especially important for rear seat access, get the Sportster GT. For full oem functionality get Sportster CS with heat and airbags
Thanks for your input.

Luckily theres a Recaro dealer close to me so I will hopefully try them out before anything.

Forgot to state, this actually isn't a car I take to work, have a commuter for that. I daily drive it to the gym and its 2 miles away. And long road trips are not common whatsoever.

So a the ABE version could do fine... anyhow just gotta sit in them first to make a decision.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 03:07 PM   #5
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
I daily drive it to the gym and its 2 miles away. And long road trips are not common whatsoever.
C’mon... gotta stretch those legs out. Barely any miles to even warm up the engine oil. I’d find a gym further from the house ;-)
Appreciate 2
Mar481099.50
      05-28-2020, 05:25 PM   #6
Rhd-jon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:

Im sure there's a few.

Daily drivable?

I have two Pole position Recaro seats in my F80 longest trip i’ve done was 4hrs and i feel i can do longer i’ve done a 16 hr trip to Tennessee in a Honda Civic with bucket seats few years back. I don’t daily the car but i do drive it about twice a week here and there. FYi my wife hates the fact she has to sit in them 😂
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 11:56 PM   #7
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhd-jon View Post
I have two Pole position Recaro seats in my F80 longest trip i’ve done was 4hrs and i feel i can do longer i’ve done a 16 hr trip to Tennessee in a Honda Civic with bucket seats few years back. I don’t daily the car but i do drive it about twice a week here and there. FYi my wife hates the fact she has to sit in them 😂
So I just got a chance in a whole slew of recaros and for sure I felt the best in the pole positions in terms of snugness.

But my lady was with me and the same sentiments were shared lol

I just saw a thread with x.shell mentioning the bolstering on the GT's and I gotta say, I was a bit taken back how similar it was to the OEM. And I have the speed cloths. I was expecting a bit more snugness
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 02:57 PM   #8
M 4 FUN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320 Si, M4 comp. M3 E46

I have the GTS seats in my M4 Comp. It's hard to ask if a seat is good as everyone is so differently built. I am 5,5" tall and a bit wide at my back and i can't sday that they are comfortable for my bodyshape stock. I had to make a thick lumbar support and also put padding under my butt to make them ok for me. Now they are acceptable. My longer thinner friends love them though as the sit higher up with their shoulders than i do. I love the look of them togehter with the M performance interior. Same leather, same alcantara, same stiching.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
swagon13506.50