Coby Wheel
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-12-2020, 04:25 PM   #1
Vader97
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Bootmod3 Tuning Error (Coding missing?)

Hey guys, used BM3 for the first time on my 2015 M4 today. Basically just followed all the steps and flashed the OTS 93 octane stage 2 map on there with some burbles. The tune uploaded but I got the following code: 021208 DME,Coding:missing

Started the car and the tune was flashed to it but the code is still there. Tried clearing it through BM3 and it was able to clear the CEL however the orange exclamation point is still on. It isn't in a limp mode, just has that light on and I want to know how I can clear it. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 05:25 PM   #2
dcpatters
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader97 View Post
Hey guys, used BM3 for the first time on my 2015 M4 today. Basically just followed all the steps and flashed the OTS 93 octane stage 2 map on there with some burbles. The tune uploaded but I got the following code: 021208 DME,Coding:missing

Started the car and the tune was flashed to it but the code is still there. Tried clearing it through BM3 and it was able to clear the CEL however the orange exclamation point is still on. It isn't in a limp mode, just has that light on and I want to know how I can clear it. Thank you
By chance, did you try the "RECODE" option from the flash page?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 06:22 PM   #3
Vader97
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcpatters View Post
Quote:

By chance, did you try the "RECODE" option from the flash page?
I think so
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 06:32 PM   #4
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

BM3 servers were restarted earlier today (around the time of your post). Try repeating the flash process, but this time, select the [Full Flash] option.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
chewbakam4
Major
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedPiston View Post
BM3 servers were restarted earlier today (around the time of your post). Try repeating the flash process, but this time, select the [Full Flash] option.
+1 they had an update go out but maybe your coding is just off. Just email them if having issues. They’re super quick to help.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 07:50 PM   #6
rapsquared
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2011 Lotus Evora

Remove burbles and repeat
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 03:05 PM   #7
Vader97
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbakam4 View Post
Quote:
+1 they had an update go out but maybe your coding is just off. Just email them if having issues. They’re super quick to help.
I went to go re flash and it couldn't connect to the car. It said that I should disconnect the negative terminal and ground on the battery and try again. Wasn't able to do so yet since I moved recently and don't have access to my tools to loosen the lead on the battery. What would cause it not to connect all of a sudden?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 03:14 PM   #8
FriedPiston
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Scraper

Quote:
I went to go re flash and it couldn't connect to the car. It said that I should disconnect the negative terminal and ground on the battery and try again. Wasn't able to do so yet since I moved recently and don't have access to my tools to loosen the lead on the battery. What would cause it not to connect all of a sudden?
It happens on rare occasions, usually after a bad/incomplete flash procedure. Disconnecting the negative will just expedite the wait time, but you can also lock the car and let the DME go to sleep for a few hours.

Make sure the OBD pins on the ENET are connected to the OBD port properly. Give it a little nudge to make sure the connection is flush.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 03:50 AM   #9
Vader97
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It happens on rare occasions, usually after a bad/incomplete flash procedure. Disconnecting the negative will just expedite the wait time, but you can also lock the car and let the DME go to sleep for a few hours.

Make sure the OBD pins on the ENET are connected to the OBD port properly. Give it a little nudge to make sure the connection is flush.
I'll try again today and update
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 08:30 PM   #10
Vader97
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Disconnected the negative lead on the battery and let it sit for about 5 minutes. Put it back on and reflashed the car entirely with the "unlock DME" option as well and it went through successfully. Without those prior codes. Now all I have to do is save up 2 million dollars for BMW to reinstall the right side of my trunk liner since they made accessing the battery on M4 convertibles the most annoying shit ever. It's crazy how they couldn't just engineer a simple hatch door to access the battery. Thanks for the tips though, I'm happy it worked lmao
Appreciate 0