Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

04-27-2022, 07:09 PM   #1
uwu
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Exclamation

A few days ago I decided to do a GTS transmission flash on my 2015 F80 with DCT and EDC via bootmod3. The flashing process went well and succeeded without any issue. Took the car out for a drive, stopped at a gas station to get gas (after 5-10 minutes of driving), got back in the car, and when I started the engine I got the "chassis function restricted" error on iDrive. Scanned for error codes using the bootmod3 diagnostic option and got no code at all. Decided to flash the car back to stock/OEM transmission mapping but the error still persists. When the error is present, the car defaulted to comfort/blanked/sport (engine/suspension/steering). I cannot change the engine, EDC, or steering mode at all, and M1/M2 buttons do not work.

Every time I shut the car off completely and then started the car back up this error would disappear (all systems ok on iDrive). However, it comes back randomly, sometimes 5-10 minutes of driving, sometimes 1-2 hours of driving. I scanned for the codes with Carly (since it does not show up on bootmod3 diag) and got the following codes under Integr. Chassis Module:

1) 4827A0 "SBS function - roll rate - error amplitude due to suspected error"
2) 4827A4 "SBS function - pitch rate - error amplitude due to suspected error"

Has anyone run into an issue like this before? I have tried looking through forum posts regarding chassis function restricted error, but the majority of the posts are due to GHAS error codes (sensors issues), and the error would stay on/never disappear for those guys which is way different from my case.

Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by uwu; 04-27-2022 at 09:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 09:32 PM   #2
TopJimmy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Comp xDrive

I had a trans freak out after a flash…got drivetrain errors too. Mine gave me R but not D. Good thing I was still in my driveway!

PTF needed to remote in and look around. They emailed a link that I opened on my laptop, while connected with a RJ45-OBD2 adapter cable. It was an ordeal.
      04-27-2022, 09:53 PM   #3
uwu
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopJimmy View Post
I had a trans freak out after a flash…got drivetrain errors too. Mine gave me R but not D. Good thing I was still in my driveway!

PTF needed to remote in and look around. They emailed a link that I opened on my laptop, while connected with a RJ45-OBD2 adapter cable. It was an ordeal.
Oh wow, that is scary. I'm glad you got it all sorted out though. Did it take the PTF guys long to figure out what was going on? I have sent them an email today regarding my issue but I am still waiting to hear back.

Luckily for me, everything works as far as the gear/shift selections (R/D/N/P, etc). But when I have the error on the dash, I am stuck in the default engine starting settings minus the suspension being blank. The car feels very heavy and stiff when the error is there, and because the error comes on randomly it's so frustrating. Hopefully, it won't be too hard or take too long to fix once the PTF guys get involved.

Last edited by uwu; 04-28-2022 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 06:53 PM   #4
Bettertomorrow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4

OP, did you resolve your “4827A0” issue? It happened to my M4 one time a few weeks back. I do not have BM3 GTS DCT, I have XHP Stage 2 (version 1.2 April-22). Perhaps I need to update to latest version, I see that there have been two updates since April.
Appreciate 1
r0wr589.00
      06-29-2022, 07:47 PM   #5
uwu
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettertomorrow View Post
OP, did you resolve your "4827A0" issue? It happened to my M4 one time a few weeks back. I do not have BM3 GTS DCT, I have XHP Stage 2 (version 1.2 April-22). Perhaps I need to update to latest version, I see that there have been two updates since April.
Sadly, I am still dealing with the chassis function restricted. PTF remoted in few days after I made the thread to help out but didn't fix the issue. At the time they said it's because my transmission software was out of date that's why I got this error when I flashed their GTS. They flashed my car with the updated stock software and everything was fine for like 2 weeks of driving. Then I went out of town and parked the car for about a week (not sure if this is even related), came back the same issue resurfaced. Ever since the issue been showing up on and off randomly. It's so annoying and I have no idea what's going on. I have booked an appointment with a very reputable BMW shop in my area next Friday so they can take a look at it. Hopefully it's nothing major.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 01:19 PM   #6
Bettertomorrow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4

Sorry to hear that! Mine showed one time but it's been fine since. Please update if you find anything from bmw shop.
15 BMW F83 M4, MHD Stage 2, CBC, xHP Stage 2, ADD W1 Catchcan, AA Single Mid, Eibach Pro, 12.5mm spacers, BMC drop-in with charcoal removed, other misc/cosmetics (Alpha 1 speakers, all exterior LED light bulbs, ambient light upgrade-center console/doors, Hardwired Garmin Dashcam)
15 BMW X3 x35i
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2022, 04:20 PM   #7
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Mine did it the first time i flashed it..... they had me do a DME re-set in the application and boom...fixed
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 07:08 AM   #8
Skdanny
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 f82 m4

Hi mate have you problem be solved?

I am thinking about to flash my 2014 f82 DCT too
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 07:38 AM   #9
kubax86
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skdanny View Post

easily doable - no issues at all
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2022, 08:53 PM   #10
uwu
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skdanny View Post

Sorry for not providing an update, I have been super busy. I would say you are okay to flash the gts transmission. After having the shop looked over the car, it turned out to be a failing edc sensor on front left side. It hasn't fully failed yet that's why it keeps coming on and off apparently. They replaced it with a new one and all is good now (fingers crossed), although I haven't been driving the car much at all since the repair.

Must have been a crazy coincidence or something that I got this issue 10 minutes after the flash. Also, why it decided to behave and gave me no issue for a good bit before it happened again after PTF guys remoted in and re-flashed/updated my transmission is beyond me lol. Maybe the flash and edc are not related at all..who knows at this point.
Appreciate 1
MR RIZK757.50
      08-15-2022, 04:12 AM   #11
Skdanny
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 f82 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwu View Post
Sorry for not providing an update, I have been super busy. I would say you are okay to flash the gts transmission. After having the shop looked over the car, it turned out to be a failing edc sensor on front left side. It hasn't fully failed yet that's why it keeps coming on and off apparently. They replaced it with a new one and all is good now (fingers crossed), although I haven't been driving the car much at all since the repair.

Must have been a crazy coincidence or something that I got this issue 10 minutes after the flash. Also, why it decided to behave and gave me no issue for a good bit before it happened again after PTF guys remoted in and re-flashed/updated my transmission is beyond me lol. Maybe the flash and edc are not related at all..who knows at this point.

Thank you so much for your reply mate.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 06:23 PM   #12
k9lovr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 and 22' X3M40i

This happened to me today. Got the car back from a O2 sensor replacement and oil leak fix, flashed the engine map no issue. Tried the GTS trans map and it failed and then got multiple malfunctions. Car wont shift into any gear. Submitted a help ticket so hopefully this will be resolved soon. Based on others experiences it seems like it will.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2024, 04:10 AM   #13
mitchnaylor
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9lovr View Post
This happened to me today. Got the car back from a O2 sensor replacement and oil leak fix, flashed the engine map no issue. Tried the GTS trans map and it failed and then got multiple malfunctions. Car wont shift into any gear. Submitted a help ticket so hopefully this will be resolved soon. Based on others experiences it seems like it will.
Hey mate did you have any success? Same thing has happened to me, now just waiting for tech support response. Any info is much appreciated
Appreciate 0